TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Bonnar jucing?

from Observer

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=17311

--Stephan Bonnar's "A" sample in his drug test taken after the 8/26 fight with Forrest Griffin came back positive for the steroid Boldenone (Equipoise). They will now test his "B" sample, and if it comes back positive (and it is very rare the results aren't identical), he'll be facing a hearing, and a probable fine and suspension.

Ah, I'll keep it open. If it dies, it dies.

This sucks because, although this may have been Bonnar using it once to try and save his career in a high-profile match, the match that brought me (and many others) back into MMA now has the black cloud of steroid accusation over it.

Guest Dangerous Donnie D

EQ is a very common steroid amongst steroid users. Low risks of side effects, lean muscle gains...its kinda like Deca without the water bloat. Its also one of the hardest to detect in a drug test so Bonnar really really fucked up. Bad.

Ah, I'll keep it open. If it dies, it dies.

This sucks because, although this may have been Bonnar using it once to try and save his career in a high-profile match, the match that brought me (and many others) back into MMA now has the black cloud of steroid accusation over it.

Yeah, but Bonnar lost so I don't think the cloud is that black.

I'm having a hard time seeing how steroids would make THAT much of a difference in a sport that embraces dexterity, flexibility, and pure ability/talent. Sure, Bonnar might have had a little more pop in his punches, but he's not getting the real major benefit of roids...which would be minimum recovery time possible. It's not like he had another fight in rapid succession.

Any experts want to fill me in on what I'm missing here?

So if he loses anymore fights, Can Dana let him go? I'm new to MMA so i have no idea. Has he even won a fight since coming to UFC?

Guest Dangerous Donnie D

Yes...two very boring decisions. Against top ranked fighters Sam "The Fat Alaskin" Hoger and Keith "The Dude With The Dumbest Nickname in all of MMA" Jardine. The Jardine fight was a close one which honestly could have went to Jardine.

It wasn't mind-blowing or anything on the level of Griffin/Bonnar I in terms of a throwdown but it was a close fight with some exciting moments.

Gouveia vs Jardine was tons of fun specifically because of the leg kicks and the effect they had on the fight so......yeah. Leg kicks do rule.

I was bored with the Keith fight, but thought he'd lost the decision. Between that and looking bad against Rashad Evans I thought his future was in question

Here's the thing - Rashad has the ability to make anybody look bad against him. He's a quick guy and he's shown that he's got some pretty good takedowns. But he's shown nothing beyond that so he relies on LnP to get the win. It's hard to make a fight exciting when the other guy's all about the dry humping.

Guest Dangerous Donnie D
I'd hate to see what it takes to excite you.

You say this because the Bonnar/Jardine fight was boring to me?? What do I find exciting? Fights more exciting than that (and trust me there are plenty of them out there).