TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Fucking Wisconsin

MONDAY, May 12, 2008, 1:01 p.m.

By Lori Weiss

Women cited for letting 2-year-old smoke

Two women were arrested at a Greenfield Ponderosa restaurant after being accused of allowing a 2-year-old to smoke.

According to police:

The boy's 26-year-old mother and 39-year-old aunt were eating at the restaurant last week when they held a cigarette up to the boy's mouth and attempted to light it.

The aunt told police that the boy often says, "smoke, smoke," and sometimes takes cigarettes out of a pack and puts them in his mouth.

The child had been saying "smoke, smoke" while the aunt was smoking in the restaurant, and she held her cigarette up to the child's face. When she took it away, he continued to ask for a cigarette and grabbed one from a pack on the table.

When the child put the cigarette in his mouth, the aunt held up her lighter to light it, but the boy did not inhale the cigarette so it failed to light. During this time, the boy's mother was paying for the food and when she returned to the table, he still had a cigarette in his mouth, and the two women began laughing.

An employee then came over to the table and told them to take the cigarette out of the boy's mouth.

The boy's mother said the child did this all the time, adding: "He can even light his own cigarettes." The mother then asked the boy for a cigarette, which he pulled out of a pack and handed to his mother.

When the mother said "light, light" the child grabbed a lighter and handed it to his mother.

The aunt said she was concerned about the boy's welfare because the child can say and do other inappropriate things, and believes he may have picked up on the drug activity his mother displays.

The aunt said the mother keeps a rolled up dollar bill in the bedroom, which the child plays with.

Any time the boy has the dollar bill he hold it up to his nose and says, "fix, fix" over and over again.

The Milwaukee County district attorney's office did not charge the women with child abuse because there was no proof that the child was harmed or injured as a result of the incident.

The women were instead issued a citation for providing tobacco to an underage person

-----------

Any time the boy has the dollar bill he hold it up to his nose and says, "fix, fix" over and over again.

Awesome. I love my home state.

Two women were arrested at a Greenfield Ponderosa restaurant after being accused of allowing a 2-year-old to smoke.

According to police:

The boy's 26-year-old mother and 39-year-old aunt were eating at the restaurant last week when they held a cigarette up to the boy's mouth and attempted to light it.

The women were instead issued a citation for providing tobacco to an underage person

Do I even need to say it?

Guest Desensitized

I like that it's at a Ponderosa. One time, I went to a Ponderosa knockoff up in La Crosse called "the North Country Steak Buffet." There were stuffed deer and other woodland friends all over the place, and also a large man with a beard down to his knees. I laughed so much at him. It was kind of rude.

A review from TripAdvisor:

Apr 25, 2007

This was a deal that is hard to believe. A friend took me to this place when we had a been in LaCrosse. I didn't believe him until we were there. Yes, all the steak you can eat for less than $ 10.00. Not only Steak grilled to your liking, and quick, but also a huge buffet of other items to compliment your steak. Salad bar, side items, mushrooms, fried onions, potatoes. A dessert bar including ice cream You will never leave this place Hungry, and it is very affordable. The staff is very courteous and meets your every need. It also conveniently located near Interstate 90, so even if your pasiing by LaCrosse , it's worth the stop.

My head exploded a little, but I really like "other items to compliment your steak." What did the salad say to the steak? "Hey! You're well done!"

One of my father's favorite anecdotes about the Walworth County region is how he got some crappy steakhouse to buy advertising, and on their menu it said "steak cooked to your likeness." A real and-that's-when-I-realized, for sure.

Four Days In A Bathtub For An Elderly Woman

By Jay Sorgi

Story Created: May 21, 2008

Story Updated: May 21, 2008

An elderly woman is in a hospital this morning after being stuck in her bathtub for days.

Mary Anne Johnson lives in an apartment complex for seniors in Cedarburg.

Her daughter gave her a call to see how she was doing. She couldn't get out to answer the phone because she couldn't lift herself out of the tub.

In fact, she'd been stuck there for four days.

Police showed up to take care of her. They say she went through dehydration.

--------

I demand pictures

Guest The Elements of Style

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/25899669.html

A man from Milwaukee is facing criminal charges after he solved a problem with his lawnmower by shooting it.

According to a criminal complaint, on Wednesday Keith Walendowski got drunk early in the morning. He decided to mow his lawn on the 3500 block of South Austin Street in Milwaukee.

He couldn't get the lawnmower to start. His solution? Prosecutors say Walendowski went to his basement and grabbed a sawed off shotgun, and he fired twice at the lawnmower.

"I'll tell you the truth. I got pissed because my lawn mower wouldn't start, so I got my shotgun and shot it," Walendowski said to an officer. "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want."

If convicted, Walendowski faces up to six years and 90 days behind bars and fines of $11,000.

620wtmj_072508walendowskijs.jpg

I really can't argue with his logic, to be honest with you, but that's one scary-looking fucker. He should tell Ted Thompson how to handle l'affair Favre. Whether he's pro-Favre or anti-Favre, his deathstare would get shit done fast.

EDIT: that'd be a perfect avatar for Agent or Brody

What's the crime that he was charged with? (Ownership of a rifle or something and disorderly conduct while armed. The former gets up to 6 years while the latter gets a mere 90 days. For disorderly conduct... while armed... with a deadly weapon.) That's pretty bitchin though, you don't really hear of shit like that.

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says he plans to help a man who lost his house due to foreclosure for failing to pay a $50 city parking ticket.

Peter Tubic got the ticket for failing to have a license plate on a van he had parked in his driveway in 2004, and ignored a number of follow up notices over the year.

It finally led to the city foreclosing on Tubic's house last week after the fine amounted to $2,645 over the years.

The story was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Public Investigator team on Sunday.

Barrett said yesterday he can't sit by and watch a man who is suffering from mental debilitation lose his home because of a $50 ticket.

We really must be in a foreclosure crisis if a mentally challenged person can't park their untagged car in their own driveway without risk of losing their home.

Wow, you can't have a car untagged in Milwaukee? Damn, so if you want to sell your old car you have to make sure it's tagged? Plus foreclosing on the mentally disabled guy over a vehicle he more than likely can't drive anymore...that all seems harsh. Yeah ok, I can understand the fine if he was still driving it but even then, taking his house? Why not just take his car instead? I mean, the beef is with the guy and his car, not the guy and his HOME.

How is this even legal?

MONDAY, May 12, 2008, 1:01 p.m.

By Lori Weiss

According to police:

The aunt told police that the boy often says, "smoke, smoke," and sometimes takes cigarettes out of a pack and puts them in his mouth.

The child had been saying "smoke, smoke" while the aunt was smoking in the restaurant, and she held her cigarette up to the child's face. When she took it away, he continued to ask for a cigarette and grabbed one from a pack on the table.

When the child put the cigarette in his mouth, the aunt held up her lighter to light it, but the boy did not inhale the cigarette so it failed to light. During this time, the boy's mother was paying for the food and when she returned to the table, he still had a cigarette in his mouth, and the two women began laughing.

An employee then came over to the table and told them to take the cigarette out of the boy's mouth.

The boy's mother said the child did this all the time, adding: "He can even light his own cigarettes." The mother then asked the boy for a cigarette, which he pulled out of a pack and handed to his mother.

When the mother said "light, light" the child grabbed a lighter and handed it to his mother.

The aunt said she was concerned about the boy's welfare because the child can say and do other inappropriate things, and believes he may have picked up on the drug activity his mother displays.

The aunt said the mother keeps a rolled up dollar bill in the bedroom, which the child plays with.

The Milwaukee County district attorney's office did not charge the women with child abuse because there was no proof that the child was harmed or injured as a result of the incident.

-----------

Awesome. I love my home state.

I just now read this, mouth agape. I scrolled down, and there was Czech's avatar. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That guy getting arrested for shooting his lawnmower is horseshit. It is his yard and his lawnmower. That's a victimless crime!

Court says police illegally taped nursing home sex

By RYAN J. FOLEY Associated Press Writer

Article Last Updated: 09/11/2008 12:30:05 PM CDT

MADISON, Wis.—Police illegally videotaped a Wisconsin man having sex with his wife while she was in a coma in her nursing home room, an appeals court ruled Thursday.

David W. Johnson, 59, had an expectation to privacy when he visited his wife at Divine Savior Nursing Home in Portage, the District 4 Court of Appeals ruled. Therefore, police violated his Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches when they installed a hidden video camera in the room, the court said.

"We are satisfied that Johnson's expectation of privacy while visiting his wife in her nursing home room is one that society would recognize as reasonable," a unanimous three-judge panel wrote.

And this one from my Home of good ole Green Bay....

Woman wanted to 'relive' school, police say

33-year-old enrolled at Ashwaubenon

By Corinthia McCoy • [email protected] • September 13, 2008

Read Comments(15)Recommend (6)Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! ASHWAUBENON — A 33-year-old woman who enrolled at Ashwaubenon High School, posed as her 15-year-old daughter and practiced with the cheerleading squad was trying to relive her high school years, police say

Wendy Brown of Ashwaubenon appeared Friday in Brown County Circuit Court on a felony charge of identity theft after police say she used her daughter's documentation to become a student at the school. Officials said the woman stopped attending school after the first day, prompting a truancy investigation that led to the discovery of the woman's true identity.

According to court documents, Brown enrolled using her daughter's official transcript, Social Security card, birth certificate and other personal identification.

In the criminal complaint, school officials and teachers said the student appeared older but had a teenage-like demeanor. Brown had told teachers and some school officials that she and her mother had to leave Nevada to get away from her father.

"In school you see a lot of children who look older and dress older," said Don Penza, liaison officer.

"At what point do you say, 'You're lying.'"

She attended cheerleading practices and a party at the cheerleading coach's house. She was given a cheerleader locker and paid for her uniform with a check that later bounced.

Brown listed herself as the parent and an employee at a day care but did not provide a phone number on school forms. During the investigation, officials were unable to contact Brown and contacted the Nevada school listed on the transcript she provided, according to police.

School officials there said Brown's daughter was currently attending school. The girl's grandmother, who is her legal guardian, confirmed that and alerted officials to Brown's history of fraud and identity theft.

School and law enforcement officials later discovered Brown was arrested by Green Bay Police on Sept. 3 and booked into the Brown County Jail on an unrelated misdemeanor charge. Brown admitted to the false identity and said her daughter was unaware of the scheme.

"We find it not funny at all," said Lt. Jody Crocker of the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department.

According to the complaint, "The defendant stated she wanted to get her high school degree and be a cheerleader because she had no childhood and was trying to regain a part of her life she missed."

The woman told officers she wanted to get her high school diploma and become a cheerleader because she had no childhood.

Crocker said he's not buying the story because of her lengthy history of fraud.

Brown County Assistant District Attorney Beau Liegeois said Brown has a 2007 conviction for deceptive practices, a 2004 conviction for obstructing an officer and a 2002 burglary conviction. She was sentenced to five years in prison for the oldest two cases. All of her previous convictions were from Illinois, Liegeois said.

Brown County Court Commissioner Jane Sequin set bail Friday in the two new criminal cases and set Brown's next hearing for Friday.

Brown is being held, with bail at $9,500 on three criminal complaint

Dad Sentenced For Picking Up Kids While Drunk

The De Pere father who was drunk when he picked up his children at day care has been sentenced to 18 months in prison. Prosecutors say Todd Hansford had a blood alcohol level of 0.25 when he arrived to pick up his two children from Growing Time Child Care in Ledgeview March 4. His intoxication level was more than three times the legal limit.

Staff at the day care center tried to prevent Hansford from

leaving with the children and called 911. Brown County sheriff's deputies arrested Hansford in the center's parking lot.

Brown County Judge Kendall Kelley sentenced Hansford to two

years of extended supervision following his release

Teen Compacted In Garbage Truck

A teenage boy survived after he was accidentally dumped into the back of a recycling truck and compacted. Police say the 14-year-old Milwaukee boy ran away from a boot camp-style school for teens Monday and hid among cardboard in a

large recycling bin. A Waste Management truck arrived and picked up the bin with its mechanical arms, dumping the contents into it's rear compactor. Waste Management spokeswoman Lynn Morgan says the truck continued on its collection route, compacting cardboard several times. The boy was semiconscious when he was finally spotted after the

truck dumped its load at a recycling processing center in suburban Germantown. He was taken to Children's Hospital in nearby Wauwatosa. Police say the boy's injuries aren't life-threatening.

Greatness.

Actually a kind of interesting story (from the Chicago Tribune):

"Milwaukee neighborhoods could print own money

2 neighborhoods consider printing own currency for exclusive use in local stores

By Erika Slife | Tribune reporter

December 3, 2008

They may be talking funny money, but it's not funny business.

Residents from the Milwaukee neighborhoods of Riverwest and East Side are scheduled to meet Wednesday to discuss printing their own money. The idea is that the local cash could be used at neighborhood stores and businesses, thus encouraging local spending. The result, supporters hope, would be a bustling local economy, even as the rest of the nation deals with a recession.

"You have all these people who have local currency, and they're going to spend it at local stores," said Sura Faraj, a community organizer who is helping spearhead the plan. "They can't spend it at the Wal-Mart or the Home Depot, but they can spend it at their local hardware store or their local grocery store."

Incentives could be used to entice consumers into using the new money. For example, perhaps they could trade $100 U.S. for $110 local, essentially netting them a 10 percent discount at participating stores.

It's not a new concept—experts estimate there are at least 2,000 local currencies all over the world—but it is a practice that tends to burgeon during economic downturns. During the Great Depression, scores of communities relied on their own currencies.

And it's completely legal.

As long as communities don't create coins, or print bills that resemble federal dollars, organizations are free to produce their own greenbacks—and they'd don't even have to be green.

In Wisconsin, could that mean dough that looks like cheese?"

Guest Czecherbear

The word "neighborhoods" is too polysyllabic for the redesigned Trib. The article should read more like

STATE NORTH OF HERE MAKES OWN MONEY! WE THOUGHT IT WAS NO BUT IT CAN BE YES. IT CAN STOP FUTURE MONEY BAD THING. SPEND IN THE TOWN WITH MILLER PARK AND YOU SAVE MONEY. MIGHT LOOK LIKE CHEESE. YR THOUGHTS?