TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

WrestleMania 23 Seating Chart

17132s.gif

Good Luck, Vince..You better put on a Helluva card to fill this place up...It holds. 70,000 max for football...80,000 for basketball..I'd guess mabye 82,000-85,000 max for WrestleMania 23 if it sells out....

If you don't think a Wrestlemania can sell that many tickets, your mistaken.

WrestleMania 23 Seating Chart

17132s.gif

Good Luck, Vince..You better put on a Helluva card to fill this place up...It holds. 70,000 max for football...80,000 for basketball..I'd guess mabye 82,000-85,000 max for WrestleMania 23 if it sells out....

If you don't think a Wrestlemania can sell that many tickets, your mistaken.

I'm not saying it cant sell that many tickets, But will the card equal the environment? You're talking at least a 4 star show they have to put on for it to be considered a complete success. Can Vince and the writers book the perfect show...I think they don't have a choice.

Heh, there's a picture on WWE.com from their tour of Italy which sees Brian Kendrick holding a ROH DVD.

Punk: The Final Chapter, no less. At least that show revolved around 4 current WWE workers.

Well we're very likely getting a Big Show vs Hulk Hogan encounter and the groundwork for that feud is already being laid. I know a lot of internet fans are hating that idea, but I think it could be huge. Hogan says that it is his last match, and it could be Big Show's last match as well - I expect a trch passing moment during the match, probably with Cena on the recieving end.

I wonder if they'll have those little carts to drive the wrestlers to the ring...

It'd be better for everyone involved if they must use Hogan, to duplicate WMX8 instead with Cena playing Rock's role since Cena doesn't have much to do in-house unless they pull the trigger on a Batista/Cena match and that's not happening.

Hogan/TBS will be too obvious in its intention to duplicate Andre/Hogan and you can't do that. Why bother messing with the legacy by doing a remake of that match.

Guest Floridian Cool

WrestleMania just sold out:

The frenzied WWE fans began camping out in front of Ford Field as early as Friday morning. They weathered the cold and the rain to ensure they would get their hands on the hot tickets, which proved to be the right move. In fact, every available seat for WrestleMania was quickly snatched by the WWE fans.

- WWE.com

The frenzied WWE fans began camping out in front of Ford Field as early as Friday morning. They weathered the cold and the rain to ensure they would get their hands on the hot tickets, which proved to be the right move. In fact, every available seat for WrestleMania was quickly snatched by the WWE fans.

- WWE.com

See you don't have to have any matches annouced for a Wrestlemania to competely sell it out.

If anyone cares - Ashley is posing for Playboy in the couple of months according to PWInsider. Much rather see Maria myself but guess not.

It didn't sell out....it sold as many tickets available right NOW. That means half the arena isn't for sale because of production issues (are they going to have a 17 setup or a 19 setup) so they've probably sold at the max 40,000 since the pre-sales.

That's good for the shit they have now, but they've got a long way to go.

- WWE.com

See you don't have to have any matches annouced for a Wrestlemania to competely sell it out.

Let's consider the source here, WWE.com isn't really super-reliable when it comes to reporting. Also, believe me there will be seats released near the event because not every seat in the building was sold today, most but not all.

If anyone cares - Ashley is posing for Playboy in the couple of months according to PWInsider. Much rather see Maria myself but guess not.

Seconded, but with Maria while the body is fantastic, her eyes are what are the draw for me.

Maria is 100x better off not posing - I think it really kills interest in the diva once she poses, as the mystery is gone. Afterall it's the tease that sells the striptease.

I guess Ashley will get the WM Playboy Women's title push - rather predictable.

It'd be better for everyone involved if they must use Hogan, to duplicate WMX8 instead with Cena playing Rock's role since Cena doesn't have much to do in-house unless they pull the trigger on a Batista/Cena match and that's not happening.

Hogan/TBS will be too obvious in its intention to duplicate Andre/Hogan and you can't do that. Why bother messing with the legacy by doing a remake of that match.

Lashley/Big Show as the new Andre/Hogan... it's gonna happen.

Maria is 100x better off not posing - I think it really kills interest in the diva once she poses, as the mystery is gone. Afterall it's the tease that sells the striptease.

I guess Ashley will get the WM Playboy Women's title push - rather predictable.

I am so not interested in Ash posing for Playboy. Although looking at it in one direction is that 3 out of the last 5 divas that posed are no longer with the company. So hopefully she soon joins Chyna and Sable on the unemployment line. I left Hemme off the list because she at least tried to improve.

A problem with doing Hogan vs. Show is that people are going to want to see Hogan slam Show, and even with Show helping out I don't see Hogan in condition to do it. If he tried to slam Show, all his artificial body parts will break off.

Ashley has already posed for Playboy, so it's not like they can even get the buzz of it being the first chance to see her naked.

Some notes from Meltzer

--Smackdown from last night did another strong 2.7 rating on the overnights on hours of 2.5 and 2.9, putting CW ahead of FOX for 4th place on the night.

--The WWE is going to be doing its own cartoon on its web site called "Mr. McMahon's Ass." It's an already insane business that just gets even more insane by the day

--WWE is now going back to doing small charity show type events, which means they are looking at running high schools again to run lower overhead events

Lashley/Big Show as the new Andre/Hogan... it's gonna happen.

Except not. TBS doesn't have a fraction of the invincibility, relevance, charisma and dominance that Andre had. Andre was a pure giant, while TBS has looked liked any other wrestler and has been easily beaten and taken off his feet on regular basis.

Lashley is still tremendously green and has lost all faith from the office even if they are considering giving him the ECW title (even that they seem cold on). Lashley comes off as just another big guy and doesn't even compare in any sense to Hulk Hogan at any time but especially not the 1987 Hulk Hogan whom was the King of the World. Lashley is a green mid-carder who has been exposed and lacks the ability to give that money promo that would be crucial. The only worker in WWE right now who has that Hogan like mark is Batista and that's purely in terms of look, status in the company and charisma.

Also, TBS is broken down and done with and unlike Andre, he isn't sticking around to further deteriorate. TBS can walk away from a WM match unless it's special and that is ONLY Hogan, whom is not just a close friend to him and influencial part of his career but is almost the holy grail for WM matches.

As I said eariler and then further emphasized by HTQ, there's so many things at risk with TBS/Hogan that it's really not worth the effort. The only program besides the obvious money match with Austin(that isn't going to happen) worth the involvment of Hulk Hogan is Cena and even I don't think it's neccesary. I say keeping using Hogan for his annual match at Summer Slam since WM doesn't need Hogan to make a big dent in the buy rate.

As for Lashley/TBS, It's like re-doing Gone With The Wind but with Ben Affleck and Beyonce.

Guest netslob
A problem with doing Hogan vs. Show is that people are going to want to see Hogan slam Show, and even with Show helping out I don't see Hogan in condition to do it. If he tried to slam Show, all his artificial body parts will break off.

YEAH, do it Hogan, GO FOR IT!

I think Hogan vs Show should be held off for a year. Let show take some time off for about a year and before Wrestlemania 24 start rolling videos about Big Show and let him do a "Via Satellte" from his home saying how he wants to challange Hogan at Wrestlemania 24.

I think Hogan vs Show should be held off for a year. Let show take some time off for about a year and before Wrestlemania 24 start rolling videos about Big Show and let him do a "Via Satellte" from his home saying how he wants to challange Hogan at Wrestlemania 24.

The whole idea around TBS/Hogan is based on duplicating Andre/Hogan and you can only do that in front of a packed dome in Detroit. It won't work in another environment.

Show wants out of the business altogether and since he has options outside of wrestling, he isn't as likely to jump back into the ring.

Guest netslob

hey, i got an idea...how about instead of trying to rehash a once in a lifetime event and feel that really can't be duplicated, they TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

World Wrestling Entertainment broke its all-time live event money record for Wrestlemania 23, with tickets going on sale to the general public yesterday.

Nearly 50,000 tickets are out at Ford Field in Detroit for the April 1, 2007 show, in a building that will be set up for 78,000 people. The total gate after the pre-sale and first day of tickets was $4.35 million.

The company's all-time live event gate record was set on March 17, 2002, for Wrestlemania X-8 at Sky Dome in Toronto. It is also the North American all-time record. The show, headlined by Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock, drew a $3,846,033 gate in U.S. currency based on the exchange rates on the day of the show.

The all-time pro wrestling gate record, of nearly $7 million, which will not be approached by this show, was set in Japan in 1998 for Antonio Inoki's retirement match against Don Frye at the Tokyo Dome.

Well for a shitty fucking product and not even knowing what the show

's card is, that's pretty f'n good. Now we'll have to wait for someone who main events the show to credit themselves that they drew all that money (like wrestlers always seem to do.)

They'll probably reach about 70,000 and comp the rest and probably have a huge f'n stage.

They better do Austin/Hogan...

Just out of curiosity, what does the CM in CM Punk's name stand for?

Originally he was a part of a tag team known as the Chick Magnets but there isn't a real meaning anymore and Punk has given over a million different names.