TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Rene Dupree wrestled at last night's OVW taping in a tag match with Sylvan against Harry Smith and Kofi Kingston, and well, he had a "wardrobe malfunction" during the match. The show's reporter said, "An oblivious Rene Dupree didn't realize that his testicle had come out during the match and he pranced around the ring after the match with it hanging out."

ProWrestling.com

Rene Dupree wrestled at last night's OVW taping in a tag match with Sylvan against Harry Smith and Kofi Kingston, and well, he had a "wardrobe malfunction" during the match. The show's reporter said, "An oblivious Rene Dupree didn't realize that his testicle had come out during the match and he pranced around the ring after the match with it hanging out."

ProWrestling.com

Man I don't know about anyone else but I'd think if my testicle came out of my pants/trunks whatever he wears I'd be able to feel it and know right away.

ProWrestling.com

Man I don't know about anyone else but I'd think if my testicle came out of my pants/trunks whatever he wears I'd be able to feel it and know right away.

No shit. Oh well, on the plus side at least he didn't have a boner like his previous "wardrobe malfunction"

ProWrestling.com

Just thank god that didn't happen on TV. :throwup:

No shit. Oh well, on the plus side at least he didn't have a boner like his previous "wardrobe malfunction"

What happened and when?

The scheduled WWE Saturday Night's Main Event special that would have been taped on 3/5 in Phoenix, Arizona for a 3/10 NBC broadcast has been canceled. The 3/5 TV taping will instead simply be utilized for that week's live edition of Monday Night Raw on the USA Network. The US Air Arena in Phoenix has dropped all references to SNME in advertising for the event.

According to sources within the TV industry, the call was made by NBC originally to move the special from primetime to a late night timeslot due to low ratings for last year's primetime SNME specials. NBC later decided not to run the show late night in the timeslot usually populated by Saturday Night Live, partially because of the belief they would have to give up ad revenue previously sold for SNL due to a potential drop in ratings. Issues arose between NBC and WWE over the timeslot issue.

Another factor in the move, according to sources, was that NBC requested WWE postpone the SNME special until this June due to the potential Writer's Guild strike looming in Hollywood.

The Writer's Guild's contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires this October but the two sides are not expected to begin negotiate for a new deal until at least May, possibly later. It's considered a likely possibility within the Hollywood industry that both sides will be looking at a strike, partially because the Guild is seeking to get a bigger piece of the DVD and download royalties pie for their members and are refusing to discuss a new deal until right before the current agreement expires.

With the shadow of a strike potentially shutting down production for many series, NBC (and other networks) are already strategizing programming that wouldn't require members of the Guild. Part of NBC's strategy is to have the SNME special (and other potential WWE programming) on deck for that time period.

While WWE (read: Vince McMahon) was reportedly not happy with losing the March special, since WWE would lose a piece of their Wrestlemania 23 synergy, they did eventually agree to postponing SNME until June.

International markets originally scheduled to air SNME this March have already been informed the special has been postponed until a date in June to be announced.

PWI

What happened and when?

I can't remember who he was wrestling, but I think it was around the same time that Hardcore Holly beat the shit out of him with a chair on a house show (he had a black eye, etc from it).

Apparently it was at a house show and he wrestled his match with a boner. Somebody has got to have heard of that....anyone?

Guest ian02840

is there any chance batista will get his wish to have a hell in a cell match against taker? itd be better than 2 straight up title matches.

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, it took a little looking but I managed to find it in an old book of David Letterman's top 10 lists. The book is from 1991, I'd say the list was a year or two before it: Top 10 signs Trump is in trouble: #7-Recently asked advisors how they felt a "Battling Billionaire" character would go over on the pro wrestling circuit.

What happened and when?

I can't remember who he was wrestling, but I think it was around the same time that Hardcore Holly beat the shit out of him with a chair on a house show (he had a black eye, etc from it).

Apparently it was at a house show and he wrestled his match with a boner. Somebody has got to have heard of that....anyone?

Lol, I've heard of that before but not in a long time, usually it's when something is going on with a rat or whoever in the back and the wrestler loses track of time. Just stall or keep an eye on some 300 pound woman and it would usually be fixed.

Too bad about SNME being cancelled, I was curious to see how they would have fared being aired in the traditional late night SNL timeslot. Also, it was a pretty big deal to have to build to Mania from it. But then again they can just continue to build strong on their normal TV shows and not have to worry about adding another loaded show to the mix right now. If it means they get more WWE specials later this year for agreeing to nix this special, it's probably for the best.

I wish that they'd just cancel all PPVs except Mania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, the Rumble...and maybe two more...then have the other months just have a SNME in it.

Isn't that pretty much how they did it from 85-92?

I wish that they'd just cancel all PPVs except Mania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, the Rumble...and maybe two more...then have the other months just have a SNME in it.

Yeah, but that was before weekly TV became more than just a string of squashes with the occasional angle development. SNME today isn't anything more special than the average TV show. Judging from the first two they've done, I'd say it actually means less.

I really dont think the ppv schedule is THAT bad anymore ever since the brand split, although there is so much interpromotional stuff on most single brand ppvs, its kind of become ridiculous.

Wait I thought that some members of creative are Hollywood writers, if that's the case chances are that some of them are members of the WGA and will have to strike.

I'm sure the WWE would love to lose about half their PPV revenue.

Id be more inclined to rent the non major PPVs (Rumble/Mania/ONS(?),SummerSlam,Survivor Series) if they were $20 instead of $40.

I FINALLY! got my $5 rebate for buying Wreckless Intent at Circuit City last May and renting One Night Stand in June. I had totally forgotten about it and given up on it.

Yay for $5!

Yeah, but that was before weekly TV became more than just a string of squashes with the occasional angle development. SNME today isn't anything more special than the average TV show. Judging from the first two they've done, I'd say it actually means less.

Well, that's because the past two SNME's have been just lead in shows for WrestleMania 22 and I believe it was SummerSlam this past year.

With my formula, SNME would be replacing shows like Backlash, Judgment Day, and the like, and while building to the future PPVs would have PPV quality matches fit into two hours.

In other words...it'd be like the old school "In Your House" events...except on free TV and with commercials.

I really dont think the ppv schedule is THAT bad anymore ever since the brand split, although there is so much interpromotional stuff on most single brand ppvs, its kind of become ridiculous.

...we have 16 PPVs in 12 months.

SIXTEEN

And one of those months, one of the major PPVs (Royal Rumble) has a PPV mostly nobody cares about, New Year's Revolution.

That's a bit excessive to me.

My view on this is...if you make PPVs rarer, and don't give them major, non commercial interrupted matches that often, more people will be willing to buy the things, and we wouldn't have PPVs that are under 100,000 in buys.

In simpler terms...you build a higher demand for them.

But that's just how I view things.

Dropping 11 would mean roughly 2-4 million PPV buys. Divide that between 4, because dropping the non major PPV's would have no impact on the WM buyrate, and it mean they would have to add 300,000 more buys per year. Then you also need to take into account the revenue they would get from sales of the DVD, replays, specific PPV related merch fro the crowd and you see it is just not viable for them to go back to the big 4 or 5 if you include ONS and replace 11 major revenue generating shows for free tv shows.

I'm sure they can gain those 300,000 buys back by cutting back on PPVs...you're looking at one buyer right here.

One thing that doesn't entice me to buy is, for example, when you have Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro fight 80 times on free TV then turn around and put them on a couple PPVs.

I've always wondered if WWE would be better served to offer discounts or deals. Maybe for, say $299.95 per year, you get all 16 PPVs or something like that.

The Backlash poster:

backlash07.jpg

that's pretty cool...but nothing tops King Booker slaying the dragon!

I have to agree. That poster was awesome.