TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I got this from another board, so take this with a grain of salt, but apparently now, WWE wants to go in a direction of having either Cena or Batista turn on the other, and have a match at Wrestlemania 23.

I got this from another board, so take this with a grain of salt, but apparently now, WWE wants to go in a direction of having either Cena or Batista turn on the other, and have a match at Wrestlemania 23.

did they have a source listed?

anyway, if it is true, I'd be all for heel Cena if it means Freestyle raps again.

anyway, if it is true, I'd be all for heel Cena if it means Freestyle raps again.

Cena would be the face. Turning your #1 face who actually makes an impact for a change, against someone who is better as a heel anyways would be stupid. WWE wouldn't turn Cena when it was practically the only option, why turn him when he's tremendously over and making money?

WWE.com says Raw's main event tonight is DX & Hardy Boyz vs. Edge, Orton, & MNM in a regular eight-man tag. Now, when WWE said that MNM was one night only, they apparently meant three nights only... unless the one night was for ECW.

WWE.com says Raw's main event tonight is DX & Hardy Boyz vs. Edge, Orton, & MNM in a regular eight-man tag. Now, when WWE said that MNM was one night only, they apparently meant three nights only... unless the one night was for ECW.

After getting rid of Punk, Helms and Knox, this will probably get 30.

Cena would be the face. Turning your #1 face who actually makes an impact for a change, against someone who is better as a heel anyways would be stupid. WWE wouldn't turn Cena when it was practically the only option, why turn him when he's tremendously over and making money?

I know they wouldn't do that, I'm speaking hypothetically...in other words, the idea stinks...

Assuming Cena drops the belt before WM, in order to have HHH/Edge, will Batista drop the title before then too? Or will he not just defend it at WM? Or will he, and Cena wins and goes to Smackdown? Either way, I'd rather have this match than Batista/Taker if the rumor about Taker losing is true.

I'm surprised we haven't got the annual "Orton is planned for the WM main event" speculation.

Once upon a time, Cena/Orton would've been a big deal for WWE braintrust.

IGN Sports: What made you choose the Anaconda Vice as your finisher?

CM Punk: It's a Brazilian jujitsu hold, a choke, and I don't recommend you actually try to put it on anybody; I don't want kids trying to put it on their little brother or anything because the move is very real. It's something that looks cool, and you can really choke someone out using it, so it was a no-brainer for me to use as my finisher.

Well, I guess that answers the lingering question I had as far as how much Punk actually knows about BJJ.

CM Punk: It's a Brazilian jujitsu hold, a choke, and I don't recommend you actually try to put it on anybody; I don't want kids trying to put it on their little brother or anything because the move is very real. It's something that looks cool, and you can really choke someone out using it, so it was a no-brainer for me to use as my finisher.

Well, I guess that answers the lingering question I had as far as how much Punk actually knows about BJJ.

And what's the verdict?

I'm surprised we haven't got the annual "Orton is planned for the WM main event" speculation.

Actually..... about Orton. Here's the full post, but no source was linked.

Rumors are swirling around about what the main event for WrestleMania will be in Detroit, MI. Rumors have mentioned Batista vs. Undertaker and Cena vs. Orton. However a new rumor developing is Batista vs. Cena. There could be a plan in place where one turns on the other at the Smackdown's Armageddon PPV.

And what's the verdict?

The Anaconda Vice is actually an overly elaborate neck crank, not a choke, and sees pretty much no use in BJJ competition whatsoever.

Okay... I just noticed this shit while putzing around on the ECW website...

At ECW, the fans are the most important part of the show, which is why we pay tribute to a different one each week in Die Hards.

Name: Charlie Villanueva

Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Number: 31

At: 10/29/06 ECW Show, Milwaukee, Wis.

Shows Attended: First show

Years as being an ECW fan: 7 years

Favorite Extremist: Sabu. He's Crazy.

Drive to get to the arena: 10 minutes

Favorite/most memorable ECW moment: When Chris Benoit broke Sabu's neck with a German Suplex.

Message to the Extremists: ECW is as entertaining as a Bucks game. It's the real thing.

...I'm speechless...

Guest netslob

i hate the Anaconda Vice...it looks too easy to get out of. why doesn't his opponent just yank his hair or poke him in the eyes or punch him with their quite obviously free hand? they just slap it against the mat like a dead fish.

i hate the Anaconda Vice...it looks too easy to get out of. why doesn't his opponent just yank his hair or poke him in the eyes or punch him with their quite obviously free hand? they just slap it against the mat like a dead fish.

Now I'm obviously putting too much thought into a fake situation, but both hair pulling & eye gouging are illegal, and it's very, very hard to generate any power whatsoever from punches while lying on your back, especially as someone's trying to rip your head off.

The thing is, I don't actually like the move much either, my problem with it being that (disregarding pro-wrestling logic) there's a number of moves that can be applied from the same position that are much more effective and easier to slap on.

I believe that Punk was just using the powers of KAYFABE~!

I'm sure the guy knows it is not a choke.

I have no idea what's to be gained from inaccurately describing it as a choke as opposed to a neck crank, aside from using the term "choke out," which has become a pretty popular phrase.

Rumors are swirling around about what the main event for WrestleMania will be in Detroit, MI. Rumors have mentioned Batista vs. Undertaker and Cena vs. Orton. However a new rumor developing is Batista vs. Cena. There could be a plan in place where one turns on the other at the Smackdown's Armageddon PPV.

WWE's double standards, it doesn't matter how many times Randall fucks up he will always get another chance to become a top main eventer since Vince and HHH have a hard on for his metrosexual looks.

If they want to do Cena vs. Batista, they should start planning now and they might ready for it at WM 24. Right now is too soon, and I don't think WWE are going to make people choose between their two golden boys. Then again, it's not like they shy away from making bad calls.

The Anaconda Vice is a blood choke when done properly. I just think Punk doesn't do it properly is all.

It could be used as a compression choke if the forearm were used to press against the side of the opponent's neck (similar to a forearm choke variation I learned), but from what I've seen of the move in pro-wrestling, most guys tend to hook far behond the opponent's head, thus eliminating the possiblity. Of course, getting that proper forearm placement would probably be a bit more involved than simply wrapping your arm deeply for an arm-triangle.

I don't disagree, that why I said I just think Punk does it wrong for whatever reason. I can't believe he wouldn't know how to do it properly, so either he is just lazy or he's loose with the technique for Sports Entertainment reasons.

How does Cena/Batista happen unless one of them loses their title or they don't do the "RR winner gets a title shot at WM" Stip..unless an ECW guy wins the RR and challenges Lashley or whoever..?

Assuming Cena drops the belt before WM, in order to have HHH/Edge, will Batista drop the title before then too? Or will he not just defend it at WM? Or will he, and Cena wins and goes to Smackdown? Either way, I'd rather have this match than Batista/Taker if the rumor about Taker losing is true.

Unless Taker has done something MAJOR to really piss off Vince I doubt Taker is going to lose at WM. Cause all Taker would have to say is those 4 little words: "I'm not feeling it", and you know the finish is going to get changed.

Meltzer got quoted on WWE.com:

WWE Expects Successful Resolution to Indonesia

In an article that appeared in today’s Stamford Advocate, analyst Dennis McAlpine, of McAlpine Associates, noted that the incident in Indonesia “won’t hurt the company’s performance, nor its ability to seek growth abroad.” WWE anticipates a successful resolution that will allow Indonesian viewers to see WWE programming again in the near future.

WWE Downplays Indonesia incident

Stamford Advocate

By Julie Fishman-Lapin, Staff Writer

5 December 2006

Copyright 2006, Stamford Advocate

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. may find itself pinned to the mat in Indonesia, but industry analysts say the company's troubles there shouldn't affect its ability to grow abroad.

The WWE, in a written statement over the weekend, said the latest protest depicted by an Associated Press photograph is "contrived" and organized by local activists "trying to fuel the fire."

The Stamford company is denying allegations that a 9-year-old Indonesian boy died several weeks after friends threw him to the ground imitating a popular WWE wrestling move they saw on TV.

The company said the boy's father waited a week after the incident occurred to seek medical care for his son. The boy died a month later. The family, which blames WWE, would not allow an autopsy because of religious reasons.

Indonesian authorities have said the boy's death had nothing to do with WWE.

But under pressure from parents and educators, an Indonesian television station pulled all WWE programming off the air.

"We anticipate a successful resolution that will lead to our programming being back on the air as soon as possible," WWE spokeswoman Kate Cox said.

The incident in Indonesia may be a blow to the WWE, but it won't hurt the company's performance, nor its ability to seek growth abroad, said Dennis McAlpine, a WWE analyst for McAlpine Associates.

"It is a relatively small marketplace (for the WWE) to begin with, and their penetration of it was relatively small, so I think it will have minimal impact," McAlpine said. "If they got kicked out of China or Japan, that would be far more important. It's not that Indonesia isn't an important market, but it isn't the biggest thing in the world."

David Meltzer, publisher of the Wrestling Observer newsletter, agreed.

"When you have hundreds of countries to choose from, it is not going to make or break the company," Meltzer said.

However, the flak the WWE is facing in Indonesia is disappointing, he said. Cox said the WWE has been in Indonesia for six years and reaches millions of viewers.

"We value Indonesia, as it is part of our global expansion into Asia," she said.

Over the past few years, the WWE has targeted overseas markets, McAlpine said.

"Certainly the current business in the United States is on a downswing," he said.

Europe is still a hot market for the WWE, but other markets such as Japan and Australia are slowing down in terms of growth, Meltzer said. Indonesia has shown great promise. A recent live event in Jakarta by a Japanese professional wrestling business drew more than 10,000 people.

"As far as a viable market to go into, I think they would go in gang busters," Meltzer said, predicting that WWE can overcome the incident. "It's a stub in the toe -- nothing more than that."