TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The Miz presents his Top 10 'Mania Moments

By Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

March 30, 2006

10. Jeff Hardy hitting a Swanton off a 20-foot ladder onto Bubba Ray Dudley, WrestleMania X-Seven: I remember when he was climbing the ladder thinking, “There's no way he's going to jump from that high!” When he did it, I thought, “Oh yeah, he's dead!”

What? Bubba? I thought it was Spike and Rhyno :boxing:

Ha ha. Reality check THAT, Miz.

again, Piper wants his gimmick back.

I'm not looking that forward to JBL vs Benoit. JBL is fun on the mic, but I don't see what's so great about the guy in the ring. Still though, Benoit will make him look good, and you can count on that.

Totally agree!

The Miz presents his Top 10 'Mania Moments

By Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

March 30, 2006

10. Jeff Hardy hitting a Swanton off a 20-foot ladder onto Bubba Ray Dudley, WrestleMania X-Seven: I remember when he was climbing the ladder thinking, “There's no way he's going to jump from that high!” When he did it, I thought, “Oh yeah, he's dead!”

What? Bubba? I thought it was Spike and Rhyno :boxing:

Ha ha. Reality check THAT, Miz.

He got WM2000 mixed up with WMX7's ladder match.

Is it asking to much, that Rey doesn't have a repeat of his performence last year? I'd hate to see the already heatless joke of a "main-event" ruined even further by having Mysterio stop every 35 seconds to adjust his mask.

Is it asking to much, that Rey doesn't have a repeat of his performence last year? I'd hate to see the already heatless joke of a "main-event" ruined even further by having Mysterio stop every 35 seconds to adjust his mask.

haha yeah that was annoying as shit...stick to your regular masks, Rey!

haha yeah that was annoying as shit...stick to your regular masks, Rey!

I do wonder if he'll bring back the superhero theme to his WM costumes. I used to like it, when wrestlers wore new or special outfits for Mania.

At this rate, Rey will have Eddie's face and catch phrases all over his mask and outfit this year.

I wouldn't count out a Rick Rude style outfit with Eddie's face on the side and VIVA LA RAZA on the other side of the pants and LIE. CHEAT. STEAL on the back.

nothing will ever top Rey's Spider-Man outfit from his WCW days...Daredevil was pretty cool, though (didn't he do something similar with The Flash as well?). I'd almost bank on some kind of Eddie related gear this Sunday. If anything, it'll be on the shirt he wears to the ring.

I liked the Batman outfit, before he had the $ to produce anything flashy for his costumes.

I believe he did The Flash for WMXX. Last year, he played off the large latino crowd by wearing the Mexico gear.

I'm always curious to see if anyone does anything special, outfit wise. Didn't Shawn debut the current look at WMXXI?

I hate when the wrestlers (not in a tag-team) wear the same colors, just a picky thing that annoys me.

yeah, HBK debuted his current gear at WM 21...I always appreciate when HHH busts out the white boots.

Cena will be wearing the black shorts, Triple H should bust out the all-white gear for this show.

I'd laugh when they try to present Triple H with the spinning belt and he demends they bring out the "real" title.

I'd laugh when they try to present Triple H with the spinning belt and he demends they bring out the "real" title.

He'll probably do some shoot on the worthlessness of the belt and how it's a joke and he'll toss it aside and open his suit jacket and be wearing the old championship belt or a newly modified version for him.

Remember last year when it was rumored they wanted the Rock to work with Cena and when the Rock backed out some said the he knew better because Cena was so hot at the moment the Rock would have to be the heel?

Amagine that now.

Remember last year when it was rumored they wanted the Rock to work with Cena and when the Rock backed out some said the he knew better because Cena was so hot at the moment the Rock would have to be the heel?

Amagine that now.

Why would Rock be opposed to working heel? That's him at his best, around late 2004 he was praising Memphis style wrestling and that he was watching countless tapes of it in his trailer. I would imagine he would jump at the opportunity to play a memphis style heel against a hot baby-face like Cena in LA.

The real thing was, Rock was asked to work JBL instead. He tried to get Sting but that fell through.

Guest NYankees

I thought the rock didn't want to work with cena because he knew that HHH would destroy cena one day down the road?

On another board I had brought up the idea of Cena bringing a replica title to the match (because even Vince isn't crazy enough to do this with the actual belt). Then when HHH beats him, after being presented the Spinner, HHH throws the belt down in disgust and destroys it with the sledgehammer. You know the crowd will eat it up with a spoon, too. I just long for the days of the non-spinner belt returning. I love that thing.

Instead of ever even making the spinner Cena should just went with an older title belt since he was all about retro-jereseys and such. But the spinner makes them a shit load of money so what are you gonna do.

I posted this at DVDVR, but I got no responses, so I'll try it here:

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any restaurant/sports bar-type places that would be showing Wrestlemania around the Allentown/Reading area of Pennsylvania. I know Hooters shows them but the closest one of those to where I am is in King of Prussia, about 35 miles away from where I am. Also, I can't get into any "real" bars because I won't be for two weeks. The "Blast areas" thing on wwe.com yields nothing that would be helpful to me. So, with that in mind, does anyone know where I might be able to go to see Wrestlemania?

I thought the rock didn't want to work with cena because he knew that HHH would destroy cena one day down the road?

I don't know if that's true but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was.

You know I really wrestled with the decision for a long time, and what I discovered was that I love wrestling, and I think I want to go pursue professional wrestling

- Mitch Hurwitz explaining why he bowed out of Arrested Development.

O

M

G

O

B

OK, I just read on DVDVR that according to Meltzer, the reason why the video package on Monday read "Rick Flair" is because WWE is involved in a legal battle with Jim Crockett over the name "Ric Flair" and WWE will be calling him "Rick" until the matter is resolved. There's been some debate over whether or not this is an April Fools joke, but Dave told a fan who e-mailed him that it is a serious decision and this weeks WON preview lists "Battle over ownership of one of the most famous names in wrestling history has just come up" as one of this week's issue's stories.

Guest burth179
OK, I just read on DVDVR that according to Meltzer, the reason why the video package on Monday read "Rick Flair" is because WWE is involved in a legal battle with Jim Crockett over the name "Ric Flair" and WWE will be calling him "Rick" until the matter is resolved. There's been some debate over whether or not this is an April Fools joke, but Dave told a fan who e-mailed him that it is a serious decision and this weeks WON preview lists "Battle over ownership of one of the most famous names in wrestling history has just come up" as one of this week's issue's stories.

No shit? I thought Crockett sold all of the rights to Turner back in the day, who in turn sold them to Vince? Or am I wrong?

Speaking of Hunter/Cena. From watching the vignettes this past Monday did it look like they were for a bodybuilding contest instead of a wrestling match. Hell they sent more time talking about what they did in the gym and how they make their bodies look like they do instead of talking about wrestling.

That and Hunter talking bringing in some over pumped up Russian dude (or whatever he was from) for his workouts really made it seem like Vince was trying to bring back the WBF.

Someone at WC just posted the first death April Fool's "joke":

I am extremely sorry to report to everyone Dustin Runnels has been found dead in his motel room at the age of 38.Dustin also known as Goldust and Dustin Rhodes has been found dead Tonight.Sorry everyone that i have to report the news.

Someone at WC just posted the first death April Fool's "joke":

I am extremely sorry to report to everyone Dustin Runnels has been found dead in his motel room at the age of 38.Dustin also known as Goldust and Dustin Rhodes has been found dead Tonight.Sorry everyone that i have to report the news.

I could actually buy that, I wouldn't be shocked at all.