TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/14 - 9/16

INTERCEPTION BY STELTZ!

This LSU DB corps is living up to their billing as "a bunch of pro players killing time in college".

Surprising score of the week: Michigan State working Pitt pretty hard. I did not expect Michigan State to actually beat a team they're evenly matched with, since they always play well against top teams and lousy against everyone else.

HUGE defensive battle in Auburn today...

LSU has held Auburn to negative yards rushing as of the start of the 2nd quarter, which is pretty damn impressive with Kenny Irons in the backfield for Auburn.

Turnover helps Michigan to another TD, up 20-7.

This would make my year to topple the fuckin' Domers

That and a Nebraska upset of USC would help make MY day...

Those combined with an LSU win would put LSU solidly at #2.

To discuss something non-Michigan for once... goddamn are Oregon's uniforms ugly.

I think it's a scare-tactic they use against their competition...

It also makes it easier for the QB to spot his own guys, because few other schools will wear uniforms that fucking ugly.

Are the classic block style uniforms so passe that teams have to make the funkiest outrageous-est awfulest expiremental abortions of uniforms?

to be fair, I'm referring to much more than Oregon there, though Oregon is the front-running offender

Mike Belotti is a total moron. WHY ON EARTH would you put in Brady Leaf when Dennis Dixon is owning Oklahoma's defense? Oregon deserves to lose for having that tool as their head coach.

Does either team want to win this game!?

After screwing up horribly with Leaf and then a muffed punt OU has a first and goal inside the 5! THREE FUCKING STRAIGHT PENALTIES later and they're kicking a field goal!

This makes at least 14 straight quarters where LSU has not given up a TD, going back to the win over Miami in the Peach Bowl, 41-3.

It may be longer, depending on the scoring of last year's Arkansas game.

Do you think any teams facing Auburn or LSU this season are watching this game and going "oh yeah, we can beat these guys."

I doubt it.

If these guys are both stopping 40 point-a-game offenses, then Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and others have got to be nervous.

After all the penalties, after all the shitty defense, after all the inept offense OU is only down by a touchdown in such a hostile environment!?

You have to capitalize on this OU!

In I-AA news...

Penn upset #11 Lafeyette behind RB Joe Sandberg's 166 yards rushing and 2 TD scampers of 1 yard and 36 yards.

Murray State and Indiana State also combined for 99 points, including 42 in the 4th quarter alone. RB Chad Cook had 25 carries for 223 yards and 3 TD for Murray State.