TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
In Credible

TOAO The Wire Season 4 Thread

Nah, I don't smoke.

I've been downloading and I'm through episode 8 already. I can't say enough how amazing this show is.

Do not read this if you aren't at least to episode 8!

I really hope Herc doesn't end up getting Randy into the same situation as Wallace got into in Season 1.

And that kid showing Prez how he figured out the problem, then saying "I'm Audie 5000" was the shit.

Guest guerillagenius

Just saw the season finale and it was awesome, next season is going to be insanely good.

One of my favorite characters doesn't make it, though it makes some of the most emotional scenes ever on The Wire.

Greatest Show Ever.

I saw the entire season, and I could watch it all again.

I can't believe they killed off Bodie

:(

When you think about it though, it had to be done. He went out like a soldier and I was really sad to see him get it, but it's going to get McNulty back into the mix. McNulty is going to fuck up Marlo's shit, there's rules to the game.

Guest Connzilla

For those of you how have seen the later episodes does Cheese appear on anyone of the shows or is Method Man missing from this season?

Cheese is in the last few episodes of the season (which made me happy).

I think the torrents are leaked review copies, so some reviewer must have given them up.

Cheese is in the last few episodes of the season (which made me happy).

I think the torrents are leaked review copies, so some reviewer must have given them up.

Ok then, time to stop visiting this thread until I see them all.

Greatest Show Ever.

I saw the entire season, and I could watch it all again.

I can't believe they killed off Bodie

:(

When you think about it though, it had to be done. He went out like a soldier and I was really sad to see him get it, but it's going to get McNulty back into the mix. McNulty is going to fuck up Marlo's shit, there's rules to the game.

I think Marlo is gonna get taken down, but I have a feeling McNulty might get killed, and that is gonna get the rest of the law enforcement to go all out to shut him down for good. I was hoping Omar lite his ass up in the Card game, but to no avail. I feel sorry for Randy. His life is fucked. Naymond actually lives like 3 blocks from me, he's probably the best actor out of all the kids, but damn he's a bitch. And season 5, I'm really interested in where they go with Michael. I'm thinking he might even snap on Marlo or Chris and Snoop. He seems completely unstable at times.

If anyone wants to talk about the new season I've seen every episode and I must say that it is amazing. Quote me on this Season 5 will be the greatest season in the history of television.

I'm doing a little thing with my avatar and sig, I'm going to be changing it to different characters and putting in quotes from them.

Note: I've already done Freamon.

In the last episode of the season things start going down like they did in season 1. Marlo starts having Chris and Snoop tie down loose ends.

Bodie gets put in lockup after seeing the removal of bodies from the vacants and kicking in the window of a squad car from frustration. McNulty gets him out, Jimmy meets him outside of the lockup and one of Marlo's men spots it.

Lookout tells Marlo and he has Chris and Snoop go take care of him. It's night and Bodie is running his corner, he see's shadows moving up the street and realises what's up. He decides to make a stand and starts firing at the shadows, Poot takes off and Bodie holds his ground very well. He keeps Chris and Snoop at bay when Michael walks up and puts two in his head point blank.

McNulty see's Bodie's death the next day in the reports and chucks the clipboard it's on. The look on his face is definately of vengeance, McNulty is coming back and he's going to seriously fuck up Marlo's shit.

Man, this thread died.

Great season - loved the kids. I really like how they switched up Naymond and Michael, in terms of who you thought they were and who they actually ended up being.

I saw Bubs boy taking that hot shot from a mile away.

Bodie: Felt like they rushed that but McNulty coming back is going to be sweet.

Randy's life is fucked, as is Hercs.

If season 5 is the last season - I can't wait. I love the little montages they set to music at the end of every season. Always gets to me.

Any word on when season 5 starts? Knowing HBO - probably Summer/Fall 2008.

If anybody missed any episodes - the whole 4th season is on HBO on Demand from now until early March.

Love the show. I didn't participate in the thread because I didn't end up seeing the season till I moved and downloaded it. I loved the angle with the kids. And glad they managed to keep guys like Cutty, Bunny, and Prez in the storyline

Season Four is perfectly set up with the combination of the Prop Joe Co-Op vs Marlo and Co w/ Stavros the Greek being involved somehow. They, of course, also have to deal with Team Freamon which will be bomb.

I also look forward to Dook doing some bashful and aw-shucks style slangin' on the corner. He seems like he'd be an intelligent hustler.

That entire season is going to be one giant-ass buildup to Who Gets To Kill Marlo?

I'm not so sure it will be a matter of Who Kills Marlo. The issue is Marlo has come in and changed the game, and thus the ecosystem of their environment in Baltimore. I think season 5 is more about taking down Marlo a la Avon/Stringer methods and returning the game to the way it was. Marlo getting killed may become a large factor, but it doesn't have to be. There are a lot of things to focus on, I'm glad to see McNulty back.

I don't think so. The feeling I get from watching the special features on the season 3 DVD and reading interviews with David Cross is that they wrapped the Barksdale arc in Season 3.

Another key thing to keep in mind for 5 is that the main theme is the media. Not sure how they are going to pull that off but we'll see.

One thing that makes me happy is that they were talking about ending after 5 for a long time - thankfully HBO kept them on the air and now they can go out on their own terms.

absolutely...I really hated how Carnivale just kinda ended with more questions asked then answered.

Hopefully they don't Oz up the ending to this show...LOL @ the Oz ending. How anticlimatic was the Beecher/Schillinger fued ender? Alvarez becomes a druggie answering to the gay Mexican dude? Anthrax outbreak in Oz? Come on HBO, don't fuck it up with Wire!