TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

i don't see the eagles as being as good as some are saying.

You're right. I think they're junk. 7-9 at best.

I'd like to congratulate Slayer on Minnesota's win due to Chris Gamble's incredible idiocy.

It would be nice if I contributed to my team's victory

Actually, it would have been nice to watch my team's victory in the first place

Couple more weeks until I get to my new place and hopefully set up the satelite

I'd like to congratulate Slayer on Minnesota's win due to Chris Gamble's incredible idiocy.

It would be nice if I contributed to my team's victory

Actually, it would have been nice to watch my team's victory in the first place

Oh, if only you'd seen him attempt a shit-tastic lateral on that kickoff return!

David Carr is pretty good as well. Shame the Texans don't have a secondary.

Odd how everyone thought the Texans should have drafted Vince Young because Carr wasn't that good. Guy has four TDs and no interceptions with a completion percentage of 75 in the first two games against pretty good defenses.

Their secondary is horrible. Their defensive line is improving and their linebackers are showing signs, but that secondary is just terrible. I'm shocked they have one turnover from that group cause they don't look like they are developing except maybe backwards.

Dolphins, Bucs, and Panthers --- all 0-2

Panthers are in trouble. They have made it extremely obvious that they have no offense without Smith. So now teams will just double team Smith when he returns and the Panthers will look completely lost. Just like the NFC title game.

Also, Chris Simms threw the ball 53 times. 53 TIMES!

How the HELL do you throw the ball 53 times and end up with 3 points??

God dammit. That's two days in a row that one of my teams has gotten a big lead and fucked it up!

I don't know how I can even watch football this season if this is any indication of what my teams are going to do to me! Fucking shit!

At least the Eagles played well to shut up all the "Well the Giants are just going to walk away with this one!" people.

Hopefully the Eagles will get their shit together. That still pisses me off that McNabb was up there playing around.

Man, LJ Smith fucked up man.

Eagles played a good game for 3 quarters, got lazy in the 4th and Eli stepped up his game.

This game hurts big time, but still being unbiased, I got to admit Eli Manning is really proving himself to be an elite QB.

One of my roommates, wearing his Shockey jersey, went out at halftime, feeling lousy. He walked in the door about 2 seconds before Eli tossed the winner. Dude jumped severely high with glee.

If the Eagles can still whip the Cowboys asses then it'd still make my season just to shut up all the damn Cowboy fans around here.

I'm going to hear it from them tomorrow b/c they all take pleasure in the Eagles pain.

Please don't let this be an indication of football for me this season. I won't make it. I'll die or kill myself or someone else by mid-season.

If the Eagles can still whip the Cowboys asses then it'd still make my season just to shut up all the damn Cowboy fans around here.

I'm going to hear it from them tomorrow b/c they all take pleasure in the Eagles pain.

I'm pretty sure if they start 0-2, then you could hold that one over them.

I'm pretty sure if they start 0-2, then you could hold that one over them.

Yeah that'd be a good one.

"The Eagles gave that one away! They suck! Haha!"

"Yeah well at least we have a win...."

The only thing that will make my day better is the Redskins whooping on the Cowgirls.

Eagles got the San Fran and Green Bay back to back, so hopefully they won't fuck up and end up 3-1 leading to the big showdown in Week 5.

Alex Smith could be a superstar. I did not think he was this good.

Yeah, he looks way better than he did last year. If only he would revert to last year for just this game.

Guest Vitamin X

Banky's right. The Bears are the favorites of the NFC thus far. I think it's hard to argue it. The Cowboys and Redskins aren't nearly as good as everyone thinks, and the Giants can't defend. NFC East is full of 6-9 win teams.

The South is the best division, outside of the Bucs, unless Tampa Bay somehow turns it around. Carolina hasn't impressed much thus far, either. The North, well, it belongs to the Bears, though the Vikings will make a run. West is still the Seahawks' division, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the other 3 give them a scare.

As per the Packer game today, I was really hoping to see some improvement, and there was, but they still gave up way too many yards in the air and that's what will continually keep killing them this year. They haven't found the right rhythm on offense yet, as last week was way too much run, not enough pass, and this week you had Favre with fucking 55 attempts and a very quiet day out of Ahman Green. They were still in it, and I think they should've challenged the Green fumble- to me it looked like his knee was down before the ball came out.

Also, Reggie Bush didn't impress me that much, but neither did Deuce McAllister. I'm tellin ya, Green Bay has a good run defense, but I don't know if it's Nick Collins having a sophomore slump, Ahmad Carroll and Charles Woodson fucking up on coverage, or what have you, but that secondary is looking like the worst in the NFL so far. If Marquand Manuel and Al Harris isn't covering, then it's like throw the ball and you'll have a completion.

But whatever, enough Packer talk. If they win at Detroit this week and maybe start showing some improvement, I can still hope for that 8-8, 9-7 season. I'm not holding my breath, though.

With all the turnover and such we've seen in the offseason, this season just looks like a little bit more of the same that we've seen in past years. Colts get off to a great start, and will probably choke in the playoffs again. Steelers will beat up everyone on the way to the playoffs, Bengals will ooh and aaah everyone with offense until something incredibly unfortunate happens to them.

But hey, I'm thinking we might get an 80's retro Super Bowl this year, cool considering it'll be in Miami. Bears-Bengals.