TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

The rest of the posts were Dama and EHME having simultaneous orgasms about how great the Eagles were playing today. If normal fans had posted these things it would have been isolated, but there were at least 10 posts about "Eagles are TEH awesome!" and Dama proclaiming them 2-0 and the division leader in what must have been the end of the first half/early 3rd quarter. By all accounts the Giants have played like shit and are also 1-1 with the tiebreaker right now. NONE of the NFC East teams are locks to make the playoffs at this point.

With the way the eagles were playing it sure as hell looked over. Then they played with their heads up their asses for the whole 4th quarter.

If they can play like they did for the first three quarters all season then they can win the division or at least easily secure a wild card spot.

I'm not looking for them to make a run to the Super Bowl this year but the division is not out of the question.

How long before Denny Green comes to his senses and starts Matt Leinart? Ever?

Wow how is he playing?

Weren't the scouts down on him? Like really down on him?

He's not playing, but with Warner, they may as well have a statue playing QB. Actually, the statue might make better decisions.

You would think Green would look to the side and realize he needs a QB with some mobility in this situation. Is Matt Leinart on his blackberry txt messaging with Paris again? There's no reason for Kurt to still be playing.

Maybe the Eagles should beat a team better than the Tejans before we proclaim them to be (one of) the favorite(s) in the NFC.

The rest of the posts were Dama and EHME having simultaneous orgasms about how great the Eagles were playing today. If normal fans had posted these things it would have been isolated, but there were at least 10 posts about "Eagles are TEH awesome!" and Dama proclaiming them 2-0 and the division leader in what must have been the end of the first half/early 3rd quarter. By all accounts the Giants have played like shit and are also 1-1 with the tiebreaker right now. NONE of the NFC East teams are locks to make the playoffs at this point.

Whatever, I am not here to make excuses, if you go over my posts when the Giants were making a comeback you would've saw that I was being unbiased. Giants showed up when they needed to, and Eli Manning showed up to play when they most needed him, and is proving to be a great young QB.

But the fact remains the Eagles outplayed for pretty much all of the game, and stupid play calling from Andy Reid, and costly mistakes from both sides of the football in the clutch time hurt the team. Your right, no NFC East team is a locked right now, but if the Eagles wouldn't have played lazy football in the clutch time and dug out the win, they would've been considered a favorite to be the top team in the NFC, and to think otherwise isn't smart thinking.

Holy shit. Vince Young threw a TD? He's playing better than Collins? He's got the most rushing yards on the team right now in this game?

Awesome!

*looks at overall score*

Not so awesome.

Holy shit. Vince Young threw a TD? He's playing better than Collins? He's got the most rushing yards on the team right now in this game?

Not so much a good performance by Young as a horrendously shitty performance by Collins.

VY's final line: 7/19, 106 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 24 yards rushing. Collins was 6/19 for 57 yards and 2 picks.

2-0 For Seattle...Still not satisfied about being 2-0

I'm glad they won, but it seems like they are just getting off to a slow start. Better game then last for the offense but there were a lot of gimmies. Defenese looked great besides a few shoulda-been picks. The Giants will be the test next week.

I liked Branch's performance today, and the defence looks awesome. I mean a few picks could have happened, but I'm all happy for knockdowns and such.

Guest Felonies!

Those were the first points San Diego has given up all year.

Which ties them for 2nd so far in points allowed, (tied with Bears) and behind Baltimore (6 points allowed).

Strange, because I always think of the Chargers as an offensive machine, not so much the other side of things.

There is no way Dallas should lose this game tonight with Shawn Springs and Clinton Portis out for the Redskins.

However, I'm betting on Drew Bledsoe finding a way to do just that.