TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

The Amazing Race: 10 Edition

nav_main.jpg

Bilal & Sa'eed GONE~!, show #1, 1st elimination

These best friends have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith. While Bilal is energetic and outgoing, Sa'eed is quiet and passive. Their vastly different temperaments will be fun to watch as they attempt to navigate over 40,000 miles in under 30 days.
David & Mary Saved by Non-Elimination round, show #5; Saved by Non-Elimination round, show #7; GONE~!, show #8, 7th elimination

David & Mary are married parents who met while working at McDonald's 10 years ago. Although David did some traveling while he was in the Army, Mary can count on one hand the number of times she's been on a plane. This hard working couple is eager to expand their horizons and see the world together.

Duke & Lauren GONE~!, show #3, 4th elimination

When Lauren told her family that she was gay, her father Duke didn't react well to the news and the two were estranged for several years. Now they are working on rebuilding their relationship and hope that the Race will help them recapture the closeness they once shared.
Dustin & Kandice Saved by Non-Elimination round, show #10; GONE~!, show #11, 9th elimination

Dustin & Kandice met while rooming together at the Miss America pageant. Rivals at first, they quickly became friends and have been inseparable ever since. Kandice is wild and impulsive, while Dustin is religious and more conservative. Their shared trait is that they are both intense competitors who thrive on winning.

Erwin & Godwin GONE~!, show #9, 8th elimination

These overachieving, super competitive brothers say they are ready for the adventure of a lifetime. Godwin has grown up in the shadow of his Harvard-educated brother and is eager to show Erwin and the rest of his family that he has what it takes to win THE AMAZING RACE. This Team's love for traveling the world and competing is infectious.
Kellie & Jamie GONE~!, show #2, 3rd elimination

Don't let their Southern drawls fool you. These former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad are highly competitive and just might have what it takes to be the first female Team to win THE AMAZING RACE.

Lyn & Karlyn 3rd Place in TAR: 10

Lyn & Karlyn are two mothers from Alabama who have known each other since the ninth grade. Although they have limited traveling experience, the best friends are hoping that their resourcefulness and wit will make them the Team to beat.
Peter & Sarah GONE~!, show #6, 6th elimination

Peter and Sarah are both Iron Man competitors who have a long history of teamwork. Sarah recently became the first female with an artificial leg to complete the Hawaii Iron Man Triathlon. Peter works as a clinical prosthetist and travels the country speaking to amputees and consulting for prosthetic legs. Both are out to win and eager to show the world that a disability will not stop them from reaching their goals.

Rob & Kimberly 2nd Place in TAR: 10

Rob & Kimberly met while bartending and have been dating for the last two years. Their relationship has experienced some rocky moments, yet they recently decided to take a leap and move in together. They are both looking to the Race to test the strength of their relationship and prove to them that they are meant to be together.
Tom & Terry GONE~!, show #4, 5th elimination

This feisty, fun-loving couple has been together for over two years. Their playful nitpicking is constant, but it always ends in shared laughter. Tom & Terry are hoping the Race will prove to them they have what it takes to stay together.

Tyler & James <-- check out the dude giving the Randy Orton smirk. Douche. Winners of TAR: 10

Tyler & James are not your typical "pretty boys"; they've both had their share of hard knocks. After losing track of each other several years ago, they reconnected after going through rehab and have been best friends ever since. They're hoping their newfound lease on life will help carry them around the globe and across the finish line.
Vipul & Arti GONE~!, show #1, 2nd elimination

Vipul & Arti are the first Indian-American Team to run the Race. Both speak several languages and are well-traveled. Vipul admits to being a bit overzealous, while Arti takes great pride in her ability to reign in his emotions and focus him in on his strengths--a skill she will undoubtedly be forced to call upon while racing around the world.

As far as I can tell...

Strong Teams

Vipul & Arti

Peter & Sarah

Weak Teams

David & Mary

Duke & Lauren

Entertaining Teams

Bilal & Sa'eed

Edwin & Godwin

Annoying Teams

Lyn & Karlyn

Tyler & James (uh, rehab for what exactly?)

No obligatory elderly couple this time around, which is nice to see.

This is the first season I'm going to be watching from the beginning, so I'm really anxious for the 17th to arrive. I love the show, but for whatever reason, have never been able to watch a season premiere and ended up playing catchup for the rest of the show's duration.

Rob and Kimberly are going to be the Adam and Rebecca of this season. I can feel it.

I wonder when they are going to do an All-Star edition? They certainly have plenty of good teams to choose from.

Damn, that was brutal. To be eliminated by a matter of seconds at a non pit stop has got to be one of the worst exits I've seen on this show.

Yeesh. At this rate, the other ten teams are going to get up that wall before Lyn and Karlyn.

Edit: Well, I definitely don't have any talent at picking strong teams.

Man, we need to being Rudo back to comment on this show.

I was really looking forward to seeing Bilal and Sa'eed physically stop what they were doing to pray. I thought it was a cool thing where a team that calls themselves religious actually doing something to respect that religion in a reality competition.

I had Vipul and Arti down as finishing eleventh, mostly because they had giant backpacks. For the record, I predicted:

12 - David and Mary

11 - Vipul and Arti

10 - Lyn and Karlyn

9 - Bilal and Sa'eed

8 - Kellie and Jamie

7 - Duke and Lauren

6 - Dustin and Kandice

5 - Peter and Sarah

4 - Tyler and James

Final Three:

Erwin and Godwin

Rob and Kimberly

Tom and Terry

Winners:

Erwin and Godwin

I wonder when they are going to do an All-Star edition? They certainly have plenty of good teams to choose from.

Maybe Rob and Amber aren't available or something.

Rob and Kimberly look to already be on the verge of self-destructing. They don't look like they've got what it takes to makes the finals at the moment. Erwin and Goodwin can make up the ground as they've just had some bad luck at the moment. If they hit their stride they can keep up. I'd pick Tyler and James to take the whole thing if I was pressed right now.

I like that they're going from east to west, instead of west to east like they usually do.

Rob and Kimberly are the only team to really bug me so far, although Lyn and Karlyn came close.

Someone needs to tell Peter that Sarah doesn't seem the type to need that type of "encouraging" shit. On a related note, I really hope Sarah /= Charla in terms of saying she wants to prove she can overcome a disability, and then take advantage of said disability to get special treatment throughout the entire race.

Was it wrong of me to wonder when the first "Bilal and Sa'eed get detained at the airport" scene was coming?

I agree with Curry, Tyler and James look like the favourites. When in doubt, take the young white guys. I hope someone can prove me wrong this season, though.

We do need Rudo back, just to breathe some life into this thread.

Mongolia looks a lot more interesting than I figured it would. I laughed when they opened the clue and it said, "You are headed for Outer Mongolia." Very nice-sounding destination. Next stop, Siberia. Then maybe Afghanistan.

Peter is a dick and must be stopped.

Laughed again when Mary said, "Ah've never met any gay people before...*pause*...and ah LIKE 'em!"

Oh, and FLAMING ARROWS~!

The flaming arrows were cool, but goddamnit, STOP CRYING.

Rob and Kimberly are not the new Adam and Rebecca; they're the new Zach and Flo.

How Peter hasn't gotten that fake foot shoved up his ass yet, I don't know.

Rob and Kimberly are not the new Adam and Rebecca; they're the new Zach and Flo.

No, they're simply the latest in a long line of FOAD teams.

How Peter hasn't gotten that fake foot shoved up his ass yet, I don't know.

Easy. Sarah cries over just about anything.

The Beauty Queens have been the most pleasent surprise of the race so far, not shying away from the grittier tasks if it means getting ahead time-wise. Them being smoking hot doesn't hurt either.

I liked Peter and Sara in the first episode but now the crying and zen-like calmness the two bring to the table is fucking annoying.

Team Zoolander taking the whole shebang was only reinforced last night as they're really the only team that is getting their entire backstory pre-race told to the audience.

I'm pulling for the beauty queens (yes, that way too). They could/should have been in 1st last night had they not lost that 1 helmet.

Well, if you're pulling for them THAT way, then wouldn't their inability to hang onto a helmet be a bad thing?

Duke and Lauren couldn't have found a worse "guide" if they tried. I hated that elimination.

Don't know what they were thinking. When the woman said "wait, I have to get my luggage", that should've been a sign that perhaps she wasn't the best guide for them. Of course, it ended up not making a difference at that point, so whatever.

Erwin and Godwin - Karma smiled down upon the brothers, as they stopped to pay their respects in the prison, and finished first.

David and Mary as seriously polarizing. I hate the bickering, but I like how they appreciate everything they're seeing and doing.

On the other hand, I hate Douche#3 and Kimberly.

Rob and Kimberly are going to go down as one of my more hated couples in AmRace history. I don't mind Sara but holy fuck Peter is a creep.

Didn't really care for the episode, too much all-around stupidity. Based on last night, my final four would go

DoucheBitch (Rob and Kim)

Erwin and Godwin

The Dudes

Peter and Sara

Yeah, last night's entry was pretty disappointing. None of the challenges of even the locales were all that exciting. It was pretty funny watching the teams try and figure out how to row a boat, though.

Peter's a complete asshole. What makes him think that a woman with a busted prosthetic leg is better suited to all these challenges?

I found the ocean views to be quite beautiful but that was pretty much the only saving grace of the episode. Peter telling Sara to do it because "she has strong arms" was hilarious. I see those two self-destructing before long. Hell, David and Mary might just have a shot based on the fact that their arguments are petty and last about 2 seconds.

Hell, David and Mary might just have a shot based on the fact that their arguments are petty and last about 2 seconds.

I think that's the kind of bickering that comes from years of marriage. They're both fairly open-minded people, really.

Peter and Sarah will self-destruct during this Race. Rob and Kimberly, probably not, because they're both unlikeable and deserve each other.