TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Princess Leena

I have enough busted MadCatz shit controllers to know about that. Rawr.

On Monday there's 4 new VC releases.

Donkey Kong Jr. for the NES, Victory Run for the TurboGrafx 16, and Ristar and Columns for the Sega Genesis.

Meanwhile, Japan has already gotten DKC, Castlevania IV, Link to the Past and Super Mario World available at launch *plus* all the ones we got on VC originally.

Ghey.

My Wii froze tonight while I was playing Wii golf...has anyone else had any freezing?

Not as of yet.

I ran into a nifty bug with the nunchuk though. A couple times yesterday, my analog stick direction input got "stuck" even though actual controller stick did not. Had to reconnect the nunchuk to the remote to fix it. I think it may have had something to do with me moving the stick in a certain direction, and then moving the remote well off the screen. At least, thats what seemed like triggered it both times.

When you turned on the system you probably had the stick tilted in some direction, and that was set as the "neutral" position.

This happens on every current system that has an analog stick.

I remember when this happened with my N64 and I thought it was broken.

My Wii froze tonight while I was playing Wii golf...has anyone else had any freezing?

Not as of yet.

I ran into a nifty bug with the nunchuk though. A couple times yesterday, my analog stick direction input got "stuck" even though actual controller stick did not. Had to reconnect the nunchuk to the remote to fix it. I think it may have had something to do with me moving the stick in a certain direction, and then moving the remote well off the screen. At least, thats what seemed like triggered it both times.

When you turned on the system you probably had the stick tilted in some direction, and that was set as the "neutral" position.

This happens on every current system that has an analog stick.

It happened during the course of the game. I think if you move the remote completely off screen to where it stops registering the remote as being there, and then move it back into the proper position while having the analog stick pointed in a certain direction, it's the same thing as if you turned on the system with the stick being pointed in a certain direction. Luckily all you need to do is reconnect the nunchuk and it fixes it up.

On Monday there's 4 new VC releases.

Donkey Kong Jr. for the NES, Victory Run for the TurboGrafx 16, and Ristar and Columns for the Sega Genesis.

Meanwhile, Japan has already gotten DKC, Castlevania IV, Link to the Past and Super Mario World available at launch *plus* all the ones we got on VC originally.

Ghey.

Blame Reggie. He wants to hold off on the big VC games so that he can release them in months when there's no big Wii game coming out.

I just noticed that Wii comes out today in Japan. It will be interesting to see how this one does over there. I think there's a misconception that Nintendo is more popular in Japan than in North America, while the truth is that Gamecube sold three times more here than it did in Japan.

Anya you have Pit Fighter don't you?

For SNES and the version on Midway's Arcade Treasures 2.

so that he can release them in months when there's no big Wii game coming out.

There are no big Wii games coming out for a while as it is, though...

I just noticed that Wii comes out today in Japan. It will be interesting to see how this one does over there. I think there's a misconception that Nintendo is more popular in Japan than in North America, while the truth is that Gamecube sold three times more here than it did in Japan.

Well it looks like Nintendo managed to get 400,000 supplied in Japan and they all sold out.

I successfully updated the system and stuff. Interesting thing to note though...on the Wii Shop channel, a description appears saying how you can purchase your Virtual Console games and "new channels".....hmmm...

What kind of system update was needed? Is there a website that's detailing whenever you need to download firmware stuff (assuming firmware updates are what you're talking about)?

Anya you have Pit Fighter don't you?

For SNES and the version on Midway's Arcade Treasures 2.

I knew it!.....I have that one too.....sad, sad, times.

Anyway it looks like I have to buy a wireless router so I can connect to the Wii internet. Myself and Nintendo tried just about everything to try and get the USB connector to work and nothing worked at all. So if I want to connect to the internet with my Wii, I have to go out and buy one.....which bites. Hopefully I can get a refund in store credit on the USB connector.

I also rented Trama center today....the game just sorta throws you into surgery. Right now I'm suppoes to remove a tumor but my patient died on me...that bastard.

I successfully updated the system and stuff. Interesting thing to note though...on the Wii Shop channel, a description appears saying how you can purchase your Virtual Console games and "new channels".....hmmm...

What kind of system update was needed? Is there a website that's detailing whenever you need to download firmware stuff (assuming firmware updates are what you're talking about)?

Well, what gets updated in the system is the firmwire. I think somewhere in the system settings is a Version number or something. Anyways, when I initially got the system, it updated twice. From what I have been reading, the updates were..

-To allow Parental Controls to be used on Wii Shop points (limiting the points and stuff like that)

-Transferring saves onto an SD card..that was a feature added on an update.

-Before I connected to Wii Shop for the first time, it updated.

Today, I decided to connect online at a friend's house to show them how Wii Shop works, and some code came up, and it prompted me to update..not sure if I need to....

Well it looks like Nintendo managed to get 400,000 supplied in Japan and they all sold out.

I still think the Wii is going to sell more than the PS3 in the long run.

It's not selling that many a day. That's so misleading! It sold a million for the US and Japanese launches combined. They're just averaging it by day to make it sound more impressive. Lame.

There's a lot of ways it could go for worldwide #1. By 2008 every region could be different. PS3 will probably take Europe, but America and Japan could go either way for Wii/PS3. I could see Japan for Wii, PS3 with EUR and all 3 very close for US. With last gen PS2 had such a massive headstart no one else ever had any kind of chance. This time it will take a while for Sony to catch up. Could be like 16 bit era where things actually change as the years go on.

Guest Smues

I heard that Bestbuy and ToysRUs would have them today, so I decided to give it a try. They both open at 10 so I figured I'd go out around 8:30. I got to ToysRus around 8:45 and saw a somewhat small line outside and figured they'd already given out tickets and some people had left. But I had to be sure so I got out of my car and went to get in line and noticed the manager lady talking to people in the line. I heard her say "if you have a ticket you're guarenteed one until 1pm" and thought fuck she did give them out already. And I found out they open at 9, not 10. Fuck. But wait! She's actually in the process of giving the tickets out, so now we play the "does she have enough" game. She looks at the line to see how many are left, looks at the tickets in her hands and says "Ooo I think I'm going to be able to make everybody happy!" and quickly goes down the line giving out tickets. Gets to me and I get the 2nd to last one. She sees someone just getting out of their car and yells to her "hurry hurry I've got one left!" so that girl slides over quickly and gets the last Wii ticket. And quickly after more people showed up and were told the Wiis were gone. So I (and the girl who showed up right after me) were incredibly lucky and showed up just in time for the last tickets. The store opened and I got my wii. They didn't have any accesseries but I'd already bought everything but an extra nunchuk before so now I'm good to go. Will post Wii # in that thread once I get one.

Each region having a unique pecking order has been discussed before, but it does seem to be getting to be a more realistic possibility.

Wii is less than a week away for Europe, and oddly enough they're getting Elebits and Opera day one (according to GameFAQs).

Meanwhile, PS3 is still months away in Europe, and even longer before most people will be able to find and buy one. 360 is already established fairly well there, too.

got to target at around 5 am since they opened at 8, i was the first one there. At around 530 about 10 more people showed up so I decided to get out of the car with my girl. Everybody in line was super cool and the guy instead of giving numbers he took our names out and remembered each face. When the store opened everybody went in a line except these two jackasses that got there like at 7:55 they thought they where slick and got to the begining of the line only to be shot down by the dude who happened to be the cashier. I got the Wii, Zelda and the wii points card, no other accesories but i was happy as hell.

So is it going to be this constant "get your ticket and wait in line behind 50 people" shit for the rest of the year? I asked my mom to get me a Wii for Christmas but she refuses to believe that she'll be able to get one.

Oh Anya, your constant state of denial never ceases to amuse me. :)

It's denial to not count out the market leader's next gen machine very early after launch?

Guest Princess Leena
So is it going to be this constant "get your ticket and wait in line behind 50 people" shit for the rest of the year? I asked my mom to get me a Wii for Christmas but she refuses to believe that she'll be able to get one.

Probably.

Every store here was still crazy with lines all throughout the morning, today. Stores aren't helping either... as it looks like Best Buy is now saving all the Wiis until the 17th.

I'm going to try Walmarts on Wednesday, and when I fail again, I'm just waiting until after Christmas.

According to nexgenwars, they'e saying that 1.1 million Wii's have been sold. Is that number worldwide?

Toys'R'Us was crazy busy this morning. Tey handed ut tickets at 6 in the morning, and it looked like there were still around 50 people right before it opened. stood no chance.

According to nexgenwars, they'e saying that 1.1 million Wii's have been sold. Is that number worldwide?

We stand at 600,000-ish US, 400,000 Japan.

Yeah, if Nintendo would have made their 1 million North America goal, we'd be probably hearing about it right now.