TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Wading through the slow-ass intro now. This'll be my 3rd time replaying the beginning levels due to my plays at Gamestop.

The game looks much better on SDTV.

Alright, I've been playing for about an hour and a half or so, and I am 7 stars in. All I can say is wow, I'm officially addicted to Mario once again. :lol:

guys, I can't stop playing this game with a huge grin on my fucking face. I feel the way I did when I first turned on my N64 and a 3D Mario face popped out at me. Totally awesome.

I got it this morning, and I played it all day. Nine hours. 35 Stars. At least I stopped to eat. Otherwise, I couldn't put it down. Also, I was able to try out Co-Star mode with a couple of people, and it's plenty fun without breaking the game by making it too easy. Speaking of easy, I'm glad some parts of this are legitimately challenging.

Played about 3 1/2 hours so far, 16 stars unlocked. Great game, and feels a lot like Mario 64 + Sunshine, minus Sunshine's annoying bits, and turned on its head with the little planet courses.

Sweet Sweet Galaxy seems like a long-lost Sunshine obstacle course level, and the game looks fantastic. I hate, hate, hated Ray Surfing for a bit (there's not much of a tutorial, there, just "yeah, tilt it to the left/right...") until it just clicked, and now I like that too.

When I got to the Super Monkey Ball looking level, I thought for sure I'd be frustrated--but surprisingly I sailed through it, albeit without many coins.

The bosses have been pretty easy so far, and I'm aching for something as grand in scale and up-close as the Mario 64 Bowser fights, but I haven't seen 'em yet, so we'll see.

I'm curious if, come end of this year, "the" GotY is going to involve a floating arm shooting people in the face for 6 hours, but I honestly don't care one way or the other.

As you may have heard, Toys R Us had issues getting the game in. I still don't have it.

]

I had no issues, there was a small line of which I was #1 (yay). The woman behind me was getting it and SD vs Raw with the $25 GC. The guy even gave me a preorder coin AND a $10 controller glove to go with the $25 GC even though I hadn't preordered.

I dont know how TRU can do this deal..$35 worth of bonus stuff for a $50 game that was going to sell well regardless. I guess the controller gloves are deemed worthless now since all the remotes will come with them..but still..

Haven't played it yet but Im looking forward to when I can. and I've still got a $30 giftcard to Gamecrazy now..darn

Unlocked 3rd dome and had my first Bowser fight.

Was glad to hear the Mario 64 Bowser level music, and the fight was a blast, though I'm itching for some giant swinging.

I thought I read somewhere that extra marios don't persist through saved games?

Edit: Isn't it funny how natural is says to say extra marios, but like, extra crash's (crash bandicoot) doesn't work, and extra sonics does work, but not as well?

They don't, no. But on every occasion since the postman Toad showed up, he's had five 1-Up Mushrooms waiting for me whenever I returned to the game.

I did at first too. Remember that *holding* the wiimote tilted is unnecessary, because you'll keep trying to steer left/right and lose control. Quick tilts, holding slightly longer for a sharper turn, is key. Also, don't tilt too far, because then it kind of messes you up when you're trying to right it.

I so can't wait untill Friday so I can own this game.

On another topic, I wish Nintendo would take requests on what games should be released on the VC. Cause if they did, I'd really like Hauting, Skitchin' and Mega-Lo-Mania.

I have a question about the Wii that may or may not have been answered. With the classic controller can you play the games with the d-pad and buttons rather then doing the motion sensor stuff. Or do you pretty much have to tilt the controller still and all that stuff. I just wanted to know because I'm going to buy my gf one in a few months, and was wondering if I'd actually enjoy playing it or not.

I have a question about the Wii that may or may not have been answered. With the classic controller can you play the games with the d-pad and buttons rather then doing the motion sensor stuff. Or do you pretty much have to tilt the controller still and all that stuff. I just wanted to know because I'm going to buy my gf one in a few months, and was wondering if I'd actually enjoy playing it or not.

No, you can't use the classic controller to play Wii games, and yes, you will enjoy playing it.

You can use the classic controller on a few Wii games, but not many.

And get over the motion controls. Once you actually get into a game using it, you're likely to be converted. I already wish I could use the Wii controls on different 360 games and the such.

SmackDown vs Raw 2008, which almost no one is caring about, has it's own thread, but Mario Galaxy does not. Noted.

SD vs Raw is multiplatform AND this is still a supposed wrestling forum.

I still think Mario Galaxy flew in under the radar because it was overshadowed by SSBB coming out a month later..except now thats been pushed back and MG is getting such rave reviews. I think up until recently when reviews were out and demos were available, people sorta though MG was a dumb idea/concept.

Funny thing in Galaxy.

I have rescued Luigi recently, and gotten the 3 stars that you can get by finding him.

Well, I went to my Wii menu...and I got mail from "Mailtoad"

Letters about Luigi going missing, as well as thanks for saving Luigi.

Just thought it was cute.

SmackDown vs Raw 2008, which almost no one is caring about, has it's own thread, but Mario Galaxy does not. Noted.

SD vs Raw is multiplatform AND this is still a supposed wrestling forum.

I still think Mario Galaxy flew in under the radar because it was overshadowed by SSBB coming out a month later..except now thats been pushed back and MG is getting such rave reviews. I think up until recently when reviews were out and demos were available, people sorta though MG was a dumb idea/concept.

As an 80s kid, that makes me all very sad... a Mario game flying under the radar and people doubting his greatness. Blasphemous.

As an 80s kid, that makes me all very sad... a Mario game flying under the radar and people doubting his greatness. Blasphemous.

3 words...

Super. Mario. Sunshine.

4 more.

Was. An. Excellent. Game.

On that note, I don't even own Mario Galaxy because I got too hyped for the now delayed Smash Brothers and forgot the release date, so I'm just waiting for some disposable income and it's Mario, Fire Pro, and possibly more time. So, yeah, what Marv said may sadden me, but it's probably true.

Galaxy is so immersive that it's been really hard to play anything else right now. I haven't gotten far in Zack & Wiki, haven't finished Metroid... I WANT to, but damnit, I just wanna feed hungry Lumas!

and Andrew/Venk: agreed. Sorta makes you feel like nobody can ever be happy with something great. If a game doesn't try to move in a different direction it's called stagnant and played out; the second a series tries to do something new, bitches around the globe whine about how it doesn't feel the 'same' anymore. I hate people.

But love Sunshine!

TRUs 3 for 2 deal starts sunday.

As if I need more games right now, with the $25 GC it would work out to 4 Brand new games for $125 including Mario Galaxy if I go ahead, and I still need to use the $30 GC to gamecrazy, which really looks like its going towards the Zapper.

On my radar for the 3 for 2 deal :

SD vs RAW

RE: UC

Tomb Raider Anniversary?

"Wii Play"

or

Guitar Hero 3, which would add $40 to the $125, but still...

Adscan

PLUS theres a $10 GC! HOLY CRAP! $115 for 4 $50 games!

The $10 gc pretty much settles it that Im going to get Guitar Hero ($90) + SD vs Raw ($50) + RE: UC ($0) - $25 GC = $115 + tax + $10 GC and $165 total for those games and Mario.