TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

The gift-giving feature is now available for Virtual Console.

By sheer coincidence, today is UTBroward's birthday... ;)

Now would be a good time to visit the Wii Numbers thread, if there's anyone on your list.

them being stupid enough to think you actually have to run on that treadmill enough to pay off the money you owe, when the game hints to you aggressively that there's another way.

Wait, seriously?? People actually tried to earn the money that way? Is it even possible to run long enough to get the money you need?

I think I'm going to sue Nintendo for Emotional Distress due to the lack of Wiis. The number of people that have shouted and balled at me, claiming I've ruined little Billy's Christmas, because we don't have Wiis in stock, has finally taken its toll.

Either Nintendo coughs up some money, or I'm going to the Press!

If only...

I think I'm going to sue Nintendo for Emotional Distress due to the lack of Wiis. The number of people that have shouted and balled at me, claiming I've ruined little Billy's Christmas, because we don't have Wiis in stock, has finally taken its toll.

If only...

I'll gladly support that cause. It got to me more last year (due to DS Lites being unavailable too) but this year it's bouncing off me more.

If only...

I'll gladly support that cause. It got to me more last year (due to DS Lites being unavailable too) but this year it's bouncing off me more.

Actually, yes, we're out of stock of DS Lites too - yes even the pink ones, for some reason they'll always follow up the 'I know this is a silly thing to ask, but... do you have any DS Lites' with 'What, not even Pink Ones?' as if I'm hiding them up my arse or something.

Infact, we have very little Nintendo in stock at all.

Wii - no

Remotes - no

DS Lites - no

Super Mario Galaxy - no

Tell them that eBay has plenty for sale.

Actually, we use that one on the rare occasion we DO have them in stock and people aren't too keen on spending the money on the pre arranged bundles that arrive from Head Office.

Wii

Mario & Sonic At Olympics

Mario Party 8

Rayman 2

- £289

or Wii from Ebay

- £300

Half of the people after Wiis now just want to sell them on.

them being stupid enough to think you actually have to run on that treadmill enough to pay off the money you owe, when the game hints to you aggressively that there's another way.

Wait, seriously?? People actually tried to earn the money that way? Is it even possible to run long enough to get the money you need?

Yeah, putting something heavy on the d-pad/taping it down.

Yes, I'm not joking. Seriously, there were posters on NeoGAF bitching about that; they're gamers who should have known better.

If only...

Urgh that was such a nightmare last year, I don't think people realise how much demand there is for the Wii. My buddy really can't understand it (a 360 fanboy) and has even used the line, "I can't see why Nintendo aren't captalising on the demand". Like Nintendo said two months ago, "you know what, let's not make any Wiis for xmas. That'll show 'em!"

Chris, do you work in a game or a gamestation?

I was poking aroud with the Mii stuff tonight and I noticed that some people have like animal faces and new hats and what not. Was there a download or something that I missed that gave Mii's new stuff?

If only...

Urgh that was such a nightmare last year, I don't think people realise how much demand there is for the Wii. My buddy really can't understand it (a 360 fanboy) and has even used the line, "I can't see why Nintendo aren't captalising on the demand". Like Nintendo said two months ago, "you know what, let's not make any Wiis for xmas. That'll show 'em!"

Game, though Game have/are taking over Gamestation

Meh, at work when we run out of Wii's, we've been told to suggest the Nintendo DS bundle pack.

"Do you have a Wii?"

"No, but we do have the Legend of Zelda DS Pack..."

"Does it play Wii games..?"

"No, but it's a gold colored DS with Zelda.."

"....."

I get the same thing. I just tell them to call at night to see if we get some for the next morning.

Pink DS seem to also be a huge seller this year.

It is every year.

If only...

Game, though Game have/are taking over Gamestation

Scum :P I used to work for Gamestation but left shortly after the takeover. It seems we've gotten progressivly worse since you guys took over.

What are you guys saying at xmas when you answer the phone? You have enough crap to say during the other months, I dread to think of what it's like at xmas!

Scum :P I used to work for Gamestation but left shortly after the takeover. It seems we've gotten progressivly worse since you guys took over.

What are you guys saying at xmas when you answer the phone? You have enough crap to say during the other months, I dread to think of what it's like at xmas!

Well young chap, we have the power of answering machines now that basically say:

"Thanks for calling, we've got no Wiis, we probably won't have any before Christmas, go to the website, please leave us alone [sound of a gun cocking can be heard]"

==

Just as a matter of interest, I was bored and needed to vent my displeasure and depression regarding working at Christmas and the whole Nintendo thing, so I wrote nintendo an Email:

To: [email protected]

CC: [email protected]

To whom it may concern,

I am an employee of a shop that specializes in Computer Games, which includes Nintendo. I work 40 hours a week at minimum wage (£5.55), I do not get commission for my knowledge of the products I sell. We don't even get a Christmas Bonus.

This year we have worked hard, and pushed hard the awareness, abilities and fun of the Nintendo Wii, informing the customers of the great games it has to offer, the fun it will provide for all the family and most importantly the cheap price it is available at.

We used to like the Nintendo Wii where we worked, it was enjoyed by all, however, lately, we have all became depressed and angry with anything regarding Nintendo Wii (and currently Nintendo DS Lites) due to the stock shortages. We've had threats from customers, abusive and foul language with personal claims that we've ruined their Christmas due to not having any in stock.

Our phones are constantly ringing, and 3 in 4 calls will be regarding either a Nintendo Wii or a Nintendo DS Lite - which we'll rarely have in stock.

Everyone should be able to enjoy Christmas, but personally this year, I , and I know some of my fellow work colleagues, feel worn out and upset at the lack of control we have over the situation and how unpleasant and angry the customers are getting.

At current time the store I work in has:

No Wiis

No Wii Remotes

No Nintendo DS Lites

Limited Stock of top line Nintendo Titles (Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, New Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario 64).

There are days I dread going to work to face the onslaught from the customers asking for your products, it sometimes doesn't feel worth it for the wage I get paid to stand their and take the brunt of the customers anger at not being able to get hold of your products.

I'm not asking for a miracle in that all the stores suddenly receive 400 Wii and DS Lite Consoles, as you'll never be able to provide enough to quinch the thirst. I'm not asking for a medal, I simply thought you'd like to know what pain and stress the average minimum 9-6 Customer Service Assistant has to go through to sell - and for the most part - disappoint/'ruin' Christmas' for many families in the UK for being out of stock of your products this year.

I normally enjoy my job, but I have been close to quitting over the 'Wii Customers'.

Thanks for your time,

Worn out Customer Service Assistant.

I would print that and post it on a bulletin board and laugh at it if I worked at Nintendo. Sorry...I just would.

We get random emails from time to time where I work complaining about how they got screwed because our company makes HD TV's and it didn't look HD when they got home(of course because they have no HD signal). They are always long and articulate. And we always laugh.

Oh, I'm not expecting anything other then a 'lol' reply anyway, I wrote it in jest anyway. Its the same wherever you work, really. In truth, we laugh at those who can't get Wiis - sometimes we even bait the customers into arguing and fighting each other for the last Wiis. Just boredom coming through really.

Is it sad that most of us who work for Game have joined a Facebook group to bitch and make fun of Wii customers? haha

Retail work at Christmas sucks? I had no idea.

I'm glad you're not taking it seriously, because I was thinking the same thing and I felt like an asshole about it.

I say to refuse to sell any Wiis to somebody who isn't going to buy Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, or Metroid Prime 3 like right then and now with the system.

Retail work at Christmas sucks? I had no idea.

I'm glad you're not taking it seriously, because I was thinking the same thing and I felt like an asshole about it.

I say to refuse to sell any Wiis to somebody who isn't going to buy Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, or Metroid Prime 3 like right then and now with the system.

I actually usually enjoy it, time ticks by a lot quicker then the Summer months when its BORING - it really is just the Wii Customers that drive me up the walls.

Most don't even know what they're buying, this is no joke, we've had them called:

Nintendo Willys

Sony Wii Stations

W W 2's

Intendo Wills

Nintendo Double U Eye Eye

Then, when they do get one, they only want Wii Sports, like its the only fucking game in the world they can play on it. However, no where in the world sells Wii just by themselves at Christmas, I know our place has them all boxed up with a few games (Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Mario Party 8 and Rayman 2) already with it for £290. Then they moooooooooooan, seriously, if these people were so desperate to get one, like they make out in the morning when the phone up to check we have them in stock - 7am! - then they'd buy it with whatever we told them to buy it with and thank us with Chocolates and Roses. Ungrateful fuckers.

Some days when we have the remotes in, we'll strongly suggest - short of putting one in their bag and charging them £32.99 - to buy one there and then otherwise they'll be hunting around for an extra remote for two players. However, as usual, the customer knows best. 'No thanks, I won't need one of those'. Week later they're back in the store asking for a Wii Remote, and wonder why they can't get one. They also seem to ignore out suggestion to pre-order any new Wii game as they go out of stock in the 1st week end (Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Zapper, etc).

The answering machine we set up has some gems saved on it, mostly people shouting at us that they're not after Nintendo Wiis.

"Actually, I'm not after a fucking Nintendo Wii, I'm phoning up because my fucking 360 is broke again. So I suggest you pick up the fucking phone before I come around there and throw this bastard off your head." Cracks up us everytime.

Then, when they do get one, they only want Wii Sports, like its the only fucking game in the world they can play on it.

This, right here, is the single biggest problem with the Wii userbase, the single biggest cockblock for a decent flow of quality 3rd party releases, and what I feel is stifling the potential of the system and its future.

It does seem like the controller setup makes the system limited in some ways. Me personally, I love the Wii sports games, and more better quality and in-depth versions of those games would be great. I tried playing Madden on it, and I had no chance. The control scheme was just too much for me. That isn't saying that it won't be easy for others to pick up and play, just my experience.

Shooters like Resident Evil or whatnot would also have a nice advantage with the Wii control setup. I haven;t gotten the chance to see the new Mario game and I have also played, and enjoyed Wario Ware. My experiences are limited though.

It does seem like most people are just infatuated with the Wii Sports game though. Essentially spending 250 or more on just that alone.

It does seem like the controller setup makes the system limited in some ways.

Let's not be vague.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:

-Control schemes for 3rd person titles don't really offer controllable camera, or do so with very unsatisfactory results (using the + pad in RE4, for instance).

-shortage of face buttons means mapping functions to motion controls are often less of a luxury, more of a necessity.

-Doesn't come bundled with a "traditional" controller, must be purchased extra.

-Once you get past the novelty of holding the controller sideways and using it to play NES virtual console games, the d-pad's usefulness seriously comes into question. The best use of it has been using the directions as extra buttons, like when switching gadgets in Twilight Princess.

It does seem like most people are just infatuated with the Wii Sports game though. Essentially spending 250 or more on just that alone.

Plenty of Joneses paid 600 dollars for an iPhone (not to mention whatever the going rate is for whats-their-faces' cell phone contracts), so that in and of itself isn't surprising.

I can't believe TSM isn't raving about Pokemon Snap being on VC.

I have a lot of games to play these days. Gears of War PC just got patched again, so a lot of people who had errors before should be fine. Can't wait to play with them.

I do enjoy my Snap, though.

I can't believe TSM isn't raving about Pokemon Snap being on VC.

Meh, I never "got" Pokemon.

Nintendo 1 Me 0 tbh

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry that you are stressed. All Nintendo products have been so popular this year that they have outstripped the estimates that, even your store, has expected. The timescale for products to be in store is about 8 weeks from the date of the order confirmation. So for products to be available for you to supply to your customers, say, at the end of November, would have to have been ordered at the end of September by your company. If the expected number of sales was underestimated, and this would seem to be the case by everyone, the products would not have been made.

If it is any consolation to you, at the Service Centre here we are answering an average of 2000 telephone calls per day and we are getting an average of 250 emails per day and I can assure you we are getting our fair share of abusive, angry and threatening customers. Having said that we are all doing what we can to ease the situation for very many people. The unfortunate thing is that we can not 'find' any products in the warehouse to ease your situation. There will be more deliveries into the central distribution chain of yours and other companies but I can not confirm when or how many will be on them.

Look on the bright side in as much as that you are selling, when you can, the best games consoles and games ever. A million customers can't be wrong. The availability of other manufacturers platforms in your stores speak volumes for the popularity of Nintendo.

As a final parting comment, I will be here on the telephones, all over the Christmas period including the 25th and 26th!

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Well, that put me in my place.