TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Ok so everything is up and running with the wireless router....thanks for the help guys.

Oh, how do I change the channel of the router? I think it is on the default channel which is 6, where do I change the settings?

It should be under the Wireless Options of your router settings. To get to your router settings, type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser address bar. Username and password should be admin and admin, unless you changed them.

I gave it to my brother for xmas, and he's been playing online for ... forever since he got it. The controls really ARE better than MP3, it's unbelievable!

I gotta say, I picked this up with a gift card, and only paid about $6 for it. I haven't been into shooters like this since the first iteration of Counter-Strike, but damn MOH:H2 is fun. I bounced right into an online game and came in second place - first try! The controls really are intuitive too. I really like being able to control the gun with the Wiimote and move with the nunchuk control stick. I always thought it was so awkward playing these types of games with a PS2 controller and trying to move with the left stick and aim with the right stick.

Either way, for me, good purchase! :)

that is awesome dubq, we should play!

and just so everyone knows.... the new Trauma Center is just plain addicting. I can't stop. I'm at the first challenge level, and I'm ranked around the low 500s=X!

I'm down with that LJ for sure. I also love that MOH doesn't even use friend codes. I'm going to create an ID just for TSM called TSM_dubq or something similar. Anyone else aside from LJ play? Maybe I'll bring this up in the game nights thread..

Don't think so.

Top Hunter, while it did come out before Metal Slug, is not related to 'Slug except that its producer worked on the home ports of Metal Slug X on PS1 and the Slug Anthology.

The main programmers of Top Hunter were King of Fighters folks.

The folks who made the awesome Metal Slug 1-3 games seems to all use aliases in the credits, but don't match up with Top Hunter directly. Since they're all SNK, I think little or no folks worked on both.

Top Hunter's gimmick is the ability to jump into the background and back to the foreground, like some of the Fatal Fury games. I think I played one game of it in my life, in like a New York arcade, but it looks pretty.

Sounds good. I just noticed in screen shorts it was a cartoony character running around on a scrolling screen with a huge gun, so you can see why I would think there was some relation.

Plus it's an SNK game, so yeah I get it.

Since Neo Geo *non-fighters* are generally already obscure, it's often hard to get a reliable opinion on something that's even obscure by those standards.

Question: Is every downloadable game compatible with the wii-mote? I saw Mario Kart 64 listed in the shopping guide, but it only had a picture of the classic controller and the gamecube controller.....does this mean if I download it, I need to buy a classic controller?

Question: Is every downloadable game compatible with the wii-mote? I saw Mario Kart 64 listed in the shopping guide, but it only had a picture of the classic controller and the gamecube controller.....does this mean if I download it, I need to buy a classic controller?

All NES and TG-16 games work with the Wiimote. Some Genesis games work with it. For SNES and N64 games, you'll need either a gamecube controller or classic controller.

A wavebird is pretty much the best overall controller. It works with everything and you'll be able to still use it wirelessly on the Wii (same way on GC, plug the reciever into the gamecube port or ports).

I was never able to beat Bubble Bobble on the NES...

Isn't there, like 99 stages and a boss?

It was an arcade port with finite continues on the home version. I don't think many people actually *beat* it.

The last level of Bubble Bobble was basically impossible. You had to hope for a certain fluke power up to show up in order to have any chance of winning, from what I remember.

You get codes in order to continue in Bubble Bobble.

The last level of Bubble Bobble was basically impossible. You had to hope for a certain fluke power up to show up in order to have any chance of winning, from what I remember.

Yeah, there's this "power up" thing (my brother & I just call it "the fingernail") that always shows up in the last level. You have to get it in order to advance to fight the final boss. And you can't get the "happy" ending (heh) in 1 player - you need to play 2-player to get the "real" ending. If you beat it in 1-player, it tells you to play 2-player to get that ending.

My brother & I have beaten the game a bunch of times in 2-player, but I don't think either of us have played all the way through in 1-player.

All NES and TG-16 games work with the Wiimote. Some Genesis games work with it. For SNES and N64 games, you'll need either a gamecube controller or classic controller.

A wavebird is pretty much the best overall controller. It works with everything and you'll be able to still use it wirelessly on the Wii (same way on GC, plug the reciever into the gamecube port or ports).

For some games, a gamecube controller can feel awkward. For me, most notably Simcity and Contra.

I just leave the Wii mote on a table or the arm of a chair. I just recently got the classic controller and I do have to say it's much handier for snes games. Snes games are almost impossible to get comfortable with with a gamecube controller. It's fine for N64 games though.

You get codes in order to continue in Bubble Bobble.

Yeah, there's this "power up" thing (my brother & I just call it "the fingernail") that always shows up in the last level. You have to get it in order to advance to fight the final boss. And you can't get the "happy" ending (heh) in 1 player - you need to play 2-player to get the "real" ending. If you beat it in 1-player, it tells you to play 2-player to get that ending.

My brother & I have beaten the game a bunch of times in 2-player, but I don't think either of us have played all the way through in 1-player.

My cousin and I managed to beat the game with the good ending a few times, but it was very hard. We had problems with the boss, but yeah, if memory serves, just GETTING to the boss properly required you to get the power-up (which we thought was a potion? A book / Bible? I don't quite remember) from a tight location AND make it to the doorway before the level ended / scrolled away.

Yeah, the d-pad blows. That's the main advantage of the Classic, but I *hate* having that dangling wiimote off it.

I've never understood this complaint. Are you standing up and playing at the same time? Why not just set the remote on the side of your chair or on a table nearby or something??

I haven't untied the cord of the Classic and just have the Wiimote resting in my lap. It's never bothered me in the slightest.

Aren't the japs getting console specific classic controllers? Like one for NES games, one for 64 games etc.

Or did I just make that up?

Aren't the japs getting console specific classic controllers? Like one for NES games, one for 64 games etc.

My gut says that one of the Club Nintendo rewards was a specially shaped (either NES or SNES) Classic Controller, but I can't find the news of it anywhere.

It was also revealed today that the Wii Download channel, in addition to offering DS demos, can offer full DS games.

My gut says that one of the Club Nintendo rewards was a specially shaped (either NES or SNES) Classic Controller, but I can't find the news of it anywhere.

It was also revealed today that the Wii Download channel, in addition to offering DS demos, can offer full DS games.

Yup, it's Club Nintendo only, but Play-Asia apparently is getting their hands on some.

When's this happening? I'm guessing it's a way to get games onto your DS (unless they mean to play it on the Wii) but then how would you save them to your DS?