TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

TRUs 3 for 2 deal starts sunday.

I called the TRU nearest to me two days ago and they said they did the sale a month ago and didn't think they were doing it again. I really hope you're right and that it's at every store, because I'm really looking forward to getting Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center: New Blood, and two more games (Mario and Sonic and SvR?) for $125.

I called the TRU nearest to me two days ago and they said they did the sale a month ago and didn't think they were doing it again. I really hope you're right and that it's at every store, because I'm really looking forward to getting Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center: New Blood, and two more games (Mario and Sonic and SvR?) for $125.

Its not on all games, just Nintendo. Its supposedly to coincide with the fact that on Sunday they'll have more consoles available for soccer moms to line up for..and "hey, if you're lucky to get one, why not buy 3 games for 2..your annoying brat of a kid needs games to play on his new console, right?"..that kills going early Sunday for the best pick of games since Im not fighting soccer moms..

Monday is the 1 year anniversary too...swell...how many people would have believed that people would still be lining up for a Nintendo 1 year later?

Not that Wii needs MORE ports, but I might be interested in playing The House of the Dead 2 and 3 on Wii.

I would love that, actually. Those kinds of "on rails shooter" games are really the only co-op games that my girlfriend and I enjoy to play together. That and Bust a Move Bash. :P

Its not on all games, just Nintendo.

In years past hasn't it been on any video games? If it changed this year, do you mean the deal is only for Wii-exclusive titles?

EDIT: I found this gay little advertisement. It looks like the sale is on any games out for Wii.

wiisale-1.jpg

OK, I'll bite: Marvin, why do you refer to Wii as "Nintendo"? We've already been through all the "W!!" stuff, now why are you so hesitant to call the system by its true name?

Coming soon to Japan, but only for "Club Nintendo" members: A Super Famicom controller attachment.

Sure, this will only be available in Japan and for club members......at first. I have long predicted that Nintendo would release NES, SNES and N64 variants of the classic controller and sell a crapload of them to their hardcore fans. Personally I think the regular classic controller is good enough for SNES games especially, and it works well enough with N64 games, but I'm sure many people would be all over this.

Please stop the generalization of "soccer moms" lining up for the Wii. I work in the gaming section of Best Buy and I can assure you that this stereotype just isn't true. Sure, the soccer mom type does come in looking for it, but guess what else a lot of them want too? It's called the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Well I'm sure most soccer moms buying a PS3 or 360 are buying it for their kids. People make the soccer mom reference about Wii because thats an audience that Nintendo is specifically targeting with their "casual games" approach.

People make the soccer mom reference about the Wii because it's a lazy generalization that makes them feel better about themselves. And lord knows I'd probably want to feel better about myself too, if I felt some execrable compulsion to have such an emotional stake in a particular console in this "war."

Finally got to play Mario Galaxy and I must say... WOW.

I've only played it for about an hour and a half (just done the ray surfing) and I'm dying to play more of it!

Please stop the generalization of "soccer moms" lining up for the Wii. I work in the gaming section of Best Buy and I can assure you that this stereotype just isn't true. Sure, the soccer mom type does come in looking for it, but guess what else a lot of them want too? It's called the Xbox 360 and PS3.

I was at TRU tuesday morning, and I was the only male in the line. The other 5 women in line, 3 of them came in mini vans. Gee whiz..hmm.

OK, I'll bite: Marvin, why do you refer to Wii as "Nintendo"? We've already been through all the "W!!" stuff, now why are you so hesitant to call the system by its true name?

Some people were whiny bitches over me calling it what I was calling it so I went with the standard name so it can't be filtered back to what Im not going to call it. See also: WWF.

I see the W!! Filter has been removed but the one for WW e F hasn't..

Monday is the 1 year anniversary too...swell...how many people would have believed that people would still be lining up for a Nintendo 1 year later?

I'm not sure how many, but I know I'm one of em. I'm one of the only people out of everyone that I know that fully expected and predicted the Wii to be an overwhelming success.

:lol:

I'm reading the SMG thread over at GAF, an I just learned that there is a homing attack i this game. I'm almost 30 stars in, and I haven't known that the entire time.

Downhome, what is this awesome homing attack I seem to have missed? I have no idea and would like to see it :)

also.. why aren't we wii friends?

Downhome, what is this awesome homing attack I seem to have missed? I have no idea and would like to see it :)

also.. why aren't we wii friends?

Jump in the air, then press the Z button and do a spin attack at the same time.

I'll add you to my list right now.

EDIT:

Actually, you jump in the air, do a spin attack, and while you're spinning then press the Z button really quick.

I Got to TRU at 8 am and I was the 65th person in line (they had 80 W!!s) but the first that didn't want a game. The Manager that was handing out tickets tried to give me a ticket and I said I didnt want it and she looked at me wierd and told me I had to have a ticket for a W!!, to which I replied I didnt want one since I was there for the games. Everyone else in the line started looking at me funny as well.

They were allowing people with tickets to go in 1 at a time before the store opened at 9 to buy their console. They should have made them wait to buy games at 9 when the store opened, but no..so ends up the people who got to go in before 9am 1 at a time were allowed pretty choice selection of games which meant by the time I got in there at 9, about 40 people had bought W!!s and at least 3 games (though I saw 1 guy with at least 10 games in his bag).. I had to scramble to find games with the other people ahead of me in line in the same aisle. Didn't get GH3, but I did get SD vs Raw, Tomb Raider (ended up being free since it was $40) and W!! Play for $80 and a $10 giftcard ,and then I used the GC to buy a Nunchuck for the W!!Play controller which ended up costing me $11.

Super Mario Galaxy + W!! Play + SD vs RAW + Tomb Raider + Extra Nunchuck = $140 or so (instead of $210)

Can you just explain why you you refuse to call it "Wii"? I'm not even complaining, so don't get all defensive. I just want to know why.

I was at TRU tuesday morning, and I was the only male in the line. The other 5 women in line, 3 of them came in mini vans. Gee whiz..hmm.

Okay, so you standing in line one morning beats me selling Wii's to large groups of people on the launch and countless relaunch days over the past year. This makes you the expert. Gotcha.

And like I said before, there are plenty of "soccer moms" asking me for Xbox 360s and PS3s too.

I really struggled to let go, but I put down the wiimote enough to take out Galaxy and put back in Zack & Wiki. Almost forgot how far behind I was! Mario honestly made me forget about all the other unfinished games I have stacked here. Anyone have a similar predicament?

I rented Galaxy and got to play it today. I like it, I wanna play more of it but the camera kinda make me a bit dizzy. I used to have a bad problem when it came to motion sickness when it came to video games and Galaxy is kinda triggering it again. I'm sure I'll get used to it once I play the game more but until then I'm only going to be able to play the game in short bits.

I really struggled to let go, but I put down the wiimote enough to take out Galaxy and put back in Zack & Wiki. Almost forgot how far behind I was! Mario honestly made me forget about all the other unfinished games I have stacked here. Anyone have a similar predicament?

Uhh yeah, I still have Excite Truck/Zelda (I restarted it as I hadn't played it in ages and forgot what I was doing)/Paper Mario 64 (VC)/Eledees and RE4 to finish. With Mario in my possesion, thats never going to happen.

I honestly cannot get to the very end of Sweet Sweet. I officially feel awful! awful awful.

And yeah, the music is just.. ahhhh ^_^

I've tried Sweet Sweet Galaxy about 12 times now and I keep getting THIS CLOSE but I just can't finish it either. I'm loving every minute of it though, and yes, the music is great.

EDIT: Beat it, now I'm trying to do Pull Star Path with the speedy comet in orbit. This shit is intense.