TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/01/1...nt-wiimote-and/

A Pennsylvania (I had nothing to do with it) company is filing a lawsuit against Nintendo (and Sony) for apparently violating its patent for a "hand held computer input apparatus and method." On the Nintendo side of things, the report mentioned both the Wiimote and nunchuk, and was filed last month in the US District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Just another day at the office for Nintendo.

Copper Innovations Group is looking to be awarded damages, plus interest and legal fees. They're also seeking an injunction which would permanently prohibit Nintendo, Sony and their agents (third-party manufacturers) from infringing upon the patent in the future. That means, no more Wiimotes and nunchuks. It's a sad future we're hoping we never have to live through.

Head past the break for a picture of the device Copper Innovations Group is saying that Nintendo copied.

patent_nintendo_lawsuit_lg.jpg

What a crock...

Googling this company returns absolutely no results other than stuff in relation to this lawsuit.

"The parasite asks, 'Where is my share?'"

Hooray for vague patent squatting and lawsuits from companies that don't make anything.

My question is, is why did it take over a year for them to sue? I mean, assuming they're in the business, they'd have heard of the Wii before.

This week's Virtual Console releases are Pac-Attack for SNES, and Riot Zone for TG16.

Pac-Attack is a decent little puzzle game. Riot Zone appears to be a beat 'em up where some blond guy who wears a white shirt and jeans and/or a roid freak in a mohawk walks right and punches bad guys, because said bad guys kidnapped blond guy's girlfriend.

I could have sworn I sore somewhere that you could move the channels around on your Wii main menu. Does anyone know if this is possible, as I want to group all of my VC games together.

regarding patent lawsuits of the Wii, here's one that is more interesting, because there's an accompanying video... its an ex-Midway guy who filed patents, and took video of himself demonstrating the patent on a hacked Dreamcast Ready to Rumble 2 - its amusing because he's wearing boxer shorts.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/ex-midw...elf-s/#comments

I know it's been out for a while, but am I the only one that finds Mario Party 8 a nice little diversion? Maybe it's because it's the first Mario Party game I've ever really played for more than five minutes, but I found it fun to play in a group. The board game aspect is kind of neat.

At GameStop, I think we're getting some in this week, but most are going to the people that reserved a system thru us.

On a side note: Harvey Birdman, hilariously fun game.

Am I right to assume that once you've downloaded a Virtual Console game, you can't send it to someone else as a gift? In other words, you have to say it's a gift before you download the game, right?

Yup. Licenses (and games) are non-transferrable.

I know it's been out for a while, but am I the only one that finds Mario Party 8 a nice little diversion? Maybe it's because it's the first Mario Party game I've ever really played for more than five minutes, but I found it fun to play in a group. The board game aspect is kind of neat.

No, I've always loved Mario Party. Me and three friends still play it just about every weekend for several hours at a time.

Has there been any early word on No More Heroes? I love the concept but I'm not sold on the gameplay just yet.

Has there been any early word on No More Heroes? I love the concept but I'm not sold on the gameplay just yet.

I haven't heard anything yet. Doesn't it come out on.. uh, Tuesday??

Hold down the A and B buttons at the same time.

Thanks, my Wii menu looks all nice and tidy now.

I'm pretty pumped for No More Heroes. But I've still got so much shit to finish, like every game I own.

I know, I just got back from Gamestation to find that Ghost Squad, Nights AND Zack and Wiki came out last friday, thats like 100 quids worth of games that I'd quite like to own.

Yeah it sucks ass. I haven't been able to pick up any yet. DK Barrel blast this weekend. Apparently The last Harvest Moon is coming out soon now too.

DS is getting a good load now too. New Advance wars out this weekend. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings & Cooking mama 2 out on the 15/2.(though i haven't played FFXII yet.)

What's the best SFII game on the VC now?

Some people swear by Turbo, but Super SF2 (released today) is the way to go, I'd say....

However, that's if we're just talking VC. Super Turbo is available in various forms for other systems.