TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Heh, yeah, not much variety, but the quality is hard to argue with. According to 1up, not only does M64 look crisper and clearer, but it also can run in 480p when you have the component cables.

I only had to stand in line 3 hours to get mine at a Target that only got 33 on launch day.

If you cant stand in line for 3 hours, its sad. I've stood in line longer to ride a roller coaster (4 hours for Volcano Blast Coaster which only lasts 45 seconds, at Paramount's Kings Dominion which is on Mick Foley's top 10 list in his second book, and even that was better cause at least the line moved ever few minutes and it was warm vs standing in place in the cold outside of Target..)

Guest Princess Leena

I can stand in line. I'm just not wasting the time to do it. Plus, there's some difference with me standing in a line than a strapping lad like you.

I can stand in line. I'm just not wasting the time to do it. Plus, there's some difference with me standing in a line than a strapping lad like you.

There was an at least 70 year old woman who had been in line since midnight at target..if she can stand in the line 8 hours..you could have to.

I 'stood in line' for about 2 hours, Wal-Mart opens at 8 on Sunday, but they let us wait in the McDonalds at around 7 so I only ended up waiting outside for about an hour.

I felt like a big enough loser then, I couldn't imagine spending all night outside.

Ok this may have been brought up already but is or will there be rechargable controllers for the wii like there is for 360?

I doubt it, but as soon as my batteries that were included are run down Im going to use rechargables. Im already down 2 bars on the status thing already which sucks ass horribly. I went ahead and turned the rumble off..I left the speaker on though..

I'm sorry, but standing in line for hours for a system that will be readily available within the next 6 months anyway reeks of retardation.

Zelda is out now.

Is being a smartass something people get off on around here? The point is xbox found a way to do that, nintendo should too. So say this with me Get-a-li-fe ho-ba-g

Well, wiiseeker might not be great but according to it, there should be a shipment hitting all the Seattle-area stores this weekend. Makes sense.

Is being a smartass something people get off on around here? The point is xbox found a way to do that, nintendo should too. So say this with me Get-a-li-fe ho-ba-g

1 4 pack of rechargable batteries $8 = 2000 recharges = longer than the lifespan of the W!!

Why the hell would you want to spend MORE money on the W!! controllers to get rechargable capability thats slightly more convenient just because "X BOX had it..uh..why cant Nintendo do it?".

Waiting in line does suck but if you want to play the games now why wait 6 months? Waiting in line for hours is not the same thing as the 2 day camping.

We all post about video games in a pro wrestling forum, that's not much better then waiting in a line.

Guest Princess Leena

You had to buy the battery pack for the 360 separately, anyway. You can buy any battery charger out for the Wii for $20 or less. There's not much difference.

No...it's stupid...either they have it or they don't. From what I've heard, most people should be able to get one by end of January anyway. Whatever, that's just my opinion. I want to get this thing just as bad as anyone else, but I'll be damned if I did any of that camping out or standing around for hours bullshit (and that's not even a guarantee that you would get it). How stupid is that shit? Wait around for hours/days and end up going home empty handed...I can simply pick up the phone every few days, make some calls and hope for the best.

and I would say TSM has evolved beyond being a prowrestling forum...i haven't considered this a Pro Wrestling forum since 2001. Most of the other regulars would agree.

Smug piece of shiznit arent you there unatic? Cant just give a straight answer can you

Yes....but we like being smartasses and sarcastic.

What is dumb is being 100th in line for a store that's only going to have like 20 PS3s.

I really don't know why it was that hard for everybody to find one. I pre-ordered mine a mont before it came out, walked into an empty Zellers on the 19th, got the Wii and got out. No line, and the store was nearly empty.

Smug piece of shiznit arent you there unatic? Cant just give a straight answer can you

I told you I doubt it. Im sure down the line they'll put out a remote battery pack with a USB adapter to charge it or something but seriously its not worth it when you can go anywhere and get 4 rechargable AA batteries for $8 and they will last longer than the W!! itself, as Im still recharging batteries I bought almost 10 years ago and they work fine.

Guest Princess Leena
I really don't know why it was that hard for everybody to find one. I pre-ordered mine a mont before it came out, walked into an empty Zellers on the 19th, got the Wii and got out. No line, and the store was nearly empty.

I guess it's easier in Canada.

The only places in the US that do pre-orders are game stores, and most of them didn't even honor the preorders anyway. Or, had them at all.

Guest Guerrero81

I can't wait to play Zelda. I've been thinking of going visiting just to see what it's all about. That and Wii sports as well which seems to have exceeded all expectations. I'm happy that it looks like Nintendo is going to reclaim its rightful number one spot in the non portable video game world.

I'm sorry, but standing in line for hours for a system that will be readily available within the next 6 months anyway reeks of retardation.

*Puts on his Retard Cap while he enjoys his Wii*

I guess some people just wanted it more than you.

I'm happy that it looks like Nintendo is going to reclaim its rightful number one spot in the non portable video game world.

I'm scared! I don't think I could take that.

The only thing good coming from that for me is that by 2010 or so Nintendo would no longer be the friend to all gamers, nostalgic underdog good guys just trying to get by against overlord Sony. They would be the evil empire again and Sony or maybe someone new could come in and save us by taking us back to the good old days of 1997-2003.

I'm happy that it looks like Nintendo is going to reclaim its rightful number one spot in the non portable video game world.

I'm scared! I don't think I could take that.

The only thing good coming from that for me is that by 2010 or so Nintendo would no longer be the friend to all gamers, nostalgic underdog good guys just trying to get by against overlord Sony. They would be the evil empire again and Sony or maybe someone new could come in and save us by taking us back to the good old days of 1997-2003.

from the way some people talk about how they hate paying for the oldschool games over and over everytime Nintendo puts out a new medium to play them on, it seems like they aren't very friendly at all.

Personally..I'd be happy if Nintendo at least beats down Microsoft to #3 but even thats not likely..