TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Queen Leelee

So, has anyone picked up Tiger Woods yet?

Many conflicting reviews on the net, and I haven't been able to try it anywhere.

That rumor is months old, but a few game rags with no credibility are claiming exclusives on the news/announcement.

But who can really get excited over a Sega-developed--especially a Sonic Team--game these days, anyway?

One of the news items that has arisen over it is Yuji Naka saying that "if it's being made, I'm not involved in it." Considering he's not a part of Sonic Team at all and is forming his own offshoot company, well, *of course*.

How the heck is NiGHTs obscure? It was the top selling game on the Saturn for crying out loud! You can't say its any more obscure than Virtual Fighter or Streets of Rage where when in fact those games are less popular than NiGHTs was in the day.

EDIT: I mean, it's not like they decided to create sequels to Ecco the Dolphin, Shemnue, or Seaman. Now those are obscure SEGA games, even though I'd love an Ecco sequel on the Wii.

How the heck is NiGHTs obscure? It was the top selling game on the Saturn for crying out loud!

No it wasn't. Virtua Fighter 2 was. NiGHTS didn't really sell well at all in the US despite the large ad campaign for it and in Japan it sold relatively well, but it was still only the 12th best selling Saturn game in that country.

I could have sworn it was the highest selling game on the Saturn. I didn't have any sales figures to check so I shouldn't be too surprised.

I do hope the game ends up being good if it does come out. SEGA needs to redeem itself very soon here before they become a total joke.

SEGA needs to redeem itself very soon here before they become a total joke.

Too late.

The only thing of quality they still produce is the Virtua Fighter series.

And re-releases/compilations of games made when they were still good.

I... really don't know what to say. I'd say it's huge, but SEGA is making it. However, Mr. Miyamoto is supervising, that could make up for it. If done right, it could be one of the biggest games of 2008, since SEGA is still good at making sports game last time I checked.

The best thing about this it pretty much confirms Sonic in SSBB. And no, I don't think it's an April Fool's Joke. That what Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is for.

Guest Queen Leelee

Awesome.

The Mario sports games are usually quite fun.

Bring 'em on. The Wii controls should shine most with sports titles.

In future VC disappointment news, VC ratings have popped up on the ESRB site for the SNES' versions of Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Final Fight.

Of course, there are much better, more recent versions of Street Fighter 2 available. Plus the GBA has a solid version of Final Fight already. But if you want a lame, watered down Final Fight with a missing stage, missing playable character, and no 2 player mode for nostalgia's sake, you should be satisfied.

Or you could just pick up Capcom Classics Collection, which has the arcade version of Final Fight plus the arcade version of Street Fighter Turbo. And/or Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, which has SF3 Third Strike and Hyper SF2.

A Resident Evil 4 port is apparently coming to Wii in June. Wow that's just so incredibly exciting. At least they are only charging $30 (but really it should be $20) unlike Ubisoft who to the best of my knowledge are charging full price for their Prince of Persia port. Since I don't have RE4 for the Cube, I might check this out, but I'm not exactly waiting with bated breath.

Mario & Sonic Olympics?

Nights II?

Yeah, im glad ive got a wii. Fuck anything else, top those two titles.

Although, from the Mario/Sonic picture, does anyone think Mario could beat Sonic in a RUNNING event?

Mario & Sonic Olympics?

Nights II?

Although, from the Mario/Sonic picture, does anyone think Mario could beat Sonic in a RUNNING event?

Well, for title to top it...if Sonic makes it into Smash Bros. Melee....

Oh, and for the second point? Well, it's hurdles. Maybe they think Mario's jumping would be a good enough balance for Sonic's running.

Mario & Sonic Olympics?

Nights II?

Well, for title to top it...if Sonic makes it into Smash Bros. Melee....

Oh, and for the second point? Well, it's hurdles. Maybe they think Mario's jumping would be a good enough balance for Sonic's running.

needs a power pad!

Here's a video of a really early build of Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 on the Wii.

http://www.ifilm.com/profile/motis766/video/2838094

Watch for the crotch chops at the 2 minute mark.

And the slightly-above-average-though-not-nearly-as-good-as-No-Mercy Day of Reckoning series dies so that the painfully mediocre Smackdown series can live on, and just be ported onto every system alive.

I already totally called it, despite being a year off. So I'm not at all surprised. I just really wish I was wrong.

I hear ya on that front, Andrew. Day Of Reckoning was head and shoulders above Smackdown! as far as gameplay was concerned, so I'm sad they won't be continuing on with it.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/u...r_en&tt=url

Screens of NiGHTs 2 for Wii which is TOTALLY NOT CONFIRMED yet.

Complete with a half-decent babelfish translation from jeux-france.

2 Player Mode?

Please do not **** this up, Sega.

I believe there's a typo on one of those scans...Takeshi Iizuka is a Nintendo guy. Takashi Iizuka is the Sonic Team guy.

Who worked on the original NiGHTs.

But also worked on the 3D Sonics.

And Shadow.

Jesus.

That smackdown video looked pretty sweet. Could suck ass though and could get boring and tiresome.

The crotch chop made me piss my pants laughing though!

And the dude with the camera saying, "did triple h just no sell that? this games more realistic than i thought" had me laughing.

Today's VC games:

Starfox 64

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1

Dragon's Curse

Not a bad selection, but TMNT is the first NES game on the VC to cost 600 points as opposed to 500.

Guest Smues

Starfox 64 alone makes that an awesome release.

And just to torture myself I'm sure I'll pick up TMNT.