TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

and now Marvin owns a snazzy set of $20 cables since Best Buy apparently realized they couldnt sell the knockoffs for $60 when they're selling the official Nintendo cables for $35. I was going to buy the official cables, but $15 is $15, and I didnt even spend $35 on my HDMI - DVI cable that I needed and I cant imagine theres $15 worth of difference between the knockoffs and the official cables.

The colors are better and you can tell the picture is progressive and not interlaced as Im playing Madden. Had to callibrate my Component 2 input though since it hasn't ever been used and the picture was all off..but good now.

My Best Buy also had one lowly Nintendo sitting there looking all lonely. ONE! So if your in the Salisbury MD area and want one..maybe you can get one.

I think my remote is screwed up. I was in the middle of playing COD3 and the batteries died. I found a second set of rechargables I keep on hand and put them in and they didnt work. I dug around and found a brand new pair of regular non rechargable duracells and they didnt work. I press a button and all 4 leds light up but nothing happens. I tried resynching the remote but it doesnt sync up, the leds all keep flashing and then quit after a while.

ARGH.

A seemingly simple enough fix..unplug for 30 seconds and it works again..but gee whiz..

that happened to me too, i tried everything and then just unplugged and plugged back in. I wonder what that was all about?

I just heard the Target near me has 4.

The lady said she'd hold one for me at noon.

I'm freaking out.

I don't know if I believe her.

Guest Queen Leelee

99% chance she's screwing with you, Eric.

They can't hold stuff at stores like Target.

Guest Queen Leelee

Plus, they don't know when shipments are coming in. Only the usual time things come in.

For just about everyone who found one by using itrackr, they knew the Wiis were coming in before the employees knew.

Plus, they don't know when shipments are coming in. Only the usual time things come in.

For just about everyone who found one by using itrackr, they knew the Wiis were coming in before the employees knew.

I don't understand itrackr. It seems like once a week they say my local Target has Wiis in stock, but everytime I go over there they say they haven't had them in months and don't expect any new shipments in the short-term.

Well.

I don't know what Target store policy is...

But when I went and gave my name, she dipped into the back and came back with a WIII!!!

So with that, I am the proud owner of a Nintendo Wii, Paper Mario, and Zelda.

I also got a memory card and some batteries and a new router.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yay, finally.

I hope you didn't spend a ton on the memory card, though. There's no uses for them yet.

Guest Queen Leelee

Did you get the GC version of Paper Mario? The Wii one is out in a few weeks.

I'm still playing Madden. Superstar mode is ridiculously fun. Don't want to try defense anymore.

yeah I got the GC one because it is a great game, and I want to finish it before the Wii one comes out.

Haha, yeah I explained backwards compatability to the Target lady. She said it was, "a good idea"

Yep.

Well my Wii is dead. It just keeps freezing after five minutes of operation. Got on the horn with NoA and I'm gonna be shipping my baby off to hopefully get repaired. Nintendo's customer service, at least over the phone, has been stellar this far.

Ouch. That sucks hard. :( I know that any virtual console games should be made available on your new Wii, but what of your game saves? Do you know yet or no?

Ouch. That sucks hard. :( I know that any virtual console games should be made available on your new Wii, but what of your game saves? Do you know yet or no?

Game Saves and Mii's are going to be DELETED (/Strong Bad). She said that they may have to purge the memory, which I already kinda figured they would re-flash the memory. The shipping label/box should be here tomorrow, so I have until then to try to evac my Mii's. Eh, as long as I get my machine back or a new one, I'll be happy. Just means I have to beat WarioWare again! :D

SSX Blur got an 8.4 from IGN.

I got this from joystiq:

88 - NGamer UK

85 - Game Informer

84 - GameTrailers

84 - IGN

80 - GameDaily

74 - GameSpot

74 - GameBrink

55 - 1UP

50 - GamePro

I was sorta interested possibly in this since I have SSX Tricky and SSX 3 and liked them both, but I might just hold off..

Game Saves and Mii's are going to be DELETED (/Strong Bad). She said that they may have to purge the memory, which I already kinda figured they would re-flash the memory. The shipping label/box should be here tomorrow, so I have until then to try to evac my Mii's. Eh, as long as I get my machine back or a new one, I'll be happy. Just means I have to beat WarioWare again! :D

Ouch. Well, Warioware isn't a huge big, but it's annoying for other games. However, while I have an SD card, there are some games you can copy the save for and some you cannot. Twilight Princess and Trauma Center work, but Elebits and Metal Slug cannot be copied. Why?!

Splatterhouse was confirmed to be a title on the VC in March (TG16 version) I can't get the link right now because the board its at is under maintenance.

Guest Queen Leelee

For anyone still looking for Wii component cables:

Go to handhelditems.com. They have them for $14.99 (often run out of stock, so you may have to keep looking). Add the coupon code "wiicables" to get $5 off. Then, if you're a Google Checkout 1st time user, you also get $10 off.

Thus, you'll only pay like $2.85, whatever it is for it to be shipped.