TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

DK64:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/191702.asp

Take a look at the ratings there. It was indeed overrated when you consider that the game is actually quite terrible. I wonder what sort of drugs some of those reviewers were on. Game Fan could only give it a 75/100 average, and they loved the previous Rare/DKC games

Now that I think of it, Sega needs to make a good beat 'em up using the Virtua Fighter fighting system. Something like Shenmue, but where the battles make up the biggest chunk of the game. With Sarah as the main character. Yea, I could dig that.

Isn't that what Dynamite Deka 1&2 aka Die Hard Arcade and Dynamite Cop were (save for the Sarah thing)?

DK64 just cranked up the "collect a bunch of stuff" forumla way too much, which was never the main point of the games in the DKC trilogy.

That's one of the reasons I loved Bad Fur Day, as cash was the only thing picked up, and your abilities depended only on the context sensitive pads.

Were those good? :P

As 3D beat 'em ups, go, they were at the top of the heap IMO.

Which is still only decent. So, yes and no, depending on if you want to split hairs.

Guest Queen Leelee

Trauma Center was fun, the few minutes I played. Definitely unique and perfect for the Wiimote controls. One of my friends also loves the DS version.

It's the type of game Nintendo should have really pushed from the start...

Trauma Center is great. I don't own it because I have the DS version, which is basically the same game, but the last 15% of the Wii version of the game is completely different, and provides a real ending to the game. It's at least worth a rent or a Gamefly or what have you. I felt the Wii version was easier than the DS version for two reasons:

1. The Wii remote is never as precise as a stylus, so allowances have to be made.

2. I already knew how to beat 90% of the missions, especially Triti, which is the virus with the thorns and the triangular patterns and sheer utter pain and I think it's slightly easier in the Wii version thank god.

I talked about playing Trauma Center a few pages back, but given the fact that this is page 63, I don't want you to have to find it. Basically, not only did I love Trauma Center, but so did my friends who were playing the Wii for the first time, one of them going so far as to say that it was the best game he had played in years.

Prognosis: Positive

They just got a Wii shipment in at the Gamestop closest to me.

This is the first day of my new schedule, when I get out at 4:30 instead of 4:00.

I'm kind of freaking out...

Guest Queen Leelee
They just got a Wii shipment in at the Gamestop closest to me.

This is the first day of my new schedule, when I get out at 4:30 instead of 4:00.

I'm kind of freaking out...

Unless you called Gamestop, they didn't.

GS only updates their inventory overnight.

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm getting Paper Mario.

If the battery pack is more than $10, it's a ripoff.

Nevermind, the guy at the GS was just saying that they were getting a shipment in and he'd tell me if they had one.

They didn't. Luckily I called ahead of time so I didn't go.

Unfortunately I really don't see getting one this week.

Oh and this one GS has listed as "having one" for the whole week :angry:

Pretty much all of the info anyone outside of Nintendo knows on Super Paper Mario:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=789531...cUserId=1002415

I'm definitely going to buy it, but I was sold on it back when it was a GC game.

EDIT: It was pulled, apparently. It is now a dead link.

Part of it can still be found here:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=13630#comments

He wasn't so upset about the game itself, but what happened because of it. What happened was that when DKC was a huge hit, he was being pressured to have Yoshi's Island turned into a cgi game as well. He complained that Americans would put up with "mediocre gameplay" if the graphics were good. He later apologized and explained the pressure, though.

The cgi DK model was actually designed with his input. Rare just put a tie on him.

But still, the childish gaming press hates Rare anyway. EGM named 5 Rare games out of their top 10 most overrated games.

I hate that list. I have unconditional love for Shenmue and there's nothing wrong with the Rare titles listed. Reminds me why I gave up on it last year after reading so much bullshit (journalism and review wise)

Ocarina of Time will be available this coming Monday to North American Wii owners on Virtual Console, for the usual 1000 Wii Points.

Pretty decent value, considering what the collector's versions run, but if you own the game 5 times over like I do, it's just a bit superfluous. Although lack of rumble sucks. :(

Is there a site that says when games for the VC will be out?

LOL

We're lucky to even know when new Nintendo games come out.

This one was actually announced by Nintendo, but most of the time it's based on rumors, new ESRB listings, and the like.

Not to sure if this was posted here yet but it looks like the VC will also start getting Neo-geo games as well.