TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Puzzle Bobble = Bust a Move, that puzzle game where you shoot colored bubbles and try to knock them off the the ceiling.

Bubble Bobble = the game where you're the little dino(s) that trap enemies in bubbles, then hit them to turn them into food. I have it for NES. Very fun game.

One thing I've noticed about Wii is how it has brought certain publishers back into the fold who hadn't been producing games for Nintendo home consoles. For example, SNK Playmore apparently didn't see Gamecube as a viable platform for their releases but they put Metal Slug Anthology out on Wii. Tecmo didn't publish any games for N64 or Gamecube but they released Super Swing Golf for Wii.

I love the whole series of games Bobble Bubble, Rainbow Island, Parasol Stars, Puzzle Bubble/Bust a Move! Taito or Ocean or SNK or whatever the games ruled!

To be fair, SNK has said they publish on the Wii because Sony and Microsoft don't want retail 2D games on their consoles, and XBLA previously had a 50 megabyte limit.

Now, Neo Geo games will be on all three systems. Plus, they're on Gametap.

I don't care, whatever it takes to get KoF XI over here.

Anyone wanna pimp a "hidden gem" VC game they've not heard much about but took a chance on downloading?

I just got a bunch more points and am wondering whether anything I've passed on is worth DLing, or if I should wait for more updates.

Solomon's Key is amazing.

Bomberman '93 has become a SMASH hit in my household, and even girl visitors seem to find it to be their favorite.

Sonic is fun, albeit short.

Zelda is great.

Mario 64 is king.

Super Mario Bros. just had to be downloaded.

Wario's Woods, once you get the hang of playing quickly & smart, is fun, but an average game at best.

Toejam & Earl, I never liked, and still don't. But it's a pretty neat game, just not one I can get into.

5 player Bomberman 93 dominates my and my friends' Wiis, it's just so insane and chaotic. And yeah, you definately NEED Gunstar Heroes playing through that in 2 player is awesome.

Although it just came out, I'd have to give props to New Adventure Island on the TG-16.

I loved the Adevture Island games back in the day; the sense of urgency, and the sheer insanity of some of the platforming, where you have no choice but to run fast.

I'd say it's somewhat easier than Kid Icarus.

I just downloaded Comix Zone (eh...) and Kid Icarus. Also have Zelda: Link to the Past.

My housemate bought Sonic and the Secret Rings, which looks really amazing and IMO trumps Zelda's graphics on a big-screen with sharper colors.

I just downloaded Comix Zone (eh...) and Kid Icarus. Also have Zelda: Link to the Past.

My housemate bought Sonic and the Secret Rings, which looks really amazing and IMO trumps Zelda's graphics on a big-screen with sharper colors.

Comix Zone was supposed to be one of the last great Genesis games. I have it on Sonic Mega Collection Plus (And on Sega Genesis Collection), but it's too hard. No lives, either. Just Game Over.

Twilight Princess was not graphically upgraded for the Wii version, as good as that game may look. So there's a lot of room to grow.

Can anybody explain to me the huge demand for Wii Play? Apparently they are sold out everywhere but the game got a pretty shitty rating. I've seen them selling for over $90 on eBay. A lot of people also had my idea to buy the game (and the Wiimote it comes with) for $50 and then sell just the game for more than $10. It's an easy way to get another Wiimote for cheap. I've seen just the game w/o the Wiimote selling for $30+.

A Wiimote, which isn't easy to get, depending on where ya live especially, costs $40.

So you add a game with some fun, some lame multiplayer games to ur library for $10 if you were going to find another Wiimote, essentially.

It's three months after the launch and there is still absolutely no way to find the Wii hardware anywhere around here. One of the local retailers around here said that they've managed to get the product on the shelves just once or maybe twice since the console launched, due to people bombarding them with requests for the consoles whenever the trucks roll in.

A Wiimote, which isn't easy to get, depending on where ya live especially, costs $40.

So you add a game with some fun, some lame multiplayer games to ur library for $10 if you were going to find another Wiimote, essentially.

Ya, I understand that, but why are people willing to pay $90 for a game and wiimote when the game isn't worth $50? I guess there are some people who would pay $50 for Wiiplay..but I sure as hell wouldn't.

For me, buying the game w/ Wiimote and considering it a $10 game isn't worth it. I already have 2 Wiimotes, so I'm not gonna spend another $40 for a third one right now, but if I can get one w/ Wiiplay, and then sell just the game for $25 or so, it's worth it to get a Wiimote for only $25.

It's three months after the launch and there is still absolutely no way to find the Wii hardware anywhere around here. One of the local retailers around here said that they've managed to get the product on the shelves just once or maybe twice since the console launched, due to people bombarding them with requests for the consoles whenever the trucks roll in.

now we can go ahead and say Nintendo is being ridiculous.

Awesome. Well, not for you if you are looking for a Wii..but I'm glad to see that it's doing so well.

I dunno man, after the first couple of months you'd think someone over there at Nintendo would say "wow, we have a lot of demand, but no supply...maybe we should fix that?"

I've seen them in the case at the Wal-Mart here twice since launch, but I'm not sure how long they lasted. I was more surprised today to see that they had 2 remotes, those seem almost as hard to come by as the system itself.

Biohazard Battle is really cool. It's pretty easy and it has some slowdown in it (which I assume carries over to the VC version) but it is a fun game.

Guest Queen Leelee

Marvin has a point with the component cables this time. The AV cables really look crappy on a HDTV. Plus, even for small SDTV's, there's a notable difference in quality.