TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

<a href="
target="_blank">Devil's Crush</a> is also on Virtual Console today. It's also the only one I'm getting. Best console pinball game period, IMO

For whatever reason, that's the game I thought I was getting when I downloaded Alien Crush. I think I realized they were two different games but I got it anyway. I wish there were trade-in options on VC.

just got a Wii myself, my family has taken it over.. this is insane. I had played it before but never to the point where my arms got a little sore!

I have Super Paper Mario which is a ton of fun. Still undecided on what my next game purchase should be. I sorta wanted to try out... Sonic *hides*. Anyone know if the positives outweigh the negatives?

I sorta wanted to try out... Sonic *hides*. Anyone know if the positives outweigh the negatives?

No.

It controls better than Sonic (Next Gen), but what doesn't?

I sorta wanted to try out... Sonic *hides*. Anyone know if the positives outweigh the negatives?

No.

It controls better than Sonic (Next Gen), but what doesn't?

<a href="
target="_blank">Devil's Crush</a> is also on Virtual Console today. It's also the only one I'm getting. Best console pinball game period, IMO

For whatever reason, that's the game I thought I was getting when I downloaded Alien Crush. I think I realized they were two different games but I got it anyway. I wish there were trade-in options on VC.

Yeah, Alien Crush isn't nearly as good, and Devil's Crush, while more or less a sequel, is so much better it's insane.

With VC games it's very important to research just what you're getting, because you can't demo it directly...but there's ROMs you know.

At least you didn't buy Mario Bros. expecting SMB though, right?

I tend not to go into this blind, but that was one of my first VC purchases and I was all hyped up to spend money.

"A game called Bloody Wolf and a pinball game that almost sounds like Devil's Crush? I'M THERE!"

That said, I do like AC.

For Sonic and the Secret Rings, I got it not too long ago. It's a really messed up game in the way one moment I was thinking that this game was awesome and possibly the best console Sonic game since Sonic Heroes took the games in the wrong direction. The next moment, the game throws me in horrible, inane missions and tosses a bunch of crap in my face and then laughs at me. The next moment I love it again until the next inane mission. Good thing I managed to score the game for free. The game is "wait until you can grab it for $30" at best.

I'm playing Paper Mario on the VC more than anything right now, it even took over my playings of Scarface, which I have yet to finish.

For Sonic and the Secret Rings, I got it not too long ago. It's a really messed up game in the way one moment I was thinking that this game was awesome and possibly the best console Sonic game since Sonic Heroes took the games in the wrong direction. The next moment, the game throws me in horrible, inane missions and tosses a bunch of crap in my face and then laughs at me. The next moment I love it again until the next inane mission. Good thing I managed to score the game for free. The game is "wait until you can grab it for $30" at best.

I'm playing Paper Mario on the VC more than anything right now, it even took over my playings of Scarface, which I have yet to finish.

My thoughts exactly about Sonic, good sir.

So I went to a pawn shop yesterday and they actually had a used Wii. It was nothing different than what you'd see in a normal retail store, only this one was used. Just the system, the two controllers, stand, sensor bar, and Wii Sports.

Wanna guess how much they were asking for the used package, the same thing you would have to pay $250 for in a normal retail store if you bought it new?

$450!!!

The Gamestation where I used to work has had 3 used Wii's since the release.

And 7 PS3s.

The "Game" franchise stores in dublin has used Wii's have used ones for €254 (retail price at launch was €269, now they have deals for shitty games and no base consoles that they charge €290+ depending on the game packages). I got a base console in argos (sort of like a warehouse/ catalog store in the states) for €250.

Devil's Crush is pretty damn fun. I used the leftover Wii points to buy Zelda II for the hell of it too, my memory of that game not being that good has been replaced with nostalgia of playing it everyday after school and making maps. Love the music too.

I've considered it, but brokeness (car insurance this month) + me getting involved in playing a few games for the first time has kept me from it. I expect to rent soon, though.

I got it. Classic example of a crummy game that is addictive if played with other people. The gameplay is utterly, utterly broken and unbalanced, but if you have another person to play coop with, it's strangely fun.

I got it. Classic example of a crummy game that is addictive if played with other people. The gameplay is utterly, utterly broken and unbalanced, but if you have another person to play coop with, it's strangely fun.

I dunno if I feel that strongly about the unbalanced-ness.

Friend code exchange?

That blue light bothered me this morning when I woke up since I thought I turned notifications off, but it didn't say I had any messages either. Where do I look for the update, WiiShop?

I also had 8 Miis wonder over finally. Yeah!

Firmware update somwhat improves the look of the Wii Menu, and basically overhauls Wii Shop. Some details:

You can rearrange your Wii friends list.

Weather status and News headlines appear in the Wii menu.

Daily play messages are colored differently from other messages.

Your mail icon glows when you have a message.

GIANT UGLY CLOCK.

There's more.

You mean the "Everyone Votes" channel? That's been out for a while (in the US, anyway).

No sorry, we have that. I mean't this but apparently it's not out till september.

I'm downloading that firmware update now.

Good lord this is taking a long time to download... but I had a pretty awful net connection for some reason.

The miis that were in the parade were some guy named wiines and 7 others I didn't have time to stop for a name (I had been up for all of 2 minutes).

Firmware update somwhat improves the look of the Wii Menu, and basically overhauls Wii Shop. Some details:

You can rearrange your Wii friends list.

Weather status and News headlines appear in the Wii menu.

Daily play messages are colored differently from other messages.

Your mail icon glows when you have a message.

GIANT UGLY CLOCK.

There's more.

SO MUCH MORE!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rant/wii-update-b...ders-287086.php

One poster says it still works, but some of you may want to take note of this.

EDIT: Again, SO MUCH MORE! -- http://kotaku.com/gaming/baby-steps/wii-up...port-287134.php