TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

I agree on the tailgaters thing though. What's really irritating is when they have the option to go around you but they speed up on your ass and sit there like you should get out of the way because they're in such a god damn hurry. Then they decide to finally go around you after several miles of riding your bumper and they do the old "speed up to nearly hit you then change lanes to where they almost clip the corner of your bumper". If I had more balls(and a shitty car) I'd slam on my brakes when they did that so they would hit my bumper. Then again I'd have to deal with the headache of higher insurance and all that shit.

Not to mention the actual headache of severe whiplash.

It's been nearly two years, and I still don't get your desire to be violently rear-ended on the expressway.

I agree on the tailgaters thing though. What's really irritating is when they have the option to go around you but they speed up on your ass and sit there like you should get out of the way because they're in such a god damn hurry. Then they decide to finally go around you after several miles of riding your bumper and they do the old "speed up to nearly hit you then change lanes to where they almost clip the corner of your bumper". If I had more balls(and a shitty car) I'd slam on my brakes when they did that so they would hit my bumper. Then again I'd have to deal with the headache of higher insurance and all that shit.

Not to mention the actual headache of severe whiplash.

It's been nearly two years, and I still don't get your desire to be violently rear-ended on the expressway.

Damn, I forgot this was the same thread. I hate being tailgated, what can I say? I'm full of hate....the Emperor would love me.

Another thing that pisses me off: Its okay for African-Americans, Asians, and Latinos to shave their heads, but when a white guy does it, HE'S A RACIST!

Also, its apparantly okay to make fun of Christians / Catholics, but you can't make fun of Jews or Muslims. WTF?

White male victomhood over the little things in life when we rule the world.

After working as a prep sports writer I've figured out what annoys me the most in this world: parents.

Because little junior is a star and he never screws up. If he messes up in a game then it's everyone else's fault. If he does well then it needs to be a 3-page article.

I had just moved to the area. This is my first full-time gig. I didn't know enough about the teams or the area to do an All-Area football team. Plus, I didn't get out to enough games. However the coaches do their own All-Area team and they sent that to me and I printed it in the paper.

I had a kids dad go "So I was disappointed to see you didn't do an All-Area football team." I explained the situation to him and then told him I did print the coaches team. He responded with "Well you know that kind of thing looks really good to a college coach!" and I've heard horror stories about parents accusing sports writers of costing their kid a D-1 scholarship because they didn't make a big enough deal about his 2 TD passes in the rivalry game or whatever mediocre accomplishment junior sonofabitch came up with. Since we're in Kansas I just wanted to say "Look dude, if Ron Prince or Mark Mangino are looking at me for who they should recruit then they don't deserve their job."

After working as a prep sports writer I've figured out what annoys me the most in this world: parents.

Because little junior is a star and he never screws up. If he messes up in a game then it's everyone else's fault. If he does well then it needs to be a 3-page article.

I had just moved to the area. This is my first full-time gig. I didn't know enough about the teams or the area to do an All-Area football team. Plus, I didn't get out to enough games. However the coaches do their own All-Area team and they sent that to me and I printed it in the paper.

I had a kids dad go "So I was disappointed to see you didn't do an All-Area football team." I explained the situation to him and then told him I did print the coaches team. He responded with "Well you know that kind of thing looks really good to a college coach!" and I've heard horror stories about parents accusing sports writers of costing their kid a D-1 scholarship because they didn't make a big enough deal about his 2 TD passes in the rivalry game or whatever mediocre accomplishment junior sonofabitch came up with. Since we're in Kansas I just wanted to say "Look dude, if Ron Prince or Mark Mangino are looking at me for who they should recruit then they don't deserve their job."

The brother of a guy I know has his 3 year old daughter taking tennis lessons. You should not be surprised at how idiotic parents can be when it comes to their kids.

Oh I'm not surprised, just annoyed.

We have these two kids here. One's a QB on the football team(that got recruited by Arkansas, then he de-committed and is going to Kansas now) and a basketball player that's going to play at the local JUCO next year. These two kids are the best athletes Dodge City has ever produced. So everyone worships them and expects me to. Here's the problem, kids like these are a dime a dozen in Texas. If either of these kids were in Texas they'd be riding the pine or playing for a shit team. It's really annoying that everyone is so in love with them just because we're in bumfuck western Kansas. I swear, and Slayer can probably atest to this, eastern and western Kansas are like two different states and I live on the wrong side.

And that brings me to another thing that annoys me: Dodge City. This place is so shitty. The people are anti-progress. Anytime there's a proposal for something new or something to better the town it's defeated because they don't want to change, despite the fact that their "rival city" is exploding by leaps and bounds because they're willing to think forward. They brought in an outside consultant from Chicago to tell them how to improve tourism and she told them they needed to improve downtown and they fired her because they thought downtown was just fine. Well Dodge doesn't even really have a downtown and what is considered downtown is half closed or it's a mexican store!

And that's another thing. This town is 70% hispanic because of the two meat packing plants. I don't mind that, but sometimes I feel like I live in Mexico with all the spanish signs and businesses. But, that's not even the big problem. The thing that annoys me more is the pissed off rednecks in this town. They think every Mexican person is illegal. The guy could have a birth certificate proving he was born in the US, a degree from Harvard law and he could speak perfect English with no accent and they'd say "Quit yapping in Spanish you fucking spic! Get back to work on a roof or something!" I swear they're the most ignorant people. If ANYTHING goes wrong in this town they immediately blame the "illegals" or whatever. Most of Dodge's hispanic population is legal, but every pissed off redneck thinks that if you're hispanic you must be here illegally.

They claim Dodge was so much better in the old days before the "illegal problem". Well here's the thing. The meat packing plants opened in the 70's. Mexican and Koreans started moving here then. Dodge didn't fall apart until the late 90's. And what happened in the mid-90's? The four year university here in Dodge closed! So the population stagnated and things went downhill. But, don't tell the pissed off redneck that he's part of the problem. It's just easier for him to blame the "illegals".

People who stop at red lights, and for the entire remainder of the light creep up closer and closer to the intersection until it turns green. Just run the light homey

Thank god I'm going to deal with a more relaxed kind of athlete..professionals. :lol:

And Milky those boots are very cool.

Thank god I'm going to deal with a more relaxed kind of athlete..professionals. :lol:

And Milky those boots are very cool.

Oh the actual athletes don't give a damn. They don't care one way or another if they're in the paper or not. It's the parents that want to brag on the child so feel every little thing junior does needs to be documented. I don't really want to run a photo of your son shaking hands with Bill Snyder at a banquet 50 other kids were invited to!

I swear, and Slayer can probably atest to this, eastern and western Kansas are like two different states.

Yes they are, though I would further split eastern Kansas between the country and the KC metro... even if you and I are the only ones who would care about this.

Having been out to western Kansas for business on several occasions, I can certainly attest to the awfulness of Dodge City. I can't attest for the culture or government issues, but goddamn does that place smell (meat plant, not Mexicans). It is somewhat nice for the whole historical aspect of the town, but once you've exhausted those four hours, there isn't much else. Given the choice, I'd definitely live in Garden City.

Dodge didn't fall apart until the late 90's. And what happened in the mid-90's? The four year university here in Dodge closed! So the population stagnated and things went downhill.

Actually I think the cause and effect are switched here

I know! I shaved my head for years, and actually am a neo nazi, and nobody suspected a thing! Which, speaking of my shoe fetish, check out my new boots:

Panzer10eye1.jpg

(No, I'm not a neo nazi, but those are my new boots. Did I need them? No. Will they get my ass kicked if I walk somewhere in the rain? Probably. But that's my uncontrollable shoe fetish.)

Well there goes your invite to do a comedy show with me.

They're just black boots. Actually, that picture isn't even really accurate, because mine are oxblood. It's part of my neo-nazi motif I wear sometimes... I also have a cocksucking faggot motif, and typically I'll combine the two to create the life of the party.

I know! I shaved my head for years, and actually am a neo nazi, and nobody suspected a thing! Which, speaking of my shoe fetish, check out my new boots:

Panzer10eye1.jpg

(No, I'm not a neo nazi, but those are my new boots. Did I need them? No. Will they get my ass kicked if I walk somewhere in the rain? Probably. But that's my uncontrollable shoe fetish.)

Put your fucking teeth on the curb, nigger!

People who stop at red lights, and for the entire remainder of the light creep up closer and closer to the intersection until it turns green. Just run the light homey

I had to do that with my very first car, a piece of shit Ford Tempo, because coming to a complete stop would often times result in the thing dying.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Blue Raspberry flavoring.

The fuck is that, anyway? There's no such goddamn thing as a blue raspberry! It's a crock. How the fuck can something be the flavor of something that doesn't exist??

I always figured it was blueberry AND raspberry flavoring together.

Those are just US-issue paratrooper boots with swastikas for inner treads. I have an 11-eyelet pair just like them on right now, minus the swastikas and logo.

I swear, and Slayer can probably atest to this, eastern and western Kansas are like two different states.

Yes they are, though I would further split eastern Kansas between the country and the KC metro... even if you and I are the only ones who would care about this.

Having been out to western Kansas for business on several occasions, I can certainly attest to the awfulness of Dodge City. I can't attest for the culture or government issues, but goddamn does that place smell (meat plant, not Mexicans). It is somewhat nice for the whole historical aspect of the town, but once you've exhausted those four hours, there isn't much else. Given the choice, I'd definitely live in Garden City.

What's even worse are all the fucking JUCO's in the area. So every kid with a small bit of ability goes to the JUCO and the parents flip out thinking they're going to the Big 12.

No, your kid isn't talented enough to play college sports. He's only on the roster to fill out the requirements for kids from Kansas. The real star is that kid from Florida/Texas/California that's your kid is riding the bench behind.

i hate that i ordered this veggie sub, and they totally fucked up the order. i asked for no lettuce and no onions. i also got no pickles, no olives, and no mushrooms. and i asked for it to be toasted and it clearly wasn't. all i got was a slab of bread with cucumber, green pepper, and tomatoes. DAS NOT COOL.

Yeah, I hate at subway sometimes how they'll start putting toppings on before you ask for them.

Him: "Lettuce, tomatoe?"

Me: "Just lettuce" *As he's already started to put the tomatoes on.

Doesn't really anger me though, just reminded me when you brought up subs.

I have a good subway... they never do that. It's either olderish Asian ladies or youngerish Asian dudes (probably a mom/son thing) depending on when you go in there. They just take the sandwich over to the veggie tray and look at you, don't even ask.

I always feel like I have to say "just a little bit of lettuce", lest they dump two heaping handfuls of lettuce onto my turkey sandwich

I always feel like I have to say "just a little bit of lettuce", lest they dump two heaping handfuls of lettuce onto my turkey sandwich

Me too! It only seems to apply with lettuce too, for some reason. Every other sub post has had some validity, but I don't ever see too many of anything added to my sammich except for lettuce.

I don't know why but the 'Ya gotta get the good one!" guy for Windsor Pellets drives me up the wall. I REALLY hated the commercial a year ago when he was shaving.