TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Wow.. the cynical person that I am, and i've never posted in this thread.

Apple angers me.

I sent them my (latest in a long line of) iPod to get repaired, they sent me a refurbished one that was even worse than the one I sent to them.

When you're walking and someone in front of you decides to stop, or just move just enough in your way to throw you off. Like today. I was walking down the steps, and I'm a pretty fast walker. I make it to the end and this girl is heading towards the train when she decides to turn (God knows where cause there wasn't any train on the other side, and both would go the same way anyway) and I slam my jaw right on the top of her head. Luckily I didn't get busted open, but she turns around and gives me an "Ow!" WTF? It's your fault. Ok, maybe she's allowed to say ow, but it annoys me when people decide to change direction or stop at the exact time you're right behind them. I was like I'm sorry and continued my walk.

I was sitting out front when I got home this afternoon, smoking a BUTT with my girl, and these two chicks who work at the bank up the street from us come walking by. Side-by-side. Average width sidewalk. One of them just looks down at me and goes "excuse me" and doesn't go around me. She would've tripped over me if I didn't pull my legs back onto the front walkway of my building rather than leave my feet planted flat on the sidewalk. What, bitch? I'm supposed to move for YOU? You're a cunt whose job consists of counting. My job consists of counting inventory, lifting heavy shit, operating a forklift, dealing with annoying customers, dealing with the idiots that run the place, and dealing with my (possibly mentally retarded) coworker. Fuck you, bitch: I was here first. You go around ME.

Guest Vitamin X

And I'm fairly sure that, aside from the brute work associated with "lifting heavy shit" and operating a forklift, their job is similar to everything else you described, except dealing with a possibly mentally retarded coworker because you actually need more than half a brain to work at a bank, see.

Well, I don't find it angering, more mildly annoying, but I have one...

Riding a bus, if someone is talking loudly on a cell phone, bad enough, but when it's some thuggish guy talking about making power plays and essentially ghetto politics, I think it's pretty dumb. Fine, he's a king somewhere, who gives a shit?

Applying for a supervisor position within my department day one, talking about the position with HR and with management, and not even being interviewed for it as the position is filled a month later. A business management degree, credible knowledge of the workplace, and 5 years with the company and they don't even humor me with a going-through-the-motions interview. Way to make me feel important, work.

When mom comes over to my place and starts tidying it up. It's years since I've moved out, I can take care of the place. :(

that's funny, when my mother comes over, she bitches about how my shit isn't where she would like it.

There was a big problem with that in Hawaii, where there was no speed limit in the state was over 55. 55! There's a lot of old people in that state, and rarely did they drive fast. I'm an aggressive driver (but not stupid) and they would piss me off to no end.

I'm a stupid driver (what I mean when I joke that I drive better drunk is that I'm nervous and careful when I drive drunk... sober I just don't give a shit).

Guest Brady's Torn ACL
I was sitting out front when I got home this afternoon, smoking a BUTT with my girl, and these two chicks who work at the bank up the street from us come walking by. Side-by-side. Average width sidewalk. One of them just looks down at me and goes "excuse me" and doesn't go around me. She would've tripped over me if I didn't pull my legs back onto the front walkway of my building rather than leave my feet planted flat on the sidewalk. What, bitch? I'm supposed to move for YOU? You're a cunt whose job consists of counting. My job consists of counting inventory, lifting heavy shit, operating a forklift, dealing with annoying customers, dealing with the idiots that run the place, and dealing with my (possibly mentally retarded) coworker. Fuck you, bitch: I was here first. You go around ME.

Haha, you're such a fucking dirtball. "Ain't movin' for no white-collar cunt when I'm smokin' butts with muh girl." I know it's a tough life, lifting heavy shit and and doing business with TEH JEWS and all, but even you should still have the rudimentary social graces to move your legs if you're in somebody's way.

Guest Brady's Torn ACL

Who cares? Act like a grown-ass man and move out of her way before you need to be asked, and then forget the whole thing ever happened, instead of being completely obtuse and immature about it. I've been in people's way, people have been in my way; this will always happen till the end of time because there is a finite amount of space in the world and we're all usually too busy to always be 100% on the ball when it comes to being aware of our surroundings or whatever. With some of the grievances that are aired in this thread, which I can say with confidence is one of the three worst long-running active threads on the entire forum, it's a miracle that the people here are capable of any sort of real-world functioning. For the sake of your collective health, I hope that your outrage over the stupidest and most innocuous daily mishaps is either

1) feigned for the purpose of effecting discussion in an increasingly dormant folder

2) so cathartic to share with the board that you're preventing the deleterious physical and mental effects of depression by getting it all out there instead of letting it sit and privately consume you.

Not anything that angers me, but just a frustration. I have been out of college since last December and thanks to the economic situation in our country, its been a hellish year trying to get my foot in the door career wise. I think I've been turned down for everything so far this year. I'm kinda in a catch 22 of sorts, since I lack experience yet I need a job to experience. I have my substitute teaching credentials and have been trying to get into that, but it doesn't look good. I want to go to law school next year, but I at least want to get some experience before I go back to school. Has anyone else that graduated recently been as frustrated by the job market?

Guest Vitamin X

Nope, but I will definitely experience your pain next year, particularly with the immense amount of student loan debt I'll have to deal with! That is, if I don't get accepted into a graduate program at my school..

Not anything that angers me, but just a frustration. I have been out of college since last December and thanks to the economic situation in our country, its been a hellish year trying to get my foot in the door career wise. I think I've been turned down for everything so far this year. I'm kinda in a catch 22 of sorts, since I lack experience yet I need a job to experience. I have my substitute teaching credentials and have been trying to get into that, but it doesn't look good. I want to go to law school next year, but I at least want to get some experience before I go back to school. Has anyone else that graduated recently been as frustrated by the job market?

Yeah sort of. My frustration was realizing I had a degree that got me a job in an industry where everyone I met was miserable with their lives and situation and the pay wasn't worth shit. People that had made it 25 years were only making 40K. Then I had to find a job that would take someone with a degree, but not a specific degree. Now I rent cars all day, but hey it makes me good money and I can actually pay my mortage and pay for my wedding now.