TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Self checkout here actually lets you buy beer no questions asked. Not hard stuff, though.

Where is this? Every one that I've ever used requires you to present your ID to an employee. Sometimes, that means standing around for a minute or two waiting on the employee to finish helping somebody else while the people behind me groan impatiently. Yeah, me no like.

Guest Smues
Oh those damn damage waivers. Don't get me wrong, its a smart buy, and I always get it, no need to be hassled into it, I'm asking for it before they have the chance. But they suck because they'll end up doubling the cost of the rental, and there aren't any discounts or full week rates on them, just (usually) $25 a day every day.

Where do you work?

Enterprise. It really depends on what region you are for the pricing.

Ours is 14 a day for insurance customers (29 for the full coverage) and 16 a day for retail (31 for full coverage).

For some reason there's a lot of accidents in this area, but I hear in some parts of Texas the damn thing is only like 9.99 a day. I always say "If this was 7-10 bucks a day it'd be soooo much easier to sell."

The funniest thing is the people that have been in wrecks and the other persons insurance is paying for the rental. They only pay for the actual car rental. But, people think they should have everything given to them because they were bumped into at McDonalds or whatever. I've had people flip out and say they aren't paying for gas because the other person hit them or that their insurance isn't covering it's the person who hit them.

Of course it's your insurance because you are driving the car. But, people don't seem to get that.

I also love cash customers. We have certain steps and qualification requirements if you're trying to rent a car with just cash. Some people flip out over it. One lady said "I used to be able to walk in with 50 bucks and I'd be able to leave with a car!"

I guess I just rent from the wrong places, it's always around 25 when I've rented. I haven't had any problems with Enterprise myself, but when some friends of mine rented a car from Enterprise for our trip to Wrestlemania XIX the conversation went like this:

"And would you like us to pick you up?"

"Oh I hadn't thought of that. Actually that'd be really helpful. Yes please."

"Oh, well we'd really prefer if you didn't have us pick you up. We're understaffed that day."

".........then why the FUCK did you just offer it?"

24 Hour Jack In The Box Drive-thru's that decide to close for a little while but neglect to put a sign up saying that they are closed. This has happen twice to me in the past two weeks.

Two Fridays ago, I was driving home really late and wanted to pick up a quick breakfast. I pull into the parking lot and there are two signs that advertise that the drive-thru is open. A window graphic that says "open 24 hours Thursday, Friday, and Saturday." and a neon light that reads "Drive-Thru open". I pull up to the box..."Sorry we're closed."

"You're closed?"

"Yeah are machines are down and won't be up for 30 minutes."

I just drove away.

Last Saturday night/ Sunday morning, I go back to the same Jack in the Box. This time the same thing, the window graphic is up, the neon sign is lit up, and there's even two workers outside smoking cigarette. I pull up to the box..."sorry we're closed."

"What do you mean your closed?"

"Our (something) is down and we can't take orders."

"Then why do you have signs that advertise that your drive-thru is open?"

"Our (something) is down and won't be back up for 30 minutes."

"Ok, I'm just gonna come back later and talk to a manger because you guys used this lame excuse last week as well."

"I'm sorry sir, but our (something) is down and we can't take orders until it comes back up. It's like this at every Jack in the Box."

Which is a load of crap.

"Turn off your fucking "we're open" signs, Jackass." and I ended up driving away at this point.

I drive to another Jack in the Box in another city, maybe about 10 minutes away but 10 minutes out of my way, and of course they're open and got a long line going into the parking lot. I also know that another Jack in the Box near where I used to live (I just moved to another city) is open because I would go there during the same time frame and they'd be open as well. I wouldn't have been pissed off if the neon sign wasn't lit up and there was a sign on the box that read "sorry we're closed till such time." but nope, instead they have signs turned on that advertise they are open. Complete and under bullshit.

Kind of just the mentality of Berkeley. Everyone's 100% sure that the government is a big man-penis meant to keep minorities in the south and women in the kitchen and our boys at war, etc. It's kind of a lot of bullshit.

Also, my men's & women's psychology class. It's so ridiculously biased. Every class there are at least 10 examples that the professor uses to convey the message that all social scientists and psychologist are men that just want to be on top of the hierarchy no matter what.

Also, my men's & women's psychology class. It's so ridiculously biased. Every class there are at least 10 examples that the professor uses to convey the message that all social scientists and psychologist are men that just want to be on top of the hierarchy no matter what.

I took an African-American cinema class to get some credits, and the entire class period just involved the teacher saying things like, "The WHITE man is responsible for (insert ridiculous - but probably true in some way - scenario)...ALLLLLL designed to keep the black man and woman down."

Keep in mind, my buddy and I were the only two white people in the class. There were a few Mexicans and Asians, but it was mainly black kids. Wow, did they give us the evil eye.

Plus, I never really realized just how overrated Spike Lee is. I remember "Do The Right Thing" being a LOT better a few years ago.

Yeah. Despite my posting persona, I'm actually extremely sensitive in real life, and thus very easily manipulated by such things, but black people just piss me off. Genuine oppression, though, breaks my heart.

And I would still not trade being a white man for anything. That right there, just by itself, is really fucking sweet. It's like Antz. We're the Lords of the Earth!

Guest Smues

To graduate at EWU you have to take a minority studies class or some bullshit like that. I wanted to pick the one that would be the least 'white male guilt' that they offered, so I chose Indian Studies. SILLY FUCKING ME after all these years of political correct bullshit being shoved down my throat and being on a college campus I assumed they meant India Indian, and that America Indian studies would be called Native American Studies. Nope. I went to buy the book for the class and as soon as I saw the title "American Holocaust," I knew I was fucked. Yep, lots of white male guilt in that class. I think the first words out of the teacher's mouth were something to the extent of "Since Columbus arrived in America over 500 (I may be wrong on that number, but I think that's what he said) million Indians have been slaughtered. I bet your public school teachers didn't tell you that did they? DID THEY?"

That was a long quarter.

Self checkout here actually lets you buy beer no questions asked. Not hard stuff, though.

Where is this? Every one that I've ever used requires you to present your ID to an employee. Sometimes, that means standing around for a minute or two waiting on the employee to finish helping somebody else while the people behind me groan impatiently. Yeah, me no like.

Oh, and this is at the Lucky up the street from me in Hayward. Pretty ghetto.

Actually this is generally in off peak hours, where the employee stands at a terminal and oks stuff with a keypad, and it is also a neighborhood store and most of the employees know me by sight, so that may have something to do with it. But I have seen other people do it too.

I took an African-American cinema class to get some credits, and the entire class period just involved the teacher saying things like, "The WHITE man is responsible for (insert ridiculous - but probably true in some way - scenario)...ALLLLLL designed to keep the black man and woman down."

Ha. In high school I had a handful of American History classes with an African American teacher who didn't disguise the fact that she had an anti-white agenda. She would go on and on about how the system was set up to portray her people in a negative light. Her daughter was also in my class. And she got knocked up at the age of sixteen.

EDIT: No homo.

huh?

No homo, as in, I told the truth.

I find your use of the term "African American" racist.

Aw, my bad...

Nigger.

I'm sure I've bitched about this before, probably in this thread, but I hate when people at the grocery store are getting a lot of groceries, there's no bagger besides the cashier, and not only do they not help the cashier bag their groceries but they're rude to him/her and picky about how they bag them. Last night the store was pretty crowded and they didn't have anyone available to bag in the lane we were in. The lady ahead of us had a decent amount of groceries, looked able enough, but wouldn't lift a finger to help the poor cashier bag the shit. And she was really bitchy about it with the "BIG SURE TO DOUBLE BAG. THIS STUFF IS HEAVY!" snapping at him. Plus the guy wasn't the fastest cashier in the world, so she was getting really impatient with him. Is it really that hard to bag some of the shit yourself? When I got up there a bagger became available and came over to bag my stuff, and I still helped.

That's funny cause I always try to help in situations like that but the Cashier never wants the help. I guess it's against the rules or something.

Guest Smues

Getting a MOTHERFUCKING 73 on a section of the CPA exam that requires a 75 to pass, and they don't give scores of 74s (I'm guessing to prevent people from being as angry as I am?) so basically I came as close to passing as possible without passing. Fuck me.

More supermarket shit:

These fucktards who, instead of walking thirty feet max to put their shopping cart up, just leave the damn thing in their parking place. Most of the time the cart works its way towards the middle of the spot, so you either have to get out and move it for them or resume your search for another place to park.

I get pissed when people leave bags of unwanted produce like two feet from where it should be.

Okay, you changed your mind and didn't want the peaches, that's fine. WHY LEAVE THEM ATOP OF THE NECTARINES? The peaches are like 1 step to the right of where you left them. Are you in such a hurry that you can't at least put the bag back on top of what it is?

Guest Smues

Ditto the shopping carts thing. It's not usually that hard to return them to a cart return.

Thirded on shopping carts. I'm not sure why that annoys me so much, but it does. You can push it all over the store, fill it up, lug it out to your car, but then not bother taking thirty seconds to put it up once it's empty? Plus, ::insert "pushing shopping carts makes me so damn strong" joke here::.

I find your use of the term "African American" racist.

So does my friend. We were just talking about this.

Umm...I guess I get a little angry when the same people who are all about freedom of speech get all pissy over stuff like Hustler magazine. I'm glad I live in a country where something someone said, wrote, drew, or whatever can offend me.

Since I work at a cellphone store, where a lot of customer stupidity happens. I get alot of people annoy me, that I want to beat them with their phone. I got a guy that came in the store today pissed, because I told that I couldn't take a required data feature off his phone to save him money. Im like you had phone for 6 months, and now you don't the phone more. Then he goes into typical "Im the Victim of they cellphone business" mode saying were screwing him.

Then had this old man getting pissed at me because I couldn't cash his rebate check at the store, do we look like a fucking bank muthafucka?

Oh, another thing I hate when people return the phone, usually stuff is never put back in the box and they're missing something that came with the phone. So when tell them I can't it back they get the nerve to get mad, im like shit did we sell this to you like that?

beat them with their phone.

MikeSC's girlfriend beat him for 20 minutes with a phone! :lol:

This reminds me, though, and though this should really go in the "things that please you thread", but fuck it, I have twice gone way over on my phonebill and talked to the reps (American girls both times, which probably had something to do with it), and they just erased the bill. I basically go all "Look, I didn't mean it! I don't have the money to pay this, so I'm just going to go delinquent and lose my phone... unless you can help? It won't happen again!" And it didn't... the first time was going over on my minutes, this time I sent hella more texts than I'm allowed... I just set up my plan for the infinite texts and they said I didn't have to pay the bill just this once.

Guest Vitamin X

I got half off my cable bill just because I threatened to cancel and switch to another company which doesn't even serve my area, then drove a hard bargain for it. They threw in Starz for free too. I love customer retention departments.

The funniest part is, I could totally live without cable, so it's pretty easy to play that whole song and dance. I'd have a harder time doing that with a cell phone since there's the $250 ETF that they can hang over your head if they feel like it, and it's pretty much my only means of communications besides the 'net. (which I have access to at work and other places anyways as well)

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I don't really understand cell phones in general. I mean, I do, but fuck having some way for people to reach me at any time. People pay for this? What a hassle.

I don't really understand cell phones in general. I mean, I do, but fuck having some way for people to reach me at any time. People pay for this? What a hassle.

Encouraged by my Telus and Rogers reps nearly verbatim, this was my best upselling pitch when I sold phones.

"I know, you just want it for emergency use, but eventually, people who call you will just say 'Well, why bother calling his house if he might not be there. He'll have his cell with him regardless of where he is, call that'"