TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I thought the show was good. It didn't really reveal too much, but rather set up the premise for the series with the two main characters taking over the show, and constructed the relationship they have with the network bosses and the crew. I'll definitely be watching to see where they go with all this. Anyone else watch?

Really liked it. Peet ruled, Whitford rule and by God did Perry rule. It was like if Chandler was an asshole hopped up on pain meds. Cool filming style and it looks like it'll stay that way with the majority of the series being filmed at night.

Was thinking of starting this thread myself but realized I didn't have much to say other than I really liked it. Reminded me of the glory days of the west wing. But Amanda Peet's character sucked, the same "tough sassy superWOMAANN" character. One scene of her showing just a little worry or fear that her plan wasn't gonna work would have done a lot for her character. Hopefully she takes a trip to Mandyville ;)

Was thinking of starting this thread myself but realized I didn't have much to say other than I really liked it. Reminded me of the glory days of the west wing. But Amanda Peet's character sucked, the same "tough sassy superWOMAANN" character. One scene of her showing just a little worry or fear that her plan wasn't gonna work would have done a lot for her character. Hopefully she takes a trip to Mandyville ;)

Don't you mean "SuperwomYn"? Yeah that's about the only problem I had too. I guess they're going to flesh out Peet's character later on. But yeah, I basically liked it. Weber was good as the oppresive, more than slightly slimy boss and Perry was awesome. I hope he gets to take his pain meds for at least the next several episodes.

Everything that I hoped it would be coming from Aaron Sorkin. I have been looking forward to this all summer as I like the premise of the show as well as the cast and the man that put it together. The show did a very good job of laying a foundation for many story arcs that they can play off and I am looking forward to following along. I just wish it wasn't on the same time as Monday Night Football but then that probably isn't the target audience. I will certainly be choosing Studio 60 for the forseeable future.

so is Sunday at 10 pm its regular timeslot? It seems like a bad timeslot, but what do I know I cant remember the last time I watched a regular show on Sunday night.

edit: err whoops, brainfart, it aired on monday not sunday. So Monday at 10 is the regular timeslot then?

My only complaint was that they hit us over the head with the open comparisons to the movie Network a little too hard. According to various sources last spring, Studio 60's fictional network was even going to be UBS.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The pilot is repeated on Bravo on Wednesday and Sunday at 11pm this week.

My only complaint was that they hit us over the head with the open comparisons to the movie Network a little too hard. According to various sources last spring, Studio 60's fictional network was even going to be UBS.

I don't know what you're talking about, hit us over the head with it. Just because they said "Network" for five minutes straight does NOT constitute hitting us over the head with something.

[/sarcasm]

Guest Felonies!

It's comedy that's too good to be funny!

This show has "obnoxious fanbase" written all over it. Two weeks until people start putting stills from it in their sigs.

This show has "obnoxious fanbase" written all over it. Two weeks until people start putting stills from it in their sigs.

Oh swell, the backlash is already beginning.

Is it too early to start complaining about how the show "went down hill after Sorkin left"? That's only a matter of time, as well.

Caught the replay on Bravo. Whitford and Perry have great chemistry together, and I thought the show itself was wonderful. I'll be flipping back and forth between Raw and this next week.

Guest Felonies!

This has the potential to be worse than Lost and Entourage combined.

Also, I remembered that I hate Matthew Perry, so it's already on a short leash with me.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Watch out folks, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is on a short leash with Felonies!

It was smart which is what I liked best about it. The obvious similarity to West Wing is great too, right down to production style. I found all the characters likable except for Steven Weber's character, who I didn't get a very good feel for, hopefully we will find out more about Whitford/Perry and his prior relationship. I'll be watching this one, and Heroes premieres this Monday between Deal or no Deal and Studio 60.

Guest Felonies!

This won't be a true Aaron Sorkin project until some eeeeeeeevil Republicans try to shut down their comedy show, but those ugly ignorant monsters shalt be no match for the bright and sophisticated Chandler.

This has the potential to be worse than Lost and Entourage combined.

So did you actually watch it yet?