TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Kurt Angle agent releases statement

Dear Angle Friends and Fans:

Kurt "The Machine" Angle wants to truly thank everyone for their concerns and best regards to his recovery and wellness. Kurt continues to read your kind messages and he feels truly blessed to have your support, as your well wishes continue to strengthen him mentally and physically. He also apologizes as he would love to reply to you everyone but unfortunately due to timing with his family, his rehabilitation, training, and business leaves very little time to converse.

Kurt wants me to update you, he's happy to express his physical condition is fastly rebounding. When Kurt left WWE, he was beaten and battered down at a mirror 220. Over the past many weeks with the right rest, a wonderful wife who is preparing the ideal diet, daily physical therapy, and back to good strength training we are happy to report he's up to a solid 240 with about 85% full flexibility....

As you may have seen or heard the latest news, Kurt Angle is a huge fan of all MMA programs (K1, UFC, PRIDE, WEC, and IFL to name a few) this former Olympic Gold Medalist and Extreme Athlete has the heart and the deep driven passion to show he's the best of the best. Angle has his sight on a full physical recovery and plans a day to put it all on the line....Real Fighter will have the exclusive....

Credit: PWInsider.com

Somehow I doubt his health has improved that much..

Guest Kobe24KGold

One hard shot to the head/neck region and Angle will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair with about 5 percent flexibility.

For the record I think this is bullshit and nothing but an attempt by Angles agent to keep his clients story warm. Kurt is worth absolutely nothing to WWE if everybody sees him getting tapped out or KO'd in a "real" promotion.

Pro Wrestling takes more punishment on your body then MMA.

While MMA maybe real, you only fight once every 4 months or so if your a money making superstar like Hughes, Liddell, Ortiz etc.

While Pro Wrestling is all year around, and like 4 shows in a week.

So in reality, Angle in MMA is less then a health risk then him in the WWE.

But in reality weather or not he'll be succesful is a question. Wrestler are usually prone to be armbar'd or choked out, because they give out their back.

Kevin Jackson was an olympic gold medalist in 1992 and he has 2 losses to Frank Shamrock and Jerry Bohlander, both by armbars.

To be a wrestler in MMA, you have to be smart on how to use your wrestling ability like Mark Coleman(who has defeated Kurt Angle in an amatuer bout) or Matt Lindland(2000 Silver Medalist in Greco Roman Wrestling)

I'd take some sick pleasure in seeing Lesnar absolutely destroy Angle with takedowns and strikes from the top.

Actually, replace Lesnar with any fighter and that's pretty much the case.

I find that hard to believe considering, Angle owned Lesnar in a wrestling bout backstage.

I bet a fortune Lesnar will be nothing in MMA other then a freak show, and will get his ass handed to him by any Top 20 HW.

Same with Angle.

I was talking about his value to the company, not his health. How can WWE expect fans to buy into Angle as the badass they once marketed him as if he gets the everloving shit beat out of him on national tv/ppv?

While MMA maybe real, you only fight once every 4 months or so if your a money making superstar like Hughes, Liddell, Ortiz etc.

What if he follows Jermany Horn around the counrty working the small shows?

I was talking about his value to the company, not his health. How can WWE expect fans to buy into Angle as the badass they once marketed him as if he gets the everloving shit beat out of him on national tv/ppv?

Especially if it's Daniel Puder that does it. :D

Allthough that could possibly make Puder a huge star in the Pro-Wrestling buisness if he came back.

What if he follows Jermany Horn around the counrty working the small shows?

Not going to happen.

Guest Kobe24KGold

You know Angle would rather suffer a broking freakin' arm than tap out to an armbar.

You know Angle would rather suffer a broking freakin' arm than tap out to an armbar.

It would still be stopped if that was the case. See Tim Sylvia vs. Frank Mir.

Angle is worth alot in UFC or Pride for a one or two shot deal. Not agains a MMA'er (except maybe Daniel Puder) but against a guy like Brock Lesnar. I dont think Angle would stand a chance against a professional fighter. That way it would be better to book pro-wrestler vs pro-wrestler in Angle vs Brock. I think it would draw as well.

However Kurt shouldnt really consider doing MMA or wrestling. I think the good health reports are untrue as well. He might be feeling better but after all his problems he cant be even 85%. And 85% of what really?