TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Kurt Angle agent releases statement

Guest Princess Leena
That's nothing but damage control.

85%?

He probally needs help getting dressed in the morning.

That's what I'm thinking.

How do you come up with something like 85% flexibility.

He can't move 15% of his body?

An Angle vs Lesnar match would probably draw wrestling fans in, but I think the MMA fans would crap all over it. It's bad enough Ortiz & Shamrock have a wrestling feud going on.

The Ortiz/Shamrock wrestling feud set MMA records, and MMA fans hated the idea of their second fight.

An Angle vs Lesnar match would probably draw wrestling fans in, but I think the MMA fans would crap all over it. It's bad enough Ortiz & Shamrock have a wrestling feud going on.

Problay in North America, but in Japan, this fight would be HUGE.

Trust me, people in Japan are lining up to see guys Bob Sapp, Akebono, Bobby Ologun, Butterbean, and Giant Silva.

Yeah but TUF fans, and wrestling fans probably don't even like the idea of the 3rd fight.

No one is really complaining since it's going to be on live TV instead of PPV.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Here is a funny exchange about it from DVDR:

Wouldn't it be funny if Angle and Shamrock are reminiscing about their time in the WWF/WWE and decided, "Fuck UFC," and had a worked pro-wrestling match in a UFC ring without telling anybody?

With ankle-lock reversals, Angle Slams, Belly to Belly suplexes, simultaneous SNAPPING {Angle: " (Pulls down strap)... ARGHHHHHHHHH; Shamrock: "GET OF MY WAY ARGHHHHHH"} and the like?

That would be hilarious.

---------------------------------------

Between the horror on Fucking Fucking Dana White's face and the fact that the NSAC would probably open the cage and put a stop to it in less than two minutes, hold purses, and possibly arrest them, it would be the greatest thing ever televised.

----------------------------------------

I was hoping that a double bladejob by both men would alleviate some of the suspicion :)

85%?

If you count shins, forearms, etc. as part of the body, then I think he's got better flexibility than almost everybody on Earth.

Yeah but TUF fans, and wrestling fans probably don't even like the idea of the 3rd fight.

I'll bet the number of casual fans who want to see that fight outnumber the MMA and wrestling fans who don't.

This is correct. I'm looking forward to it big time. If it delivers as it's been billed, I may start paying attention to this UFC business regularly instead of watching only when nothing else is on.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Can you smell it?

No, not that rank pussy that you were left with last Saturday night; I'm talking about Kurt Angle's new nickname!

The Ultimate Fighting MACHINE!!!

Here is a funny exchange about it from DVDR:

Wouldn't it be funny if Angle and Shamrock are reminiscing about their time in the WWF/WWE and decided, "Fuck UFC," and had a worked pro-wrestling match in a UFC ring without telling anybody?

With ankle-lock reversals, Angle Slams, Belly to Belly suplexes, simultaneous SNAPPING {Angle: " (Pulls down strap)... ARGHHHHHHHHH; Shamrock: "GET OF MY WAY ARGHHHHHH"} and the like?

That would be hilarious.

---------------------------------------

Between the horror on Fucking Fucking Dana White's face and the fact that the NSAC would probably open the cage and put a stop to it in less than two minutes, hold purses, and possibly arrest them, it would be the greatest thing ever televised.

----------------------------------------

I was hoping that a double bladejob by both men would alleviate some of the suspicion :)

That would be hilarious. I'd prefer them to do it MMA-wrestlings tyle though so that you wouldnt know for sure it was all "fake". It would be awesome with the simultaneous snapping.

I'll bet the number of casual fans who want to see that fight outnumber the MMA and wrestling fans who don't.

This is correct. I'm looking forward to it big time. If it delivers as it's been billed, I may start paying attention to this UFC business regularly instead of watching only when nothing else is on.

No offense to Kotz but this is another reason why I don't want Angle in MMA. It's bad enough that when Ultimate Fighter starts up you get an influx of uneducated mutants flooding the messageboards, we don't need to throw in the dredge of society that is pro wrestling fans too.

Guest ClockworkGreen

85%?

Range of motion on his joints? His neck would hurt the average though.

Yeah, it's all about range of motion. I mean, if you can do a split, it won't mean much if your neck can barely move back and forth or your arm can't move in a total circle without moving outside of rotation. Trust me, I know a guy that is a muscled freak, but his flexibility is so bad (and his body so tore up thanks probably to roids) he can't even clap his hands together. He can get them about 6 inches apart and they just can't get any closer.

Guest Princess Leena

Please don't flame me MMA people since I know little about it... but, are any of their matches fixed? Because they're trained fighters, and I don't see Angle lasting long against any of them.

There are few outright works, but, like in boxing, you'll get guys matched up where one of them has zero chance in winning which is almost as good as fixing the fight. UFC, which is where Angle might be going, had some dodgy fights in their past, specifically Oleg Taktarov vs. Anthony Macias from UFC VI, but they haven't had a fight like that in many years.

It wouldn't surprise me if they worked a match for Angle without telling him, leading him to believe he's a monster before he gets trucked.

By they, I mean any other organization besides the UFC.

If he stays at 240lbs who's the champion in that weight class?

In UFC I meant.

Tim Sylvia. Big (6'8, 255lbs+) striker with a weak submission game but decent takedown defense.

With the earlier talks regarding Brock Lesnar doing a fight with Angle, being a big draw in Japan and UFC. How much interest does Dana have in Lesnar without Angle? I have to imagine that while Lesnar doesn’t have nearly the clout that Angle does (being a longer tenured worker, especially during the peak of WWE’s popularity and of course, the gold medal) but Lesnar still boasts a credible enough sell with his WWE background and his NCAA accomplishments. The real selling point is his size and look.

Angle, would be promoted as a “real” fighter returning to his game after years of being a pretend fighter. Angle, has significantly higher name value then Brock Lesnar would ever dream of and more so then a vast majority of the regular UFC fighters.

How much clout could Brock obtain without the assistance of the Angle draw in the pocket?

So a large man fully capable of permanently crippling him is what you're saying.

Most of them look like boring heavyweight boxers. If Kurt Angle can't fight a former pro-wrestler than he is in a world of hurt.

So a large man fully capable of permanently crippling him is what you're saying.

Most of them look like boring heavyweight boxers. If Kurt Angle can't fight a former pro-wrestler than he is in a world of hurt.

I fail to see how that applies to Vera, Arlovski, Monson, Gonzaga, Silva or Neto.

Also, Liddell is a weight class below, which Angle could've probably have fought in once upon a time.