TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - September/22nd/2006.

Guest netslob

that's the problem, they keep trying to manufacture it instead of letting it happen naturally. or they just fuck it up.

Remember 18 months ago, when WWE couldn't decide who was the right guy to push between Cena and Batista and actually had to physically get a live gauge from the crowd to confirm that Batista was the "MAN"...now Cena is used to make Batista look like a bigger star.

Batista, has fallen since the HHH program. He really needs a good rival to maintain interest from the fans.

Decent show overall.

The opening segment was good. Loved it when Booker got pissed and ditched the royal accent for street talk.

Liked the opening tag match. I'd like to see Regal get some pins, though.

Divas stuff was pointless, but JBL referencing Amy Weber leaving in Japan is always fun.

The Miz is great. Fuck the haters. I love how the announcers try to make him seem like a face, but he's such a jackass that he gets some of the loudest heat on the show. Celebrating after an arm-drag and a body slam was a nice touch to his character.

Good stuff with Hardy and Helms. They have good chemistry, and I liked the finish.

I love it when WWE throws out the word "rape" to make storylines seem more serious. It always seems so forced and unintentionally funny. I think the last time the word was used was when the The Big Show was "raped of his dignity" after being tranq'ed and having his head shaved by Kurt Angle.

The Rey/Chavo feud is still awful.

Even if there's only 3 teams, I like that at least some effort is being put into the tag division. I think they really missed the boat by not doing a 3-team feud earlier in the year with L/K, Mexicools, and MNM. This feud isn't quite as appealing (thanks to the blandness of James and Stevens), but it's still not too bad. I also like L/K getting put over as legit champs.

Cena on SD next week? Eh, should be a fun match.

Booker/UT was hurt by the typical UT tv match finish. I know people love Booker's gimmick and all, but looking past that, has his reign been any better than Rey's? Not from where I stand.

Good show.

I don't get the Miz. He acts like a face but gets heel heat. JBL makes him great.

Sylvan got more heat in Montreal than Anyone on smackdown except for Batista, Rey Jr. and Taker.

Rey/Chavo is growing on me. I still don't like Vickie Guerrero's involvement but nothing i can do about it.

King Booker continues to be the best wrestler in the WWE today. And it has nothing to do with wrestling. I can't wait next week to see King/Cena.

You know what's sad? It took me until tonight to realize that when JBL referred to losing his image consultant in Japan he was talking about Amy Weber. Perhaps he's being a bit too inside with those comments? Hell, I'd totally forgotten about her.

Well, I thought it was a GREAT show that really helped introduce people to Smackdown if they were tuning in for the first time. It had the vibe of the first SNME of this year, where people were introducing each other and we got good progress in the big feuds going on.

I really enjoyed the intro... but really, ANYTHING could have been better than the very badly-done intro and graphics that were there before. Which means I really dug the new graphics too, period.

Overall I couldn't really complain about this show at all, since complaining about no new set this week is rather futile (supershow). I sure hope we get a new one next week. I know I'll be watching. 8-)

Well, I thought it was a GREAT show that really helped introduce people to Smackdown if they were tuning in for the first time. It had the vibe of the first SNME of this year, where people were introducing each other and we got good progress in the big feuds going on.

I really enjoyed the intro... but really, ANYTHING could have been better than the very badly-done intro and graphics that were there before. Which means I really dug the new graphics too, period.

Overall I couldn't really complain about this show at all, since complaining about no new set this week is rather futile (supershow). I sure hope we get a new one next week. I know I'll be watching. 8-)

A new stage isn't impossible, as they really just need a rotating platform for the Supershows. The Titan-tron needs an upgrade anyways.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
So is Miz an annoying heel or an annoying face?

Annoying heel. All his opponents have been babyfaces.

Oh yeah, one more thing... When are they gonna pull the trigger on the Tatanka heel turn after getting screwed by bad ref calls in every match? And where do they go with him from there?

Remember 18 months ago, when WWE couldn't decide who was the right guy to push between Cena and Batista and actually had to physically get a live gauge from the crowd to confirm that Batista was the "MAN"...now Cena is used to make Batista look like a bigger star.

Batista, has fallen since the HHH program. He really needs a good rival to maintain interest from the fans.

What did you expect after being the Smackdown superstar guest of the week at the 2nd home of ECW?

Another great Smackdown. I loved the hot crowd. Batista-Lashley/Regal-Finlay was decent. Hardy/Helms was good. Pitbulls/London-Kendrick/K.C. James-Idol Stevens was solid. Taker/Booker was good. I'm looking forward to Taker/Kennedy at No Mercy.

A great show, except for the diva crap and the Miz. At least Vito was left out.

So is Miz an idiot face, or is he a heel playing face and neither of the announcers realize it?

my question exactly, Cole seems to like him and JBL hates him, yet Miz has faced all faces on SD and has acted "heelish" since he was dropped in favor of Todd to host the diva finals show

That match sucked.

And why the fuck does SYLVAN of all people go over in his hometown when seemingly everyone else in the company jobs in his hometown?

because his opponent was Tatanka

You know what's sad? It took me until tonight to realize that when JBL referred to losing his image consultant in Japan he was talking about Amy Weber. Perhaps he's being a bit too inside with those comments? Hell, I'd totally forgotten about her.

really? i got the joke immediately since that was the last time we saw her, but then again that comes mostly from remembering that night, JBL pretended to be shot accidentally by a tranc gun by Amy to lure Big Show into a trap(in the process he tried to fight a blow up Godzilla)