TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - September/22nd/2006.

Don't miss the Season Premiere of Smackdown on CW!

Tonight marks the long-awaited premiere of Smackdown on the CW Network. The program that is changing Friday nights will make the transition in grand fashion as Smackdown brings a huge night of action to the CW Network.

Cena to make Smackdown appearance.

New WWE Champion and Raw superstar, John Cena will make a special Friday night appearance to personally thank General Manager Theodore Long for the Smackdown contract offer. WWE.com has learned that Long has something special in mind for the visiting Champion.

Challenge from the grave.

WWE.com has also learned that Vito has voluntarily surrendered his opportunity at King Booker's World Heavyweight Championship tonight. Instead, the dress-wearing fan-favorite has passed the match on to the legendary Undertaker. What will happen when "The Deadman" makes a rare Smackdown appearance and enters King Booker's Royal Smackdown Kingdom at the huge CW premiere?

Bitter family fued continues.

We also know that Rey Mysterio will face Chavo Guerrero tonight. Last week, the Chavo-Vickie business partnership once again found a way to distract the downtrodden Mysterio. Rey looked as though he was finally back on his game when he entered the arena with his son, Dominick. However, when he saw Chavo and Vickie enter his private locker room where Dominick was watching the match, Rey's smile gave way to an apprehensive stare and United States Champion Mr. Kennedy capitalized on the distraction to score the win. Will Chavo and Vickie still be in Rey's head this week on CW? Can Rey finally settle the score when he meets Chavo in the ring for the first time since SummerSlam?

"The Animal" to kickoff CW premiere.

Also, former World Heavyweight Champion and CW acting star Batista will open the CW premiere. What will "The Animal" have to say on his first night in his new home?

World Heavyweight Title Match

King Booker (with Queen Sharmell) .VS. Undertaker.

SummerSlam Rematch

Rey Mysterio .VS. Chavo Guerrero (with Vickie Guerrero).

I hope that whatever Teddy has in mind for Cena has to do with some sort of start to building up Survivor Series. What else could it be?

A one-shot deal done for no other reason than to cheaply inflate SmackDown's rating on its first night on a new network? Nah........

Smackdown hasn't beaten ECW in the ratings in over 2 months...I wonder if they'll do it tonight.

really? I thought there was some sort of difference between network ratings and cable ratings (or so I thought I read).

I remember a while ago (a REALLY long while) where someone pointed out that while Raw had a bigger rating, more people were watching Smackdown. I think that was around the time of the Eddy/Rey storyline.

Besides, SD has slowly been dropped everywhere by big market areas due to the CW switch. I sure hope they start off strong today!

Non-Spoiler Smackdown Preview:

Batista & Bobby Lashley .VS. Fit Finlay & Sir William Regal.

Non-Title Match: WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms .VS. Matt Hardy.

Tatanka .VS. Sylvan Grenier.

"The Miz" .VS. Funaki.

Rey Mysterio .VS. Chavo Guerrero (with Vickie Guerrero).

WWE Tag Team Titles, Triple Threat Match: Paul London & Brian Kendrick .VS. Kid Kash & Jamie Noble .VS. KC James & Idol Stevens (with Michelle McCool).

World Heavyweight Title Match: King Booker (with Sharmell) .VS. Undertaker.

Possible Stupid Question Alert: With Dominick being involved in this whole Guerrero storyline, have they made any reference to the "I'm your Papi" angle from last summer?

Guest netslob
So is Miz an annoying heel or an annoying face?

according to the crowd, and annoying heel.

You know what I'm worried about?

How much longer till the Gymini make their return, if they do?

It's too bad that F.B.I and Doane/Jeter are stuck in nothingness because they could make this division perfect.

I really think they should just ship Doane/Jeter and repackage them to Smackdown and unify the two tag belts and make Smackdown the home of TAG TEAM WRESTLING. Let Raw claim to be the home of the woman's division by sending Jillian over there.