TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

1 year factory warranty out of the box.

MS's "90 days" bullshit is ghey.

Of course, Playstation products tend to die just outside of warranty anyway...at least 360s had the decency to fail right out of the box all of the time.

Resistance is pretty cool so far but very old school. The level and enemy design is straight out of a 32 bit era FPS just with a bigger scope. Feels outdated after games like Gears. I love the atmosphere, the story is told with what looks like old black and white art that transitions into gameplay.

I just had to shake the SIXAXIS for the first time. An enemy grabbed me and I had to move it around to get loose. Feels really weird....it's so light it barely feels like I am doing anything at all. Rumble would have helped. :(

I never thought it being gone would have any impact until playing this. I am so used to it in FPS, it's like the main way I recognize I am being shot at.

January?! Holy shit! <3 Namco!

I'm so ready to never play 5.0 again. Julia gets to be competitive again! No more random 3,1,1 beating her whole offense!

Only problem with this is that I now have to get a PS3 by January. How did you find one? Am I realistically going to be able to get one at list price?

An employee at Toys R Us held one for me. If you start looking hard you'll probably be able to. Supposedly stores get weekly shipments, they just don't get many. Ebay might be worth checking out, especially if you want to settle for the 20 gig. From what I've read prices have gone way down, there are just too many flooding Ebay.

There are a few dozen of the 20GB consoles lying around my local GameStop. The manager said that they had only managed to sell in the single digits of the 40 they have received so far.

What happened to region free? Japanese DVDs and PS2 games don't work. :(

I am starting to be very impressed with Resistance! Some of the early levels are very linear and basic, the kind of level design you'd find in a late 90's FPS. Now the battles are getting bigger with some huge areas and boss monsters. Great weapon design too. All of the guns feel satisfying and powerful and there's some very clever weapons here, like a spike grenade you throw that floats in the air for a second before exploding throwing the shards everywhere. I just got a new grenade type that spits out flammable gas that eventually explodes burning up everything near by. This game has the best grenades ever.

What happened to region free? Japanese DVDs and PS2 games don't work. :(

Only for PS3 games. PS2/PS1 games and regular DVDs are still locked out if they're different regions.

Guest Paul

My friend is on his SECOND PS3 right now. They keep overheated...even in cold rooms with plenty of air.

PS3 is the new Foreman grill.

Guest Smues
My friend is on his SECOND PS3 right now. They keep overheated...even in cold rooms with plenty of air.

PS3 is the new Foreman grill.

I've never had a problem with Foreman grills.

The Wal-Mart here got 8 in this morning. I didn't even notice them at first, but I overheard these 2 guys talking to someone who works there. There were 3 left at about noon today and I was tempted to get one, but I can't justify spending over $700 right now. First time I'd seen any for sale anywhere.

Guest NYankees
Does the PS3 have a standard HDMI connection, or does it have some sort of proprietary connection? In other words, can you just use a standard HDMI cable with it?

Yes. I just hooked up my friends PS3 to his new HDTV the other day.

Can I save Playstion 1 and 2 games onto the Hard drive?

Only the ones you could on PS2 like RE Outbreak and FF XI.

Now that I beat Resistance I have nothing to do until T5DR comes out. I guess play PS2 games. I need to wear in the Sixaxis dpad before DR comes out.

The baby av is the greatest. I will only bring back Julia when this baby stops making me laugh.

I'll get VF5 just for the sake of having something to play. I think it looks good, I especially like the animation, but I have no interest in playing it casually much and no one plays it seriously. I'll play it for a couple weeks then it will collect dust.

I read it lists the frame data for moves in practice mode. Pretty cool and I wonder why no one has ever done that. Beats trial and error and books written in Japanese.

I'm starting to see PS3 systems while I'm just out in town. I saw two of them at a GameStop on Saturday, as well as at other places.

I never thought I'd be able to buy a PS3 (I don't want to right now) before I could buy a Wii.

Does the PS3 have a standard HDMI connection, or does it have some sort of proprietary connection? In other words, can you just use a standard HDMI cable with it?

Yes. I just hooked up my friends PS3 to his new HDTV the other day.

Gracias.

And the good news keeps coming for Sony

MGS4 Rumored for Xbox 360, Is Konami forcing Kojima's hand?

December 18, 2006 - With Microsoft's one-year-old console gaining a steady install base in North America and Europe, Konami executives have switched their positions on an outright Metal Gear Solid 4-PlayStation 3 exclusive, telling Hideo Kojima to bring the game to Xbox 360, says Electronic Gaming Monthly in its December issue.

One year ago Konami's Hideo Kojima was quoted as saying that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was technically possible on Xbox 360. Now it's not only technically possible, it's perhaps financially feasible as well. EGM's rumor mill produced the short article and it's worth noting that no sources were supplied, no quotes were given, and no reasoning was provided behind the alleged move. It's pure rumor, one that Konami executives have refused to comment on or entertain in public since the game's announcement on PlayStation 3. When contacted today, Konami officials said "These are just rumors."

Still, the notion that MGS4 could come to Xbox 360 makes a little more sense today than it did four months ago. Back then, we couldn't see the state of disarray that Sony was in. Now, with Sony's rough launch, limited unit numbers and high price tag, perhaps Konami executives are seeing how fiscally prudent an Xbox 360 version would be. That doesn't mean it is happening. It's still just a rumor; but one worth mulling over.

The cons of such an argument are many. Sony and Konami are long-time partners. Metal Gear Solid 3 never came to Xbox, as MGS2 sold unimpressive numbers. But MGS4 is a technical showcase and a guaranteed system-mover for Sony. The series has been one of Sony's biggest weapons since MGS on PlayStation and even more so with MGS2 on PS2. Pundits and industry analysts say that Sony is working with Konami with both technical and financial means to keep the exclusive secure.

But so what? Contracts have limits. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas came to Xbox, and GTA4 is coming day and date to Xbox 360 with the PS3 version. Other Japanese publishers are considering the weight of Xbox 360 and are shifting their own once-Sony exclusives to Xbox 360, too. (We'll have more on that later.) The most likely scenario, if this rumor has any legs to it, is that Konami has signed a contract with Sony restricting its port to another system for some time; as soon as the contract is up, MGS 4 will ship on Xbox 360. Will that be three, six or 12 months? If MGS4 is due for fall release on PS3 (no official date has been released), then count on a minimum of six months. In other words, if the rumor proves true, count on a 2008 release.