TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

A fellow that I work with and I headed to our local Best Buy this morning. We were told yesterday by a Best Buy customer service rep, that they were going to be replinished with a small amount of PS3's this morning, so we wanted to make sure we got one for each of us. So, anyways, we both got there around 645 am. By 830, the line grew to a total of 10 people who had all been told the same thing. Well, 9 am gets here, and the store opens. NOT A SINGLE PS3!

We were obviously a little pissed off at the fact that none of the morning employees bothered to let anyone waiting know that they did not receive any of the systems. I wouldnt have been upset at all if I had been told that they didnt have any. I wouldve simply counted my losses, and went home to catch up on some sleep. It wouldve beat the hell out of waiting for 2 hours only to find out they had no systems. Wish I had remembered the name of the employee that gave me the info yesterday.

I just don't get it. It's funny how every system launch over the last few years has been like this. It's like people never think "Gee, in six months another system is going to be coming out that might be better than this."

It's actually more like 6 years until the better system comes out. But it still doesn't explain why people go batshit crazy over these launches. I think it's just because people are pretentious and want to be condescending about having the new video game console before everyone else. It's really, really pathetic and sad.

I don't get why anyone would pay 2000 on ebay for a fucking Playstation when you could get a gaming PC for that much (or cheaper) that will smoke the PS3 in terms of power, game quality, and game library; AND will be upgradable.

Idiots.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
I just don't get it. It's funny how every system launch over the last few years has been like this. It's like people never think "Gee, in six months another system is going to be coming out that might be better than this."

Probably because no other system is coming out in six months.

I don't get why anyone would pay 2000 on ebay for a fucking Playstation when you could get a gaming PC for that much (or cheaper) that will smoke the PS3 in terms of power, game quality, and game library; AND will be upgradable.

Idiots.

Because having a gaming PC is "geeky."

In my little mall sojourn today, i played the Wii (over in the other thread), also saw a Ps3 in action though didn't play it. It was some dirtbike/dirt-car game. Have no idea what the actual game was.

I have to say, the graphics were outstanding, though I think it was being run an HDTV (it musta been, right? dont they look less impressive on normal res TVs). I just stood there staring at it, it was like photorealistic. But I have zero insight on whether the gameplay was good or not, but it was stopping everybody in their tracks to watch. I dont really watch high quality internet videos (only smaller lower res ones) so it never quite hit me how it would look. This is gonna have no problem selling, assuming ppl pony up the high price tag.

Guest Smues

I played NBA07 on the PS3 set-up at Bestbuy. Graphics were nice but nothing spectacular. Was fun, until the system crashed.

In my little mall sojourn today, i played the Wii (over in the other thread), also saw a Ps3 in action though didn't play it. It was some dirtbike/dirt-car game. Have no idea what the actual game was.

Motorstorm.

I have to say, the graphics were outstanding, though I think it was being run an HDTV (it musta been, right? dont they look less impressive on normal res TVs). I just stood there staring at it, it was like photorealistic.

I wouldn't say photorealistic. It still looks like a video game. Just a very pretty one.

I think it was being run an HDTV (it musta been, right? dont they look less impressive on normal res TVs).

It definitely was--all of the PS3 stuff is being shown on HDTVs, just like the 360 displays.

Problem is, not many folks who will be getting a PS3 are going to see graphics anything like that in their own homes.

I played NBA07 on the PS3 set-up at Bestbuy. Graphics were nice but nothing spectacular. Was fun, until the system crashed.

A first run Sony system crashing? Surely you jest!

Not that I think Sony's QA on their hardware is up to snuff on this first run, but if that PS3 was in one of those plastic boxes that Best Buy likes to use, I'd wonder if it just overheated.

Motorstorm.

I have to say, the graphics were outstanding, though I think it was being run an HDTV (it musta been, right? dont they look less impressive on normal res TVs). I just stood there staring at it, it was like photorealistic.

I wouldn't say photorealistic. It still looks like a video game. Just a very pretty one.

I think it was being run an HDTV (it musta been, right? dont they look less impressive on normal res TVs).

It definitely was--all of the PS3 stuff is being shown on HDTVs, just like the 360 displays.

Problem is, not many folks who will be getting a PS3 are going to see graphics anything like that in their own homes.

There really is no reason to buy a 360 or Ps3 unless you have a HDTV, those systems were built for hi-def Tv's. It's not the same without them.

After careful consideration, I decided that unless Sony decides to FIX the 1080i non-compatability issue with the PS3, then I am getting a 360 instead which supports 1080i and 1080p. Sony doesn't have the amount of exclusives anymore that they used to, so it makes the decision easier. Bidding farewell to Ratchet & Clank is going to suck hard though.

Looks like the PS3 resale market has died down, I just saw an auction end for 800 bucks, and most seem to be hovering at the $1,000 range.

Figured that would happen since EVERYBODY was saying "I'm gonna get one to sell on eBay". It was really only the first day, maybe the 2nd, where any money was to be made.

Guest Princess Leena

I question how many of those early sells actually get $1000+ since there were tons of pissed fakers out there.

I think I was the only one that said the huge oversaturation plus the already far too high retail price, wouldn't make this worthwhile.

Bill O'Reilly being Bill O'Reilly (read: douchebag) --

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/11/18/bill-or...t-in-that-order

If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.

Now, maybe I'm just too stupid of a geek to understand that rant (after all, I just fix computers), but it seems Bill O'Reilly is worried for America because we are able to spend time and money on leisure activities, while the OMGTEARWRISTS are learning to kill and stuff.

Obviously you whippersnappers would be better off in the Army. Why, there oughta be a government program to force you to join the military! That would be a positive direction for America.

Looks like the PS3 resale market has died down, I just saw an auction end for 800 bucks, and most seem to be hovering at the $1,000 range.

Figured that would happen since EVERYBODY was saying "I'm gonna get one to sell on eBay". It was really only the first day, maybe the 2nd, where any money was to be made.

Since the December shipment is going to be small as well, people should hold on to them for Christmas because the desperation by parents who can't find one in stores after being told by an idiot clerk that "we are getting more in december before christmas" will happen again.

So has anyone heard or read anything regarding a reaction by Sony to consumer concerns about the PS3 HD-ability only working with 1080p and not 1080i? Are they planning to fix this with future models of the PS3? Out of the two machines I WOULD spend the extra cash on a PS3, but not if it won't work with 1080i.

So has anyone heard or read anything regarding a reaction by Sony to consumer concerns about the PS3 HD-ability only working with 1080p and not 1080i? Are they planning to fix this with future models of the PS3? Out of the two machines I WOULD spend the extra cash on a PS3, but not if it won't work with 1080i.

Perhaps the magical Firmware Fairy will get to work on that.

Guest Smues

PS3

This description will be simple.

You read right this is a one bid win situation and yes it says $1,000,000.00. It's a shot in the dark, and this auction is mainly for the wealthy of course (no offense to anyone) though I thought that someone who had the money could help others such as myself with this buy, I have hopes of opening my own Game store.

It is a great buy too, this is what you will receive:

Playstation 3 Game Console (60GB)

1 Blue-Ray HD-DVD of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (comes with the system)

3 Games: Resistance: Fall of Man, Genji, and Call of Duty 3

1 Extra Wireless controller (one comes with the system so that makes it 2)

HDMI Cables (essential for the full graphics power of the PS3)

The picture shows everything you will receive, and also the receipt from purchase (Cost: $970)

That's basically it and again Please only bid if you can afford it, I will also be open to offers. If the System does in fact sell for $1,000,000.00 then I will donate 10% of that to a charity through Ebay.

Payment is ONLY through PayPal and only ship to the USA.

Shipping: Will be done depending on payment received (immediate payment please) will be shipped same day, if not then Overnight shipping with Tracking number.

Oh yeah if this does sell, please make sure that you give me a way to contact you so when the Game Store opens you will have a major discount or even some free stuff.

Thank You

1163826170349kt3.jpg

:lol:

How many total PS3s were released in the US?

I believe the number was about only 400,000.

How long did it take for the PS2 heat to die down before the console got shipped in regular every week or so?

So a local Buffalo station (103.3) Decide to chuck a PS3 over Niagara Falls yesterday. They are now searching for it in the Niagara River to find any remains.

Bill O'Reilly being Bill O'Reilly (read: douchebag) --

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/11/18/bill-or...t-in-that-order

If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.

Now, maybe I'm just too stupid of a geek to understand that rant (after all, I just fix computers), but it seems Bill O'Reilly is worried for America because we are able to spend time and money on leisure activities, while the OMGTEARWRISTS are learning to kill and stuff.

Obviously you whippersnappers would be better off in the Army. Why, there oughta be a government program to force you to join the military! That would be a positive direction for America.

Yeah, because most of the people who regularly use eBay are millionaires.

snowrangel.JPG

I want to bring back the draft....those rich Harvard kids need to serve a 3 year tour of duty in Iraq.