TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

We received a fax at my store today (Rhino Games) saying that Sony has decided to only sell the PS3 on launch day at their "biggest selling stores". It looks like on places like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. will be seeing systems on launch day. It really sucks for places like Gamestop and EB Games that have filled all those pre-orders.

Unbelievable. The fact that someone would willingly part with close to $10,000 for a system without even any killer apps, just to own it first, is insane.

That's gotta be some kind of fake bid, maybe some bidders are lashing out at the ebay scalpers?

OMG.

$9,100 for a fuckin PS3.

God.

You realize, you could buy a pretty decent used car for that amount. Some people living in this country, that's easily half or even three fourths of their entire yearly salary.

There was just a bit on FOX News about how the PS3 can't play all previous PS2 games, and that Sony admits it to be so. That's the first time I've heard that from a mainstream news source.

Best Buy boots PS3 line just days before the launch!

I Wonder if they left the parking lot. If they were up for waiting all this time, then the smart thing would be to just go back to their car and wait there.

There was just a bit on FOX News about how the PS3 can't play all previous PS2 games, and that Sony admits it to be so. That's the first time I've heard that from a mainstream news source.

I Wonder if they left the parking lot. If they were up for waiting all this time, then the smart thing would be to just go back to their car and wait there.

Or realize how pathetic their lives are and go do something worthwhile with their time and come back later. One of the two.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Do you want a PS3?? Are you planning on camping out for the new ass kicking Playstation 3? Feeling uncertain that it might not be safe to wait in line by yourself?

My name's Willie. My friends call me Big Brotha Willie. I will stand in line next to you when the store opens and help you secure your purchase. I am 6'7" with a body like a professional body builder. I have worked for night clubs in San Francisco and am able to hurl a 160lb body 10 feet off the curb.

We will be friends for the last 2-3 hours of your wait in line. Anyone that tries to cut in front of you will get a straight uppercut to the face. When the store opens, for $50 extra I will leave the line and start throwing elbows if last minute a$$holes start rushing the door.

I don't care what store it is, I will go with you. Maybe afterwards we can hang out at your place and play some games. Maybe not.

1163568494844fa3.jpg

Rant, you heard truth. When I went to EB yesterday to pick up SD, they told me PS3's had been cut across the continent.

Something by like 2/3 in Canada, from 100,000 to about 35,000. The Wal*mart I work at is already down to 4 from 12....and we still dont know what bundles.

There is already a line of about 10-15 people at my local Walmart. They are being forced to wait outside, in the rain. The store is only getting ten of the systems, a combination of both versisons, and the only people who will be allowed a chace at one of them are those who are sitting in one of the chairs that Walmart has outside.

Well, I was just at a Best Buy in St. Louis tonight (they have demo models of both the Wii and the PS3, btw), and despite the fact that it's in the low 40's, raining, and they're predicting 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow, there were five tents set up outside of the story at 4 o'clock tonight. The wind was blowing so hard, the campers had to bring shopping carts into their tents to keep them anchored.

This shit cracks me up.

When the 360 came out, my friend went to the local BBs, WMs etc in this area of Long Island and couldn't find any. So he just drove east on the Island to the Riverhead Best Buy where there were about 5 left around 2 or so.

I saw people lined up at a Best Buy for the PS3.....and I want to go fuck with them. My plans so far are this;

1. Get a megaphone and start insulting the PS3 and those who are standing in line. Not out right insult them, but poke fun at them.

2. Put a tent up, dress up in Nintendo stuff, and claim that this is the Nintendo Wii line and the actual PS3 line is on the other side of the buidling.

3. Randomly cut someone in line and thank them for holding my spot and continue acting like nothing is wrong and I had been there the entire time.

4. Act as a National Tent Inspector!

5. Before the store closes, run out of the store telling people they only have 3. (This would work better if I had a Best Buy shirt)

tell them the line for the PS4 in 2012 is on the other side of the building, and they better hurry.

I saw people lined up at a Best Buy for the PS3.....and I want to go fuck with them. My plans so far are this;

1. Get a megaphone and start insulting the PS3 and those who are standing in line. Not out right insult them, but poke fun at them.

2. Put a tent up, dress up in Nintendo stuff, and claim that this is the Nintendo Wii line and the actual PS3 line is on the other side of the buidling.

3. Randomly cut someone in line and thank them for holding my spot and continue acting like nothing is wrong and I had been there the entire time.

5. Before the store closes, run out of the store telling people they only have 3. (This would work better if I had a Best Buy shirt)

You won't do that. Plus you'd look like an even bigger loser since most of them are making over $700 on reselling it.

You won't do that. Plus you'd look like an even bigger loser since most of them are making over $700 on reselling it.

Now why wouldn't I do that?

Dude, I don't want to have anything to do with the PS3. I don't want one and I don't think I'll ever want one, how would I makeself seem like a bigger loser because I don't want a PS3?

Now why wouldn't I do that?

Dude, I don't want to have anything to do with the PS3. I don't want one and I don't think I'll ever want one, how would I makeself seem like a bigger loser because I don't want a PS3?

Putting forth all that effort just to mock PS3 buyers only makes you a bigger douche. Plus don't you have better things to do with your time than waste it insulting people in a line.

That shit will get you killed, Scroby.

Or maybe, someone will try to kill the people standing in line!

Four People Shot While Waiting for PlayStation Console, Including 27 NEWSFIRST Reporter

People Standing In Line For Video Game Hit By BBs.

Police are investigating a drive-by shooting involving people waiting in line for a video game.

Dozens of people camped out in front the Best Buy store on Nicholasville Road. They're hoping to get their hands on a Sony PlayStation 3 console. But the wait turned serious when someone drove by and fired shots at people waiting in line.

Four people were hit by the BB pellets, including 27 NEWSFIRST reporter Elizabeth Dorsett. She was interviewing someone in line at the time. None of them were seriously hurt.

Police came to the store to investigate. They're still looking for a suspect.

Lexington Police say they'll stay at the Best Buy to make sure people in line stay safe.

The PlayStation 3 goes on sale Friday morning at eight. The consoles are selling for more than $600 a piece.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/4661551.html

Guest NYankees

Ebay is restricting sales of the PS3. Only people who have done over 50 transactions have an approval rating of over 98 percent can sell a PS3. You also have to provide a photo of the receipt and the system to be able to sell.