TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Felonies!

Let's write Tommy Lasorda commercials

Guest Felonies!

What the hell is wrong with you. So you were the worst team in the National League. So your manager was a joke. So what if the last time your North Siders played October baseball, you had a collapse of epic proportions, and you had to watch your city's other team finally win last year? THAT'S NO REASON NOT TO WATCH THIS YEAR! Watch the big boys actually play the right way, and maybe if you're lucky, somebody will choke worse than you did. Now put the TV on. PUT IT ON!

For god sakes, the Eagles are only on once a week anyway! You can still catch your Terrell Owens updates during commercials! You can still catch ex-Phillies like Endy Chavez, Marlon Anderson, Placido Polanco and Bobby Abreu. And you know what really burns me, the pitch counts! I once pitched for 15 innings, walked 25 guys and struck out 15. And did I come out of the game? No! Because in my day, they paid you for nine innings and god damnit, you pitched for nine innings. Pitch counts?! PITCH COUNTS?! GAAARR!! Tommy Angry! Tommy SMASH!!!!!!!!

Guest Felonies!

So you're sad because not even doctoring baseballs got you in the playoffs. Not even Todd Helton got you in the playoffs. Not even sucking up to God got you in the playoffs!! Well if you're not a Dodger fan, you're not getting into heaven OR the playoffs. Since you're all going to hell, you might as well enjoy the 2006 Postseason!

So what if management is actively sabotaging your favorite team? Who cares if the number of people who personally witnessed Anibal Sanchez' no-hitter was roughly equal to the attendance at your average AA meeting? And what's the big deal if the manager who took what was basically a AAA team and made them serious playoff contenders was fired two days after the season ended? It's the playoffs, damn it. Time for you to enjoy the teams that aren't being constructed to lose and to push out of your mind the fact that Las Vegas will be the home for your ballclub two years from now. To the TV!

Ainsi, votre team n'est pas sur le playoffs cette ans... en fait, vous n'avez pas une team á tout! Mais c'est bon, vous étiez trop occupée avec le training camp des Canadiens, et vous n'avez pas donné un merde au sujet de baseball de toute façon... ainsi, oui, baisez vous.

Dammit Slayer, in English so I can understand you. ...ahem... Continuing on!

So you have a clubhouse brawl, you signed a .500 pitcher for billions, and your team only gets to brag that you didn't end up in third. But that all doesn't matter! Watching the playoffs will make all that pain go away.

Dammit Slayer, in English so I can understand you.

It's not my fault Quebec is so Anglophobic

Plus I thought all you people up there had to learn the language, even if only 10% of your populace actually uses it

So what if you're general manager thought that Preston Wilson was the 'big bat' that would carry your offense through the season? Who cares if your manager was too busy grooming his moustache to notice that Brad Lidge's command and brain are both hopelessly lost? You really had Wandy Rodriguez as your third starter? Get over it! Morgan Ensberg and Jason Lane had batting averages roughly equivalent to the price of chicken by the pound? Quit crying, cowboy, because Jeff Kent might not be an Astro anymore, but he is a Dodger, and the Dodgers are in the postseason! So throw a steak on the grill, take your 10-gallon hat off your 2-gallon head and watch the postseason!

Ainsi, votre team n'est pas sur le playoffs cette ans... en fait, vous n'avez pas une team á tout! Mais c'est bon, vous étiez trop occupée avec le training camp des Canadiens, et vous n'avez pas donné un merde au sujet de baseball de toute façon... ainsi, oui, baisez vous.

MLB needs to move the Blue Jays to New Orleans!

The New Orleans Hurricanes!!!!!

The New Orleans Hurricanes!!!!!

The Naw'lins Snow Birds.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves! Ok, so your string of nine straight losing seasons is one of the longest in the majors, hell even the Royals had a winning season more recently for god's sake! And so what if half your team is riddled in steroid controversies, your star player demands to be traded every offseason, your ace of the future turned into a fat, talentless drunk and Sammy Sosa suddenly lost 40 pounds and all his power when you traded for him? This is the postseason damnit! While you guys are out protesting that miserable asbestos lawyer of an owner, other team's fans are enjoying themselves this October. You know he's going to promise big changes and court the top free agents and just fall short of actually signing them, so relax. Save yourself the stress. Watch the playoffs, and see how completely impossible it will ever be to catch the Yankees in the division, ever.

So what if you're general manager thought that Preston Wilson was the 'big bat' that would carry your offense through the season? Who cares if your manager was too busy grooming his moustache to notice that Brad Lidge's command and brain are both hopelessly lost? You really had Wandy Rodriguez as your third starter? Get over it! Morgan Ensberg and Jason Lane had batting averages roughly equivalent to the price of chicken by the pound? Quit crying, cowboy, because Jeff Kent might not be an Astro anymore, but he is a Dodger, and the Dodgers are in the postseason! So throw a steak on the grill, take your 10-gallon hat off your 2-gallon head and watch the postseason!

This wins the thread so far. The first post of yours I've ever liked.

This wins the thread so far. The first post of yours I've ever liked.

The first post of mine that you ever liked?!?!?!? Well, it only took me 1136 posts to get to number one, so check back in about...January and I'll come up with another gem.

Very true, young Slayer. It's sad to know that I've only been here for like...6 months and I've already peaked. I warn you guys, it's all downhill from here...

I can't quit posting until January! I've got...things to say...important things! Things that...could...change...your...life?

Guest Smues

Tommy Lasorda:What's wrong with you? Not watching the playoffs because your team isn't it this year after making it for 14 straight? Grow up! It's baseball!

Braves fans: Umm, we don't watch when the Braves ARE in the playoffs. Why change now?

Tommy Lasorda: Point taken.

Up until recently I'm not sure I knew your city existed. I'm told that I flew over Portland on a road trip to Seattle, once. Big deal. No baseball team doesn't mean no playoff baseball. You've spent enough time with spotted owls and beavers, its time to catch up on some Tigers and Cardinals. So zip up your fleece, and your mouth. Its time for the playoffs. If you skip work you might even be able to catch the first six innings of the game.

What's wrong with you? So what if in just two years your front office pissed away all the goodwill it got after '04? The rest of the world is sick of the six months it usually takes to play a Red Sox-Yankees playoff series anyway. That Beckett trade worked out for everyone; the Marlins got some prospects, Beckett got paid and the fans in the Monster Seats got more chances at home run balls. You were willing to wait 86 years for a title, another 10+ years should be a piece of cake so shut up, paahk the caah and watch the postseason!

Guest Felonies!

So you don't get to defend the world championship after all. You finished in third. And it's hard to see your team's best player ever hit two home runs for someone else. But do you mean to tell me that you're not going to watch the playoffs?!? NOT WATCH THE PLAYOFFS?!? You're only supposed to have apathy like that for your OWN team! Don't be as crazy as your manager. Watch the 2006 postseason!

Guest Felonies!

So you're a Texas Rangers fan.

...Watch the postseason!

So you don't get to defend the world championship after all. You finished in third. And it's hard to see your team's best player ever hit two home runs for someone else. But do you mean to tell me that you're not going to watch the playoffs?!? NOT WATCH THE PLAYOFFS?!? You're only supposed to have apathy like that for your OWN team! Don't be as crazy as your manager. Watch the 2006 postseason!

At which point, Tommy is beaten and his car parked outside Comiskey gets stolen because he didn't pay Tyrone $40 to "make sure it was safe."

So your team strung you along this year to the point where you actually thought you might slide in there by some shear force of dumb luck. So your starting pitching consisted of 2 aces and a revolving door of new trades, fading stars and youngsters not quite ready. Homer Bailey will be here next season, I promise. And the bullpen was a black hole, even though your new general manager tried fixing it by making 700 different deals. You've still got Ryan Freel, maybe you'll still have Rich Aurillia. And look, there's Sean Casey with the Tigers, so turn on the TV watch the playoffs and root for da Mayor.

Reds fans- shut up we're watching the Bengals WHO DEY!!!

So you're a Texas Rangers fan.

"On the bright side, your manager just got canned, which virtually guarantees you'll be winning the World Series next year!"