TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Friday Night Lights...

As postin in the strike thread.

“Friday Night Lights” show runner Jason Katims and his assistant, Jamie Duneier, are happy to be back in the office. But it will probably be a while before their writing staff joins them.

NBC has not decided if it will produce more episodes of “Friday Night Lights” for the spring. Katims will be attending several meetings this week with the network and Universal Media Studios, which produces it, and is hoping fans won’t have to wait until the fall to learn how the Smash Williams football story ends or if Jason Street is going to be a father.

“The most difficult part of this is that, when the strike ends, I think that everybody here will be celebrating that the strike ended and then the next question is, when are we going to get back to work?” Katims said. “Are we going to get back to work? It’s going to unfold differently for every show.”

Fifteen episodes of the football-centered drama have already aired, and Katims says he can complete five or six more — if given the chance. Always a ratings-challenged, critical darling, “Friday Night Lights” has been performing better since it moved to Fridays. But that doesn’t guarantee it a spot on the fall lineup.

“I’ve heard that serialized shows are less likely to come back this spring," he said. "And, of course, we’re on the eternal bubble, so we have to wait and see what they want to do.”

--Maria Elena Fernandez

Boooooooooooooo

From Kristen:

Two Hours Left? Sob: According to sources, one option NBC is considering for Friday Night Lights is to "wrap it up" as a two-hour movie of the week. That's not nearly enough, if you ask me, but at least it's something. We're also hearing the show has already been looked at by at least a few other networks. In the meantime, some of you genius fans got together on the WWK message boards and launched this site. Any and all FNL fans should check it out to help save the show!

It pisses me off when crap like American Gladiators and 1 vs 100 stay on the air but this can't.

Americans need to get a fucking brain.

You know, if NBC would openly say "Yes, we're keeping this show on the air", people would be willing to watch it. From the very first week FNL has been on the air, it's been dealing with "will it be canceled" rumors. I can understand why people don't want to risk getting involved into a show that keeps getting talked about cancelation.

CLEAR EYES! FULL HEARTS! CAN'T LOSE!

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/nbc-...t-with-directv/

EXCLUSIVE: NBC Picking Up 'Friday Night Lights' After Partnering With DirecTV

This is great news to that small but passionate audience for the best TV series you're not watching. I'm told that Jeff Zucker, Marc Graboff and Ben Silverman had been searching for a way to renew the critically acclaimed but low-rated Friday Night Lights for a 3rd season in a way that would still make financial sense. The answer came in a deal with DirecTV, now owned by John Malone's Liberty Media. Clearly Malone is looking to offer exclusive content to his satellite subscribers to distinguish DirecTV from its rivals on a content as well as price basis. "It's an innovative deal where NBC found a partner who will share costs and exhibition windows," an insider explained to me. So both NBC and DirecTV will be airing Friday Night Lights across multipurpose platforms.

I'm a big fan of hour-long high school football drama (which is really about horny teens and their hornswoggled parents) so I say hooray. NBC aired the last completed episode of Friday Night Lights on February 8th, but until now there's been no word on the fate of the seven remaining episodes that have been written but not produced. I can report now that the third season is saved. Even though it usually ends up last in its time slot, the show does OK in the 18-to-49 demos and often wins the 18-to-34 demos. But FNL's Season One only averaged 6.1 million viewers a week, making it something like the 95th-highest rated show on network primetime TV, and Season Two averaged 6.2 million viewers a week but still came in at 101th.

I can't say whether the fans' campaign to save the show by sending all those mini- footballs to NBC bigwigs worked the magic. But I do know the execs got them.

As I read it, DirecTV would shoulder some of the costs of production and it would still be on NBC as well as some form of VOD or PPV service with maybe some deleted scenes from the NBC version or something like that

As I read it, DirecTV would shoulder some of the costs of production and it would still be on NBC as well as some form of VOD or PPV service with maybe some deleted scenes from the NBC version or something like that

13 episodes are going to be on the 101 (Directv only channel) this fall but those without Directv have to wait til whenever NBC decides they want to show it in 2009.

Directv picked up NBC's wierdish soap opera Passions last year as well but it doesn't get to air on NBC.

It isn't like we won't be able to download them.

Its a problem with the move since Im sure its return for any more episodes would be dependent on the ratings for both showings and if people can go download it this fall before it ever airs on NBC then NBCs ratings wont be worth 2 cents.

Anyone out there who can do me a favor and link me up with episode 213, 214 on torrent, they're the only two I'm missing and the one torrent I found is dead. Cheers.

Smash and Jason Street are going to be written out as full time characters

Well, Smash is going off to college, so I can see that. An occasional visit will be enough, maybe an episode or two about him adjusting to college life. Street though, I'm surprised at. I figured he'd stay in Dillon and work at becoming a daddy. I guess he and his baby-momma are going to head off to the big city and get a fresh start on things.

Season 3 has started seen half of the first episode, but I can't help but feel I've missed an episode somewhere. I guess its there way of showing its a 'living world' when the cameras aren't there.

Season Finale was more greatness as expected. It would be a travesty if this show doesn't get a 4th season and more. I can see how they COULD just end it now without pissing off what fans it does have but it's just such a great show it needs to continue.

Well, if they don't give it another season, I'm happy with this ending.

There will have to be a whole new cast though. Other than Coach, Mrs Taylor, Julie, Matt and Grandma, everyone will be gone

And if people don't want to wait here are the torrents.

Well Tyra and Tim are both going to Texas schools so they could still be involved...but yea there would probably need to be a bunch of new characters.