TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

ALCS: Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland A's

Maybe it's just my generation, but the Bash Brothers were a HUGE phenomenon in the late '80s. I'd wager that they have as good a following on the east coast as any other west coast team.

And yes, a "storied" franchise fits Hawk's definition. Losing is just as much a part of baseball as winning, if not moreso. It doesn't necessarily make them better or worse. It's just a part of their history.

Maybe it's just my generation, but the Bash Brothers were a HUGE phenomenon in the late '80s. I'd wager that they have as good a following on the east coast as any other west coast team.

And yes, a "storied" franchise fits Hawk's definition. Losing is just as much a part of baseball as winning, if not moreso. It doesn't necessarily make them better or worse. It's just a part of their history.

You're right about the Bash Brothers. I remember, as a kid, when we'd do the forearm high five thing that Canseco and McGwire used to do. There are plenty of A's hats and t-shirts around here.

Hey A's with a lead. Hasn't happened too often. Of course now their only player having a good series in Bradley might not be able to continue in this game.

"Lyons and fellow sportscaster Brennaman also made fun of a man wearing strange headgear at a Mets game during Game 1 of the 2006 NLDS playoffs between the Mets and Dodgers. The man turned out to be blind, and the headgear allowed him limited vision. Brennaman apologized to the man and his family on-air during Game 2 of the series. These incidents followed Lyons' prior on-air malignment of outfielder Shawn Green's Jewish heritage."

the tigers pitching has been so good that it has over-shadowed how brutal magglio & pudge's hitting has been this post-season. just awful. its bad when i am crossing my fingers that pudge doesn't screw up so alexis gomez can do some damage.

and this game has been an accurate portrayal of the real jeremy bonderman.

Guest Felonies!

Oh God, I just realized Fox fired their non-McCarver color commentator. Jesus Christ.

Guest Felonies!

Did that bounce off Payton's head?!? So much for the "pitching and defense" Oakland A's.

Guest Felonies!
If they made fun of a deaf guy, would he know

Make fun of him about WHAT? We're the ones suffering through Fox baseball coverage.

Do these announcers even listen to what they're saying? There is absoultely NO chance that the A's lack of "smallball" is what will cost them this series. They got outhit and outpitched. I highly doubt that being able to hit and run or put a bunt down would fix that. Idiot.

Holy shit. Didn't see that coming.

The Tigers are fucking terrifying. At this point, it's their championship to lose.