TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/12 - 10/15

Hmmm I might have to join the "USC is overrated" bandwagon as they've let ASU comeback from 21-0 to tie the game up now on an interception return for a touchdown. Suddenly the offense can't move the ball against a very poor ASU defense.

If everything holds, we should FINALLY get to OSU/Michigan/everyone else, which should have been the case the week after they cursbtomped ND.

I'm not going to go on a Dama type rant but I am extremely pissed off with this loss for a number of reasons.

- I will never be convinced that Leak fumbled that ball. I was stunned when this wasn't over-turned but I'm not at all suprised that the officials played a part in this game.

- What happened in the second half? It seems like Auburn totally outcoached and outplayed the Gators in the second half.

- Playcalling was great in the first half and horrible in the second half. Percy Harvin might have had one touch, I'll never understand that.

Having said that, I'd much rather have a setback here than on December 2nd.

Overall, it was a very entertaining and very exciting football game, but I feel Florida should have won.

Well with Florida's loss and USC's performance against Arizona St(win or lose), this day could vault Michigan to #2 which hopefully sets up a #1 vs. #2 showdown between the Buckeyes and the Wolverines.

I think Leak just fell apart in the 4th quarter, possibly because he was looking over his shoulder at Tebow. Regardless of whether it was a pass or not, it was still a terrible play on Leak's part. WTF is he doing just holding the ball out in front of him down by 1 in FG range. Either throw it or tuck it in. Don't just hold it asking for the defender to take it away.

Then the first play of the next drive, he throws a terrible pick. His receiver was a good 15 yards from where he threw it, and there was another defender covering him there too. I really think it's the Tebow effect, because Leak looked like he was starting to develop a rhythym, but whenever Tebow came in, he followed up with a terrible throw the next play.

Win out and you'll probably still get the BCS championship game. USC looks like they'll drop one somewhere, the computers hate West Virginia, and Texas won't have a team still in the top 25 on their victory list by the year's end.

I think Leak just fell apart in the 4th quarter, possibly because he was looking over his shoulder at Tebow. Regardless of whether it was a pass or not, it was still a terrible play on Leak's part. WTF is he doing just holding the ball out in front of him down by 1 in FG range. Either throw it or tuck it in. Don't just hold it asking for the defender to take it away.

Then the first play of the next drive, he throws a terrible pick. His receiver was a good 15 yards from where he threw it, and there was another defender covering him there too. I really think it's the Tebow effect, because Leak looked like he was starting to develop a rhythym, but whenever Tebow came in, he followed up with a terrible throw the next play.

Dammit that means Skip Bayless was right about the 2 QB system costing the Gators this game.

Lloyd Carr just reminded the nation why he's not a good head coach by passing on 3rd down there.

Oh God, I fear the wheels are coming off for U of L. Maybe it was a one week thing with Brohm coming back from injury, but that was a shit performance today vs. Cincy. I really, really worry about a road ambush at. Syracuse next week before the WVU game.

The irony of this is that due to Florida losing U of L may well move up a bit in the BCS when it's announced tomorrow.

OK, I should technically wait until tomorrow since Boise hasn't played yet, but since you all got deprived last week, I'm putting out my new Top 25 now. FWIW, I did do one last week on Sunday night, but I was in Vegas and I didn't get around to posting it.

(Previous week's ranking in parenthesis)

1. Ohio State 7-0 (1)

2. Michigan 7-0 (2)

3. USC 6-0 (4)

4. Florida 6-1 (3)

5. Auburn 6-1 (12)

6. Tennessee 5-1 (6)

7. Texas 6-1 (7)

8. Louisville 6-0 (5)

9. West Virginia 6-0 (8)

10. California 6-1 (9)

11. Notre Dame 5-1 (10)

12. LSU 5-2 (12)

13. Boise State 6-0 (14)

14. Georgia Tech 5-1 (15)

15. Clemson 6-1 (16)

16. Nebraska 6-1 (18)

17. Arkansas 5-1 (19)

18. Oregon 6-1 (20)

19. Rutgers 6-0 (NR)

20. Missouri 6-1 (13)

21. Oklahoma 4-2 (21)

22. Boston College 5-1 (NR)

23. Wisconsin 6-1 (25)

24. Florida State 4-2 (NR)

25. Texas A&M 6-1 (NR)

Close: Alabama, Miami, Georgia, Wake Forest, South Carolina

You know, it looks like USC will eventually go down to someone (Cal, Oregon, ND, UCLA). Rutgers stomped Navy today and proved me wrong with that game, though I had no idea if Navy was any good really. I'm thinking Rutgers finally goes down to Pitt next week.

Basically it's looking more and more like this season will come down to the following games: Ohio St. vs. Michigan and U of L vs. WVU. How ironic is it though that both of the Big East teams have much tougher roads to go though, what with Rutgers and Pitt lurking.

I find myself almost totally in agreement with Iggy. I'd probably have Boise and LSU behind GT and Clemson, but the top looks solid. I wonder how the usually incompetent voters will handle UF/Auburn/Tennessee.

Oh, and after this week, I'd probably flip Louisville and WVU, but it doesn't really matter since they're just gonna be neck and neck until their matchup anyway.

Honestly, I think Louisville loses to Rutgers. It's the week immediately after the West Virginia game and it's on the road. And you know how well Louisville deals with road letdown games.

I have no idea who it's going to be, but I think a one-loss team's going to be facing OSU in the title game.

Guest Vitamin X
Wow, a wild brawl in the Miami/Florida International game. You know Miami has fallen hard when they're brawling with one of the worst teams in the nation.

Yeah, but if you lived in Miami, you'd understand why you'd love to get a shot at one of those spoiled, retarded, wannabe thug momma's boys from UM. FIU is the school which most people in the local area go to, and has a higher standard academically than UM while being about $15,000 cheaper per semester. The kids that go to UM are spoiled pricks with football scholarships or whose rich parents sent them off here to party while their biggest worry is which Mustang they have to drive to get across the street to school.

Fuck UM. Shame the rivalry won't continue after this brawl, although that should give it only more reason to.

I have no idea who it's going to be, but I think a one-loss team's going to be facing OSU in the title game.

Yeah, I think that's right. I mean, if USC goes down, that's pretty much guaranteed, presuming OSU is in the title game at all.