TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/12 - 10/15

Really? I thought we found that out about a month ago. This looked more like a case of some teams just slipping a little bit in the second place sweepstakes.

Interesting rankings Iggy but I think USC will be #2 regardless of the uninspiring win and how can Florida be 1 rank higher than Auburn when they just got beat by them?

The winner of the Auburn/Tennessee SEC championship game will go to the national championship. Ohio State has the best chance of being their opponent right now though.

Interesting rankings Iggy but I think USC will be #2 regardless of the uninspiring win and how can Florida be 1 rank higher than Auburn when they just got beat by them?

Because Auburn lost to Arkansas. Convincingly. AT HOME.

I understand that, but When team A beats team B straight up, and their rankings are so close, whats the point? Auburn beat Florida pretty well last night. I guess the real issue is where Auburn is ranked in the first place. They should be alot lower than he has them.

Im just saying in HIS ranks where Auburn is 1 spot lower than Florida makes no sense.

I'm sorry but I can't see U of L losing to Rutgers. Last year the Cards simply beat the fuck out of them about 56-5. Now Pitt? Yeah, U of L might lose that one. Incidentally why isn't Pitt ranked anything? Maybe they will be after next week, since I fully expect them to hand Rutgers that 1st loss.

Why is everyone just handing OSU an undefeated season. Michigan was able to knock out not one, but two Penn State quarterbacks. With the way the Michigan defense has been playing, I honestly think that they will beat Ohio State.

What are the biggest weaknesses for Ohio St?

Run defense. I'm not looking at stats, but that's the one thing that glares out to me above all else.

Video of Leak Play You decide.

(No, I did not name the video what it is)

Edit: AP Poll

1 Ohio St. (63)

2 Michigan

3 Southern Cal

4 West Virginia (2)

5 Texas

6 Louisville

7 Tennessee

8 Auburn

9 Florida

10 Notre Dame

11 California

12 Clemson

13 Georgia Tech

14 LSU

15 Arkansas

16 Oregon

17 Nebraska

18 Boise St.

19 Rutgers

20 Oklahoma

21 Wisconsin

22 Boston College

23 Texas A&M

24 Missouri

25 Wake Forest

For Florida/Auburn, here's the situation. Florida had three games against Top 12 teams with two on the road and one at home. By winning 2 out of 3, they're outperforming expectations.

Auburn meanwhile had 3 games, against Top 20 teams with two at home and one on the road, by winning 2 out of three, they're either performing at expectations or performing under expectations, depending on whether you think a 17th ranked team is good enough that you should be able to beat them even on the road.

This head-to-head thing doesn't mean that much as it punishes a team that lost to a good team, while rewarding a team that lost to a bad team. When you add in that Auburn might have lost both of its big wins without controversial calls, I can't justify putting them above Florida.

As far as the AP poll goes, I think they're overrating the Big East teams that have played no one a little bit, but that's to be expected. As they get tested more over the following weeks, I'm sure things will even out somewhat. I am very glad to see that they dropped USC below Michigan, because that was overdue. The Trojans have just been sloppy lately.

7th in the AP! All right!

By the way, that was a fumble. Leak essentially pump faked the ball and had completed what would be considered a throwing motion during that sequence. I initially thought it was knocked out of his hand, but it straight up came loose. Dude got spooked when he saw those two Auburn defenders coming at him. Wouldn't you? There's no tuck rule either. It appeared to be the proper call, and replay didn't support overturning it. Yeah it looked funky, but there wasn't enough to reverse the call and say yes, that was an incomplete pass.

EDIT: Holy SHIT did Georgia tumble down.

CFN's just playing around now. If you don't believe me, look at the ranking for Arkansas and look at the ranking for Louisville. Also, this is what happens when you make too much out of head-to-head results. With CFN's tumble in credibility this week, Iggy's rankings are now the most credible in all of college football.

I'm talking about putting Arkansas ahead of Auburn and Florida. There's no way in hell the Hogs are #6 in the country right now. Also, Brohm's back. He was a little rusty last week against Cincy and the offense was a little out of synch, but he should be good to go by the time they face West Virginia. I still think they beat the Mountaineers at home.

Also, Brohm's back.

I had work yesterday, so I didn't know about this...

I'm talking about putting Arkansas ahead of Auburn and Florida. There's no way in hell the Hogs are #6 in the country right now.

And yes, that's stupid. I don't know how good Arkansas really is.

FIU started the brawl.

Lamar Thomas is the real star of the video. What a fucking clown.

"You don't come into the OB, baby, you don't come in here talkin' smack!"

Anyways 31 players total have been suspended as a result of the fight, 13 for Miami. Not that it really matters for them since they play Duke next.

Guest Smues

FIU started the brawl.

Anyways 31 players total have been suspended as a result of the fight, 13 for Miami. Not that it really matters for them since they play Duke next.

31? Wow. Are the all just 1 game suspensions?

FIU started the brawl.

Yeah, a suspension for the Duke game is like saying "You'll only miss one quarter you'd have played in anyway."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Dick Vitale's dumb ass was just on TV bawling about how DISGUSTING that fight was, and how players involved are criminals that should never be allowed to put on a jersey ever again.

Ridiculous. It wasn't THAT bad of a fight. How many bench clearing brawls do we see in Baseball or Hockey? It was a scrap that escalated too much that cleared the benches, not a psychotic horrible war where guys were left bleeding, or fans involved.

If you take off your helmet and use it as a weapon, that's assault. You ARE a criminal. If you use your cleats to stomp on someone, that's assault. You ARE a criminal. If you German suplex a guy during a brawl, that's assault. You ARE a criminal.

I don't see how you can't rank Arkansas where they are. They beat Auburn. Auburn beat Florida. Florida beat Tennessee. The Razorbacks have won all their games aside from a blowout by USC. They have a case for being the best team in the SEC, and they certainly should be ranked ahead of teams they've beaten. The rankings are not what should be, they're not what will be... they are what is. At this point in the season, Arkansas should be highly ranked.

With regard to the Trojans... I, too, am starting to get down on JDB. King, I know you wrote that you thought the offensive line wasn't pass blocking very well. I disagree. I think if you take a look at Booty's mistakes, he was actually rattled simply by the idea of a blitz. Whoever said he buckles under pressure is starting to look correct in my eyes. On the interception Booty threw, he actually had about 1-2 seconds more than he thought he did... and this happened on more than one occasion with less serious results. Booty has GOT to slow the game down, and make his opponent actually have to earn the ability to rattle him. Right now, he is just psyching himself out.

That being said, they are still undefeated. I definitely have concerns, but I'm not going to complain about winning. They can't, however, worry about the rankings because if they play this way against Cal or Notre Dame, they probably will lose.

Somebody still has to sell me on why Michigan is better.

I don't see how you can't rank Arkansas where they are. They beat Auburn. Auburn beat Florida. Florida beat Tennessee. The Razorbacks have won all their games aside from a blowout by USC. They have a case for being the best team in the SEC, and they certainly should be ranked ahead of teams they've beaten. The rankings are not what should be, they're not what will be... they are what is. At this point in the season, Arkansas should be highly ranked.

Did you see them look like total shit against Vandy? Or only beat Alabama because they fucked up maybe 7 times to Alabama's 8? The win against Auburn is certainly one of the best of the year, no doubt. But it's a high point for a team that otherwise has failed to impress me, and at times looked downright terrible. I can buy an argument that Arkansas belongs in the top 15, not much more than that.