TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread - October/10th/2006.

I don't think that's reading too much into it as that's basically her character. Young girl who takes clothes off for attention and has a bf that overprotects her but she doesn't do anything about it and they never seemingly show any affection on camera.

Which is why I agreed with CC's statement that she looks like a HS(since she was not so long ago) and that her character is essentially the same as alot of high school girls.

The show was crap. We didn't even get one good match. I already hate the fact that the divas are even on tv, let alone the focal point of the show. The divas are a waste of time.

So I wonder if Vince has been forced by the fan-reaction to start allowing ECW Originals get some wins, and not merely use them to get his roid boys over. In the beginning he blamed the ECW-original crowds on fucking up all his plans, but it seems like the ECWWE crowds also prefer the ECW originals. Dare I suggest because they offer something DIFFERENT from Raw/Smackdown!?!

Vince assumes they're being cheered because they're faces, not because they're ECW Originals. Hey MAY be right.

I don't think that's reading too much into it as that's basically her character. Young girl who takes clothes off for attention and has a bf that overprotects her but she doesn't do anything about it and they never seemingly show any affection on camera.

Which is why I agreed with CC's statement that she looks like a HS(since she was not so long ago) and that her character is essentially the same as alot of high school girls.

But you're putting more thought into it than they are. The reason they keep putting over her age isn't to add depth, it's to make her more of a sexual object for the horny older marks.

But you're putting more thought into it than they are. The reason they keep putting over her age isn't to add depth, it's to make her more of a sexual object for the horny older marks.

I wasn't saying that's who they intend for her to be, I was saying (to me), that is how she comes off and that makes her an more enjoyable character then the regular divas who just show off their body and offer very little else in the way of character.

Everything else I've said about her is accurate in regards to the purpose of her character to put over her young age, her need to get attention even if it means taking clothes off and still maintaining a youthful attitude despite an much older BF who is very overprotective.

I still think they to explain the Knox/Kelly relationship in greater detail especially with Punk being injected.

So I wonder if Vince has been forced by the fan-reaction to start allowing ECW Originals get some wins, and not merely use them to get his roid boys over. In the beginning he blamed the ECW-original crowds on fucking up all his plans, but it seems like the ECWWE crowds also prefer the ECW originals. Dare I suggest because they offer something DIFFERENT from Raw/Smackdown!?!

Vince assumes they're being cheered because they're faces, not because they're ECW Originals. Hey MAY be right.

That, and/or the fact that guys like Holly/Test never generated any type of reaction in WWE, so being that ECWWE fans know them already as losers, it will be hard to buy into them merely because the ring apron says "ECW"

See the thing is, a real ECW crowd is more likely to be forgiving of guys who were jobbers in WWE, if they actually come out and are able to wrestle a good match. I am sure they would have appreciated the Holly/RVD match, where as most WWE fans are conditioned to cheer/boo people because of their character or how often they win/lose over how good of a match they put on, this is not to say they won't cheer anything, I mean they will still mark out for table spots and chair spots, but workrate itself, not so much.

Kotz: It's best not to feed the animals.

Eh, the last post was just a reference I was hoping someone would notice. Back to the subject at hand:

It's incredible that WWE can manage an hour but Impact feels like a mess every week. Granted, TNA has a much larger roster than that of the new ECW and has monthly PPVs to promote, but still. It's one of the few things they could learn from WWE.

Eh, the last post was just a reference I was hoping someone would notice. Back to the subject at hand:

It's incredible that WWE can manage an hour but Impact feels like a mess every week. Granted, TNA has a much larger roster than that of the new ECW and has monthly PPVs to promote, but still. It's one of the few things they could learn from WWE.

I should think WWE does know how to manage an hour TV show. They've only had TV coverage for 20 something years.

I should think WWE does know how to manage an hour TV show. They've only had TV coverage for 20 something years.

And countless one hour shows throughout its televised history.

The show was crap. We didn't even get one good match. I already hate the fact that the divas are even on tv, let alone the focal point of the show. The divas are a waste of time.

The divas generate more revenue for the WWE than most of the males on the roster. They might be a waste of time to some, but they line Vince's pockets in big, big way.

Dave Scherer (PWInsider) posted a hotline earlier going over some future (minor) changes for ECW. Here are a few of those bits:

-The talk is to officially make ECW an official "brand" pretty soon, like "WWE RAW" and "WWE Smackdown". Up to this point, while still technically a brand and under the WWE umbrella, they have made attempts to make it at least seem like a different company. You guys know what I mean there.

-Some of the changes will be things like the women will no longer be called "Vixens", and they'll just be divas from now on. Francine being released was a part of all of this. Then, again, instead of "Extremists" the ECW guys will just be known as superstars.

Really, it's just little things they are going to change that will just have it fold more into RAW and SD, where it wont seem as "different" anymore. Take from that what you will.

The thing that got me is they hyped it up as being Strip Poker for so long and it ended up being strip low card..they should have started it out as poker and then decided to go low card after they realized they weren't getting naked fast enough or something..

The thing that got me is they hyped it up as being Strip Poker for so long and it ended up being strip low card..they should have started it out as poker and then decided to go low card after they realized they weren't getting naked fast enough or something..

Low card is easier to fix, so no one gets "naked" too soon.

Dave Scherer (PWInsider) posted a hotline earlier going over some future (minor) changes for ECW. Here are a few of those bits:

-The talk is to officially make ECW an official "brand" pretty soon, like "WWE RAW" and "WWE Smackdown". Up to this point, while still technically a brand and under the WWE umbrella, they have made attempts to make it at least seem like a different company. You guys know what I mean there.

-Some of the changes will be things like the women will no longer be called "Vixens", and they'll just be divas from now on. Francine being released was a part of all of this. Then, again, instead of "Extremists" the ECW guys will just be known as superstars.

Really, it's just little things they are going to change that will just have it fold more into RAW and SD, where it wont seem as "different" anymore. Take from that what you will.

You left out this part..........

There has also been some discussion about removing the ECW logo from the screen and replacing it with the WWE logo. Alot of this is Kevin Dunn's doing. He thinks the fans are confused and don't realise that ECW is a part of the WWE and he says thats the reason for the low ratings. Also expect the product to be toned down alot. Vince McMahon is not a fan of hardcore wrestling and he hated the RVD vs Test match.

Vince isn't a fan of hardcore matches and yet every single fucking match that involves him includes gallons of blood, countless table and chair spots and high risk stunts.

How many ppv main events (or featured matches, as Vince himself is usually in) since 2000 have had gimmick or hardcore spots?

It has to be at least half.

I'd like to point out that Kevin Dunn is a complete dipshit. Every single idea that guy has ever had regarding the product is so out of touch and retarded.

He also creeps me out with his huge overbite.

You left out this part..........

There has also been some discussion about removing the ECW logo from the screen and replacing it with the WWE logo. Alot of this is Kevin Dunn's doing. He thinks the fans are confused and don't realise that ECW is a part of the WWE and he says thats the reason for the low ratings. Also expect the product to be toned down alot. Vince McMahon is not a fan of hardcore wrestling and he hated the RVD vs Test match.

To the markiest of marks who wouldn't know any better, wouldn't it make it better if guys like Kane, Flair, King Booker were actually appearing on another company's broadcast?

The only reason I could see them wanting to tone down the WWECW product is because they want to save blood,tables,chairs,spots etc.....for WWE PPVs involving the "superstars" such as Edge/Cena/HHH/HBK/Vince McMahon/Orton/UT etc.....and they feel that having the peasants on ECW doing this stuff hurts the attraction of it when the "superstars" do it.

Also, it would be so fucking LAME for ECW to be changed to something like "WWE Extreme" or something.....

It's like Vince and his yes man are totally oblivious to what the fans want to see. I mean did Kevin Dunn really say "Fans must be confused and not realize that ECW is under the WWE umbrella" ? Are you fucking kidding me? Fire this moron. NOW.

I think it would be WORSE for fans to flat out think ECW was in all instances under the WWE umbrella. If that's the case the show would come off like a slightly different version of Heat. The fact that it is ECW and seems half under the WWE umbrella and half autonomous makes it interesting. But good grief, one look at the amount of Raw and SD guys that show up on ECW makes it obvious to the biggest dumbass on earth that ECW has some kind of affiliation with WWE.

I doubt most of the major changes will even happen. Surely someone will realize how dumb this stuff sounds.