TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

former wwe employee

from indeed wrestling (http://indeedwrestling.frih.net/)

http://dl01.blastpodcast.com/indeedwrestli..._1157433044.mp3

He discusses: what WWE think of TNA, Randy Orton's suspension was a work (to move him over to Raw and work the internet,) what work in production was like , minor things people got fired for, and why WWE don't generally hire fans of the product.

It's apparently the real thing.

Not trying to flame, but this was posted almost two weeks ago in the Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread...thread.

Guest bobrock29
The part where he talks about RandyOrton's suspension being a work was kinda interesting.

This is maybe why Meltzer was always vague about the reasoning for his suspension. Cause he got worked just like everybody else.

The part where he talks about RandyOrton's suspension being a work was kinda interesting.

This is maybe why Meltzer was always vague about the reasoning for his suspension.

Meltzer wasn't vague about the suspension. He was at first, but then said Orton was suspended because of so many incidents regarding his behavior and that the company felt they had no choice after Orton violated the wellness policy by openly smoking a joint.

As for Orton's suspension being a work to "further his badboy image", why? It's not like they've done anything on TV with Orton to make him out to be a bad boy since he came back. Would they really not put the World title on him just to further an intricate angle designed, it seems, to work the 'smart' fans only to then not do anything with it when he came back? They wanted to push him hard, and were going to put the World Title him at their biggest show of the year. Did they suddenly decide not to do that because they wanted to further a non-existent storyline with an angle aimed at insider fans that wound up meaning nothing? Until they put Orton and Edge together on Raw on Monday, they've done nothing of real value with Orton since he came back. Does that look like the kind of treatment you give someone that, if you believe this "PA", you went to the trouble of working such a subtle angle for, that was meant to work so few people? And It's not like Orton needs a worked suspension to further his reputation for being a prick.

And people seem real eager to believe this PA, it seems, just to want to think Meltzer got worked. Maybe the PA got worked by people. Or maybe he's just working everyone else.

Everything he said sounded very plausible except the Orton thing.

Actually, the Orton 'work' thing is believable because the WWE is more than stupid enough to waste their time doing it. Much like how they continue to try to get Orton over.

Actually, the Orton 'work' thing is believable because the WWE is more than stupid enough to waste their time doing it. Much like how they continue to try to get Orton over.

To be fair, Orton does get a reaction. It's just nowhere near the level of reaction they want him to get, and I don't see this feud with DX helping. I think Orton's at Maximum Reaction Level.

Can Meltzer get worked like that?

I'm 100% sure that he can get worked, just like anyone else.

I'm not totally against Orton. I'm not a fan of him right now, and never have been other than his match with Foley that most people seemed to get into. I will more than likely be on his side against DX, but that's mainly because I like Edge so much right now, and I'm tired of DX (sadly, word is that they don't have any plans at all to end the DX angle).

I think Orton would benefit greatly from some sort of involving storyline that would then lead to a dramatic change in character. Every now and then I see something of him in the ring that makes me take notice. It's not very often, but he can end a match out of nowhere and he's been quite inventive doing so, and that can get exciting. Hell, when he beat Carlito on PPV I couldn't help but sorta like it just because of the finish. If he got more active in the ring, gave up so many restholds and crutches in the middle part of the match, he'd be a decent worker. I think a drastic change in character would help him just as much though.

As it stands right now, I don't care for him at all really.