TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Wine

Since probably most people don't drink wine because:

A) it's too sweet

B) Too expensive

I wonder how many people on this board actually like an occassional glass from time to time.

I prefer mainly Canadian wine, South African and Chilean wine myself. Mostly Merlot because it has more of a fullness flavour than anything, but I don't mind a Cabranet-Sauvgrion or a Pinot Noir.

Wine is one of the many things I have never been able to acquire a taste for.

There are a couple of wine connossieurs in my family, though. They're really starting to prefer Australian wines.

Australia, Chile and South Africa are probably producing some of the best wine in the world. Inexpensive and great quality. It's really taken a toll on USA, European wines and Canadian wineries as well.

I began mainly on Australian reds, for whatever reason. I'm now siding with rioja rather than shiraz which seems to be the more commonly available from that part of the globe, so its usually spanish or chilean now. I drink a fair bit but i won't pretend to know anything more than that.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

A) it's too sweet

B) Too expensive

You kidding? There's a full line of bum wines out there that are the cheapest most unpleasant drunk possible. Bottle of Thunderbird's like 2 bucks.

I love wine, but I am NOT drinking any fucking merlot!

Why not?

Im not the biggest fan of red wines but Merlots arent that bad..

Someone hasn't seen Sideways. You should see it, i'm sure it looks good in HD.

Yellowtail wine is less than $10.00 a bottle and is a decent Australian wine (and I would say it's significantly less than $10 - I've seen it as cheap as $6.00). I wouldn't offer it to someone that deemed themselves an expert, but it's a perfect wine for people that are just casual wine drinkers.

Basically, if you just wanted to pour a couple of legspreaders for a girl, it'll more than fit the bill.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of just sitting around and casually drinking wine ... but I'll drink a glass or 4 if it complements a meal.

A) it's too sweet

B) Too expensive

You kidding? There's a full line of bum wines out there that are the cheapest most unpleasant drunk possible. Bottle of Thunderbird's like 2 bucks.

I love convienent mart wines. I stick to beer most of the time but sometimes I want the great headbuzz that wine gives you.

A) it's too sweet

B) Too expensive

Living in Ontario, liquor is a bit more expensive than 2 bucks. I mean ya, there are $8-$10 dollar bottles, but their nasty.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The fact that Thunderbird tastes repellent is half of the appeal. That's fight puke fuck liquor.

Why not?

Fuck people who are influenced by a movie and not trying things out for themselves because they think they can be trendy or something. Merlot had always been a popular wine and suddenly a guy in a movie goes "Im not drinking any fucking merlot" and everybody goes nuts.

Why not?

Fuck people who are influenced by a movie and not trying things out for themselves because they think they can be trendy or something. Merlot had always been a popular wine and suddenly a guy in a movie goes "Im not drinking any fucking merlot" and everybody goes nuts.

Marv, are you kidding? He was just saying a quote from a movie. I am pretty sure the movie doesn't influence him like that.

Whenever some brings up the Eagles, I say "And I fuckin hate the Eagles." When in fact I love them.

Other than the customary glass at Xmas dinner (and I've been known often skip that), champagne at New Year's is all for me.

I definitely prefer white to red, but I cant envision ever buying a bottle of wine.

I don't really care for wine. Give me a fancy beer any day.
In a nutshell!

This might be sig-worthy.

Guest Vitamin X

Why not?

Marv, are you kidding? He was just saying a quote from a movie. I am pretty sure the movie doesn't influence him like that.

Whenever some brings up the Eagles, I say "And I fuckin hate the Eagles." When in fact I love them.

Yeah, really. Relax, Marv.

I'm not all that discerning when it comes to wine, but it's funny because I actually don't care for merlots all that much.

Anyways, I was reading in Consumer Reports today there's this wine they rated a best buy, got an opinion from various connoisseurs on it.. it's called Columbia Crest, it's a 2002. Only $11. I'm willing to try it out.