TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Another day, another 30 point/10 rebound game from Zach Randolph, this time helping erase a 27 point deficit to beat the Hornets. I can definitely get used to this.

Somebody had to step up their game since the backups are nonexistent.

Enough trolling, junior.

Ok daddy-O!

Pacers finally get a win against a playoff-caliber team, beating the Magic 93-83. Harrington matched a season high with 32 and Danny Granger had his best game of the season thus far, as well.

Zach Randolph somehow is shooting 90 something percent from the free throw line. I think he was 14/15 tonight. It looks like it does take a season and a half to recover from microfracture surgery. I'm pretty surprised that he is playing this well and he should definitely be an All Star this year. Hopefully winning and playing well will keep him out of trouble.

Even though its only 6 games I don't think anyone expected the Blazers to be playing this well at 4-2 with a 27 point comeback tonight. Even more impressive is how shorthanded they've been of late with Roy basically missing 2 games and half their frontcourt out (Aldridge, Pryz, LaFrentz). The way things are sounding Darius Miles feels he is healthy enough to play but the Blazers brass wont let him yet which I enjoy. Fuck Darius Miles. Fuck him in his ass.

I'm starting to want Paul Pierce to get the Ray Borque treatment from Ainge; he's being wasted on a mediocre/poor team, so just trade him to a contender so the guy has a shot at a damn championship before he reaches the downslope of his career.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Felonies!

You know, I'm not really worried about this rough patch the Bulls have hit. Looking back, Skiles's squads start slow (4), but pick up the pace as the season goes on. The 2004-05 Bulls were late bloomers too. I think this is because Skiles puts a higher emphasis on conditioning than other coaches, so when other teams start to run out of steam, the Bulls stay sharp. I also blame the Circus Trip.

Now granted, this is different than 2005, where making the playoffs was just a pleasant and welcome surprise, or 2006, where just finishing .500 was all we could ask for. These Bulls are supposed to go deep. I'll forgive the slow start, but that can't be an excuse by the end of November. I still have hope.

You know who I don't have hope for? The Blackhawks. They're like 6 games back of Detroit already. So much for that.

Guest Felonies!

But honestly, guys, you should beat the Pacers. This is the last home game before the aforementioned Circus Trip.

The referees are doing their part, as well, allowing the Bulls to go over the back on every rebound and bailing them out with bogus foul calls on botched fast breaks. As well as Stephen Jackson displaying the shooting touch that carried us right out of the first round last year in the fourth quarter.

And to top it all off, Darrell Armstrong wraps up Nocioni, Nocioni trips and falls, and it's a FLAGRANT FOUL. lol, NBA.

"We could have easily packed it up but that's not who I am," James said. "Any time I'm on the court it doesn't matter how many points we're down, we always have a chance to win."

Hard to be humble when you're great

Guest Felonies!

In Cleveland's game against the Bulls Thursday night, Lebron James had zero personal fouls. Now I'm willing to bet part of that was the Bulls' fault, but seriously, how does the centerpiece of a team make it through a whole game without a single personal foul? Does he have a fucking force field around him?

"Redd's 57 Not Enough"

That's gotta sting when you break a franchise record for points in a game, score 25 in the 4th, and still lose.

Oh, and apparently Bowen tried to take out another Knick tonight, and he and Isiah actually got double technicals over it.

So Bowen is averaging one take out a week?

Sometime near the All-Star Break someone is going to snap on his ass.

I'm not sure how they will get him other than an accidently elbow while going for a rebound. And I think the hitlist is 3 for the week.

Finally the Sonics manage to win a close one instead of being cornholed like they have been.

Fucking Ray Fucking Allen stopping the Hawks from starting 5-1.

Seriously, all my standing as having any basketball knowledge is standing on this Hawks make the playoffs thing. I have made the prediction to everyone I talk to and on about 3 sites. Every loss will hurt. Ray...fucking...Allen.