TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 10

That's not entirely true, it's just the fact that QBs in the league get judged by how many rings they've won even when they had little, or in Dilfer's case NOTHING to do with winning it.

That must be why Dilfer was offered a huge contract extension and is considered one of the top QBs in the league.

Sarcasm folks. (For those not paying attention)

Dilfer couldn't even get a starting job, obviously winning a ring did nothing for his reputation.

Somehow I get the sense naiwf is just a sore loser. Didn't he predict the Giants would beat the Bears and now he fell on his face with that one? Yeah...

How am I being a sore loser? I said that the Giants would lose the game when they were WINNING 13-3. This was before the 3rd and 22 play. It was before the 2nd half debacle. I've seen them do it enough times to know when a tank is coming.

The Bears didn't play their "A" game on defense and still beat the shit out of us in Giants Stadium. Coughlin's stupidity was the crippling blow and there's no doubt about that. The Giants wouldn't have come back from down 24-20 with a punt on the FG try, but at least they wouldn't have been embarassed on national TV yet again.

Again, where did I say the Bears didn't deserve the 'W' or that the Giants did? I predicted a 1 point win at home, which told you how confident I was in that game.

The Bears D made fools out of the passing game of the Giants. How was that not being on their A game? Because Tiki was able to run for 100+ yards? This guy is the NFL leader in yards rushing so far. They made the key stops when they had to do. And you're going "OH MAN, IF REX WINS A RING, I WILL NEVER WATCH NFL AGAIN!", nevermind he actually performed a hell lot better than Eli Manning did yesterday.

Eli was throwing balls 10 yards over his receivers heads with no pressure on him. The guy played like shit. Your defense still gave up 20 points when Eli was terrible, and that's because Feely missed a chippy and they blew some easy chances early. If that's the Bears' 'A' game you have no chance of winning the SB this year.

The point I was making is that if average QBs are going to be winning Super Bowls every year, then the entire league will follow that model and I find it boring. I didn't like watching the Ravens, Bucs or Steelers when they did it, so obviously I'm not going to want to see the Bears do it this year. When I don't care about the direction a sport is heading, I stop watching it.

Eli was throwing balls 10 yards over his receivers heads with no pressure on him. The guy played like shit. Your defense still gave up 20 points when Eli was terrible, and that's because Feely missed a chippy and they blew some easy chances early. If that's the Bears' 'A' game you have no chance of winning the SB this year.

The point I was making is that if average QBs are going to be winning Super Bowls every year, then the entire league will follow that model and I find it boring. I didn't like watching the Ravens, Bucs or Steelers when they did it, so obviously I'm not going to want to see the Bears do it this year. When I don't care about the direction a sport is heading, I stop watching it.

Well the NFL won't miss you.

Naiwf brought up Roethlisberger's struggles...

He's had 7 games of 30+ attempts in his career. He has a TD to INT ratio of 7:18. Roeth has gone 1 - 6 in those games.

He's also seen a dip in YPA from 8.9 the past two seasons to 7.8 for the 2006 season. In three games this season, he's thrown 37+ times. Cincinnati they lost 28-20, Oakland they lost 20-13, and Denver they lost 31-20.

The games where he's been asked to control and throw less than 30 times...

Kansas City: 16/19 for 238 yards, 2 TD, and 0 INT. Steelers won 45-7.

Atlanta: 16/22 for 238 yards, 3 TD, and 0 INT. Steelers lost 41-38.

New Orleans: 17/28 for 264 yards, 3 TD, and 0 INT. Steelers won 38-31.

The Steelers defense also has allowed 28+ points in four games this season, two of which (Atlanta and New Orleans) Roethlisberger did not throw an INT.

Kind of obvious to state but the Steelers really are predicated on the success of Willie Parker and the running game. In the above three games Parker ran for 133 yards, 109 yards, and 213 yards.

If the Steelers want to win, they clearly need to ride Parker and their defense needs to come up bigger. The more pressure Roethlisberger has on his shoulders (and any QB really) to win a game on their arm, the greater they'll lose.

I could see Pittsburgh going 4-3 to wrap up the season but it will be a tough stretch overall, especially playing Baltimore twice. I could see wins against Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, and both games vs. Cleveland.

Guest Paul

The Giants loss last night was a wake up call. They look to be no better than last year, a team that will win the division, but exit the playoffs early. Tiki was great, but I didn't expect the Bears to stop him. I thought we'd see more Jacobs, but no. Coughlin putting Feely in that position was really stupid as well. Oh, yeah, the Giants need a new fuckin' kicker too.

Coughlin must go.

Eli looked like shit. Rex did too, but he came through when it counted.

Eli without Amani may be a bigger problem than I thought.

Guest Princess Leena

Well, I was wrong with the Bills game. Kudos to Jauron for playing the most conservative gameplan one could do, and for it almost working.

Guest Felonies!

I don't understand how at any point in time before like two years ago, you could survey the field, so to speak, assess the 28 to 32 teams of the NFL, and decide that your team shall be the Seattle Seahawks.

Hey naiwf, it's cool that Chicago beat the Giants, but if they didn't, aw shucks!

I don't understand how at any point in time before like two years ago, you could survey the field, so to speak, assess the 28 to 32 teams of the NFL, and decide that your team shall be the Seattle Seahawks.

Bills suck, Lions suck from a "geographical standpoint".

I never cared for the Steelers, but I liked being them in football games because of the 3-4 defence.

I did like the Niners when I was younger, but up until the end of highschool which is about four years, I've always liked the Seahawks, and for some reason, I loved the Kingdome.

I like Seattle when I watch them was their offense, and maybe because they never really had a superstar in such a long time. I mean sure you had guys like Largent, Zorn and I always liked Jon Kitna.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Celebrity lookalike fun time:

1214823.jpg

Bruce Gradkowski

zappa_ahmet.jpg

Ahmet Zappa

Incredible.

I've made my feelings about the NFL's rules on celebrating known before, but the penalty they just called on Tampa Bay for celebrating an interception was ludicrous. I can't even see what they did wrong.

I mean, yeah, some of the celebrations are really outlandish and ridiculous, and I can see why they want to get rid of them, even if I don't always agree. But these aren't robots out there. I don't want to watch every single player in the league flip the ball to the official and walk off without showing any emotion. I like seeing players get pumped up about a big play in a close game. It shows they care. I don't want to watch a bunch of guys who never look like they care.

Guest Felonies!

"There are too many cockamamie names for baseball stats"

Like WARP and VORP, Mike?

Why am I not over-reacting like the other Giants fans on this board?

All of those defensive players out, not to mention Toomer out for the season, Burress still suffering back spasms, Tiki limited with an injured thumb, and Luke Petitgout going out of the game. These injuries catch up with you over the course of a game - especially when you're playing such a good team like the Bears.

Maybe it's because I don't live in NYC, but I'm not really seeing the cause for hysteria.

All of those defensive players out, not to mention Toomer out for the season, Burress still suffering back spasms, Tiki limited with an injured thumb, and Luke Petitgout going out of the game. These injuries catch up with you over the course of a game - especially when you're playing such a good team like the Bears.

Maybe it's because I don't live in NYC, but I'm not really seeing the cause for hysteria.

The Giants will win the NFC East because the Eagles & Cowboys lose a game everytime they win that "big" game that might get them back in the hunt, and Washington is too far out of it, plus the Jason Campbell era has began so the rest of the season should be no better then .500.

I wouldn't expect the Giants to go deep into the playoffs though, too many injuries, too much inconsistency. It looks like a one & done playoff year for the Giants again....(at this point)

Guest Vitamin X

The Giants will win the NFC East because the Eagles & Cowboys lose a game everytime they win that "big" game that might get them back in the hunt, and Washington is too far out of it, plus the Jason Campbell era has began so the rest of the season should be no better then .500.

I wouldn't expect the Giants to go deep into the playoffs though, too many injuries, too much inconsistency. It looks like a one & done playoff year for the Giants again....(at this point)

The current Giants team reminds me exactly of the Sherman-era playoff Packers. Real shame.

Guest Felonies!

Yeah, except instead of Sherman falling asleep on the sidelines, Tom Coughlin is like, watching somebody rape his mom or something.