TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON TNA News and Notes - November 13th

Early estimates for BFG are between 45,000 and 50,000 domestic buys, which TNA are very happy about. That's about the low end of what ECW were doing on PPV. When the final number comes in it should be the highest in TNA history.

Only three PPV matches have been decided for Genesis as of now. AMW vs LAX, Abyss vs Sting and Angle vs Joe. The feeling is that those three matches alone should be enough to get people to buy the PPV, particularly Angle vs Joe.

The thinking is do the next on the road PPV in either January or February, probably in a border town such as Hidalgo as that's one of the best mid-sized WWE cities and there's a rabid fanbase.

Thanks to Angle being super positive about TNA and Christian not having a bad word to say about the promotion either there's an icreasing number of near-top WWE guys quietly discussing the possibility of jumping over should the chance present itself when their contracts expire. The drop in pay is made up for by the much easier schedule, but ironicly many TNA guys are complaining about being booked by the office on too many indy dates.

There is scheduled to be a major marketing push for the two hour special next week. They've bought local cable company ads during Raw (they're unable to buy national advertising on USA as the WWE contract forbids USA from advertising other wrestling companies). The ads will be focused around major markets during Raw and Smackdown, and on ESPN and Comedy Central. Radio advertising in major markets has also been bought. The ads are based around the theme "Now that Kurt Angle has jumped to TNA, TNA is making the jump to Prime Time".

TNA and Bob Sapp have a mutual interest in each other, but nothing formal has been discussed.

TNA were curious about Scott Hall, as he's a name always asked about by those at the Impact tapings, but following reports of Hall at a recent fan fest with Nash and Waltman they've decided against making a move for him.

WFA officials have been contacting TNA with regards to trying to arrange at MMA match between Angle and Daniel Puder and a cross promotional fued.

Nash has been telling people he has not signed any contract with TNA, but has a handshake deal with Jarrett that he won't be returning to the WWE.

So Cal Val will be joining Raven's new Flock. She was planned a long time ago to be Raven's girlfriend, so that might be how she gets in. The group will be called 'The Movement'.

Senshi is likely to end up as part of LAX. Konnan has been pushing for him to join for months but has always had the idea rebuffed. But he's managed to convince Russo.

It's going to be Raven, Matt Bentley, Frainkie Kazarian and So Cal Val I think.

All that's been done on TV so far though is Bentley standing where Raven normally stands in the crowd with some odd face paint on.

Guest Coffey

I think Sapp would be huge for TNA. Especially since WWE obviously have an interest in him.

My God, I didn't think LAX could get any better but if they get Senshi...wow.

Senshi (or Homicide) with LAX would make a great fued with Sting over the NWA title.

Bob Sapp coming in would be awesome.

I think Sapp can draw some insane money considering how big he will look next to TNA guys. In WWE he'll look kinda like a normal dude next to guys like Batista, Viscera, Show etc.

I hope TNA makes a deal with WFA. We can see mutherfucking RAMPAGE in TNA.

Senshi (or Homicide) with LAX would make a great fued with Sting over the NWA title.

Chances are...it won't happen.

Now I'm wondering since Val is joining Raven's side (now!), will the storyline of Raven being screwed out of the title will come back up? That was the worse drop of a good storyline I've ever seen a promotion do.

He still didnt get his title rematch.

Senshi in LAX is cool.

At least Raven gets to do something, yay Raven.

Im glad on ones moaning that big names are goin to TNA.

Whos Bob Sapp?

And i like the idea of an interpromotional war, that would be cool.

It's going to be Raven, Matt Bentley, Frainkie Kazarian and So Cal Val I think.

And by the looks of things

Johnny Devine

Bob Sapp

firsttake_sapp.jpg

200px-Bob_Sapp.JPG

He does MMA and wrestling in Japan. Not particularly good at either but he's pretty massive and has a good amount of charisma.

In New Japan he did a gimmick where he always ate banana's because he's black, and therefore like a monkey. Really.

Bob Sapp is worthless to the American audience though. It would be like signing Sting except a guy who has never wrestle in front of an American audience. Didn't he use to be a powerplant guy in WCW?

Guest Coffey

How would he be worthless? He's 6'5, 350lbs and has a ton of charisma. He can talk and although he's not the best worker, at least he has some experience. They can also play up his MMA backround and Japanese wrestling to help get him over.

Guest East.Coast.J
Bob Sapp is worthless to the American audience though. It would be like signing Sting except a guy who has never wrestle in front of an American audience. Didn't he use to be a powerplant guy in WCW?

He appeared on WCW television one time exactly I believe doing a promo as well.

Bob Sapp has insane amounts of charisma, he would get himself over in no time. Sapp vs. Angle and Sapp vs. Joe would be pretty big.

The idea of a new Raven's flock horrifies me.

Guest Coffey
The idea of a new Raven's flock horrifies me.

I know. Raven is old & busted, not to mention due to the thyroid problem, he's also now fat...and it's supposed to be believable that Val would date him in his current state? C'mon.

I know. Raven is old & busted, not to mention do to the thyroid problem, he's also now fat...and it's supposed to be believable that Val would date him in his current state? C'mon.

No more believable than Kelly dating Mike Knox in ECW.

I know. Raven is old & busted, not to mention do to the thyroid problem, he's also now fat...and it's supposed to be believable that Val would date him in his current state? C'mon.

No more believable than Kelly dating Mike Knox in ECW.

Except Knox is a healthy physical big older guy that most young girls do like. Raven looks like absolute crap right now. I suppose they could always do a dark reasoning for their connection but it's a tremendous stretch to assume that Val would be with Raven unless they play up some sexual thing or mind control.

Guest NateW

If more people from WWE jump ship it could be good, but it could also be bad. First off, people should wait and see until something officially happens. This could just be a bunch of talk and you just never know what could happen when the time comes. Maybe these wrestlers will jump ship, maybe they are looking for leverage or maybe they are are burned out and will not sign with anybody. A lot of people have left WWE and not gone to TNA.

A lot of WWE names jumping ship could give TNA a big boost, but it could also cause problems. Does TNA have room for everybody on their payroll and roster? If these WWE workers keep coming in and getting the biggest pushes and the biggest money deals it could anger a number of wrestlers in TNA. I think this is one of the main reasons why Monty Brown looks to be WWE bound soon.

Yeah raven looks like crap, but i dont think he'd look so bad if he hadnt dyed his hair green and black out his eyes. Raven didnt look to bad just before his time off.

firsttake_sapp.jpg

Uri Geller Goddamn! That man is huge! I think he'd be pretty good, like Monty Brown, only, you know, good.

Maybe Raven has a really big penis.

Personally, I like the idea of a new Raven's Flock. I never saw a lot of the original Flock, but the idea behind it is one of my favorites in wrestling. They're probably going to go a mind control route with it, which makes sense.

Senshi in LAX makes me happy.

Oh man as if LAX couldn't get any better... Senshi has his name linked with them. That would just be damn insane, and GOOD, Senshi never seems to be used more then twice a month.

As for another formation of The Flock/The Gathering I'm not sure, too much flogging of a dead horse? Guess it would be 'fresh' to those who never saw any of the PPVs a few years back or much WCW.

Thanks for typing these up :)

Maybe Raven has a really big penis.

Personally, I like the idea of a new Raven's Flock. I never saw a lot of the original Flock, but the idea behind it is one of my favorites in wrestling. They're probably going to go a mind control route with it, which makes sense.

Senshi in LAX makes me happy.

That is the case according to some shoots but you can't just say that on the air. Well, I guess you could. Russo is writing afterall.

Thats freaking great! IT'S SAPP TIME!! If TNA promotes Sapp with the right kind of promotions, then TNA could get a lot of great press. Angle vs Sapp or Joe vs Sapp would be a fun watch.

Here's another video of Sapp, this is a highlight video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaKjk43BJxc...ted&search=

This is TNA we talking about, they will never spend money on proper promotion and if they did it will be something like taking ads out during Raw. TNA can sign Shamrock,Sapp and Puder all tomorrow and still would draw low buyrates and ratings.

Raven getting Val can be simple brainwashing. That's always been one of his trademarks.Whatever happen to Cassidy Reilly?

Guest netslob
I don't think you could make another Stevie just like there will never be another Mikey Whipwreck. Stevie to me at least had the prefect combination of patheticness, dorkiness and the abillity to make people compassionate when he finally had enough. I'm not saying that Eric Young doesn't have those things I just don't think they can remake Stevie Richards.

And if all TNA wants to do is copy ECW/WCW/WWE they'll never go anywhere.

i don't mean make Eric exactly like Stevie, but have him be the comic relief foil to Raven's brooding angst.