TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

Nov. 24 Smackdown Thread

Smackdown Preview

M.V. Peeved

After defeating Kane in a Manchester Street Fight, Montel Vontavious Porter was sacrificed by Mr. Kennedy to the Brothers of Destruction. Next week on SmackDown, the young Superstar will have nowhere to run as he faces the Big Red Monster in a Steel Cage Match, as ordered by General Manager Theodore Long.

Chavo’s message

As their intense rivalry became even more personal, Chavo Guerrero delivered a strong message to United States Champion Chris Benoit, attacking him with a chair after Benoit’s victory. Chavo wants Benoit to stay out of his business, but will the Rabid Wolverine persist to get answers?

Royal Contract signing

After weeks of buildup, King Booker and Batista will make it official as they take part in an official "royal" contract signing for their match at Survivor Series. Be sure to tune in as King Booker drops a royal bombshell on the Animal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A really great show tonight. I loved it!

Why the hell does MVP get the inflatable entrance thing..it looks stupid.

I think it has to do with the legit athlete thing seeing as that's how they do entrances in football atleast at the Superbowl.

I find it funny that Raw needs every star in the company to be a good show while Smackdown can do it with just their guys.

Did anyone else notice that near the end of the show, the television feed suddenly switched to "Friends" for a couple of minutes before switching back to SD!?

Did anyone else notice that near the end of the show, the television feed suddenly switched to "Friends" for a couple of minutes before switching back to SD!?

I think that's your market.....mine didn't do that.

Anyone else think Regal was extra tough on Kendrick or whoever? He dropped him on his head at least twice and was CONSTANTLY mashing his face in.

That's how Regal works and Kendrick doesn't have problems with that style.

Anyone else think Regal was extra tough on Kendrick or whoever? He dropped him on his head at least twice and was CONSTANTLY mashing his face in.

That's how Regal works and Kendrick doesn't have problems with that style.

Ya, i knew regal was that way. I just thought kendrick might've fucked up some way in the back.

Kendrick/Regal, Yang/Helms, Benoit/Finley, and hell, even Kane/MVP were four AWESOME matches.

I nominate this for free TV show (Raw/Smackdown/ECW/TNA) of the year.

I TOTALLY agree! Especially Benoit/Finlay. Smackdown makes me proud to still be a wrestling fan.

It was in a cage, and really didn't make Kane look weak. He got tripped up and MVP was fast enough to squirrel his way out. The fact is that in a straight one-on-one match, MVP is royally screwed, and that's the point. He'll probably go out first at SurSer.

I'm surprised nobody has metioned that MVP went over Kane clean.

Is there something wrong with that?

Kendrick/Regal, Yang/Helms, Benoit/Finley, and hell, even Kane/MVP were four AWESOME matches.

I nominate this for free TV show (Raw/Smackdown/ECW/TNA) of the year.

Wrestling quality, from top to bottom this was probably the best Smackdown this year, as far as I've seen so far. Not sure about best free tv show of the year though I'm not sure of just because some of the other segments dragged on, surprisingly Kennedy's was one of them. The ending contract signing seemed so cliche and predictable. Benoit-Finley was a fucking excellent match though for sure. Regal/Kendrick surprised me how stiff and generally out of control (in a good way though) match it was. Yang/Helms actually got some decent time to turn into a match I'd like to see a program out soon, and the cage match was better than I thought it would be. Was surprised to see this show be so strong workrate wise leading to SS on Sunday.