TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Untitled

Astonishing X-Men

Guest Untitled

I think it's worth a thread of it's own, especially as we're entering into the final part of the Whedon run.

Thoughts on AXM 18 - awesome. Good to see Cyclops going postal and getting character developement, and the cliffhanger was solid too, setting up some new dynamics.

Oh, and Wolverine reverting after drinking beer. Gold!

Oh yeah, if you like "THEY WERE ALL A DREAM!" endings to previously good stories, then you'll love this arc...

To be honest, I really liked the first 5 parts of the story, especially Kitty's involvement and Beast chasing Wolverine around. But wow. Way to have a good story end like crap because your superstar writer is basically castrated from the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Guest Untitled

Okay, we're obviously suffering from different interpretations here. I got that they were beamed up to the SWORD ship, and on their way to the Breakerworld for a reason I haven't quite got yet, but will in future issues. Where does the 'it was all a dream' come in?

I've liked alot of it (except for the heavy "Whedonesque" jokes in places) but i'll agree that the last episode seemed like it was thrown together with loads of different shit happening/being explained.

Guest Untitled

I'd agree that a lot did happen, but hopefully we'll get Issue 19 in a months time instead of another extended hiatus.

I didn't get exactly what happened. All I understood was that Emma's guilt made her create illusion villians. How Casandra Nova and the alien guy fit into it, I have no idea.

Guest Untitled
The Hellfire Club were psychic images created by Cassandra Nova.

My interpretation was that Nova manipulated Emma Frost and the X-Men into a position where they'd open the box, and then be destroyed by what was inside. Ord and Danger fall into this as they both want to get rid of the X-M en as well, Danger for revenge and Ord to stop the destruction of his planet. The only problem is that they are now on their way to the Breaker World.

Your right about Ord and Danger ( though them turning up was "handy" to say the least).

But my understanding was that the slug was Cassandra Nova's psyche put into that slug? And thats why she wanted it released?

And slightly off topic (but arguably better) has anyone been reading X-Factor. It's fucking great IMO.

It seems like Ord and Danger being pat of the illusion would make more sense. They show up both together and at a time inconvenient for the X-Men? Doesn't add up.

Yeah, X-Factor really took me by surprise how good it is. I think my favourite of the year (out of all companies) is the Walking Dead which is pretty good, despite delays. That and the majority of Civil War has been fun, but that's another thread.

Re-X-aminations - best X-issue of the year. Whoever decided to get PAD back into the X-Sub-Universe... bravo.

I'm still going WTF? with Whedon's 3rd story arc. Maybe it'll all make sense with his final one.

New X-Men is another great title. And I'm surprised, given how I dislike X-23...

Yeah, I was disappointed with the twists of AXM#18, but I won't let that get in the way of a series that I've really loved thus far.

I have mixed feelings about Mike Carey's X-Men. The first arc was pretty decent, it has kept me reading at least.

And the Uncanny X-Men in space saga is starting to feel a bit dragged out, but I'm hoping that it will pay off with a satisfying conclusion... in six months.

I have mixed feelings about Mike Carey's X-Men. The first arc was pretty decent, it has kept me reading at least.

I also find myself liking X-Men as of late. It certainly is the most readable it's been in I don't know how long, as I felt it was by far the weakest of the X-Titles compared to the other two core titles. It hasn't returned to its former glory under Morrison and such but it has been quite enjoyable under Carey and Bachalo.

I also find myself liking X-Men as of late. It certainly is the most readable it's been in I don't know how long, as I felt it was by far the weakest of the X-Titles compared to the other two core titles. It hasn't returned to its former glory under Morrison and such but it has been quite enjoyable under Carey and Bachalo.

Morrison's run was terribly overrated. His first few arcs were great for shaking up the status quo but the last few... ugh. Luckily for Morrison, people were too busy bashing Chuck Austen to remember the bad stuff.

Anyone else think making this a general X-Books thread is a good idea?

Ironic considering "Astonishing" is the book you read when you want to get away from the other X-titles.