TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

Wow. If Florida really hammers Arkansas in the second half I can honestly see them making it to Glendale. But again, it's CRITICAL that the Gators DO NOT get to excited over this. They still need to take care of business.

Cry me a river. OSU is the undisputed # 1 and Michigan deserves the spot more than Florida. Unless you're gonna bump BSU up, there's no alternative. Not a great way to finish "the big game" two years in a row by the University of Southern Chokers.

Guest Smues

If Florida holds on to win I want OSU/Florida for the title, and UCLA/Michigan in the Rose bowl so it's actually Pac-10/Big-10 like it should be.

Edit: yeah that was a fucking stupid typo. USC/Michigan

If Florida holds on to win I want OSU/Florida for the title, and UCLA/Michigan in the Rose bowl so it's actually Pac-10/Big-10 like it should be.

I believe UCLA's already accepted a bid to the Emerald Bowl or something like that.

If Florida holds on to win I want OSU/Florida for the title, and USC/Michigan in the Rose bowl so it's actually Pac-10/Big-10 like it should be.

I fairly certain Smues just made typo.

That is the potential silver lining and really the resolution I was hoping for all along but I have serious doubts Florida is going to jump Michigan. Besides there's still plenty of time for Arkansas to make it a ball game. Also on the brightside of things I still had no desire to see the tradtional Rose Bowl match-up in a game that wasn't the Rose Bowl almost as much as not wanting to see a rematch game.

Pat White is not playing in the Rutgers/West Virginia game.

Whoo hoo! Fuck USC!

I really hope Michigan doesn't get jewed in favor of Florida now. The Wolverines are the best team in the country (yes I said it), and they deserve another shot at the Buckeyes. They will beat OSU if they get a rematch.

Guest Princess Leena

So, I guess we get USC/LSU in the Rose Bowl now.

Heh. Good luck, Trojans.

You cannot deny the SEC the shot at the title when you have two one loss teams. One is going to be the winner of the SEC with a record of 12-1 while the other will be the Big 10 runner up with a record of 11-1.

Michigan will have defeated two ranked team and Florida will have defeated three ranked teams including two top ten teams. I cannot see a way anyone could justify Florida not deserving of being ranked #2 in the land and going to the title game with a resume like that.

And I hate the god damn stupid Gators with all my heart and soul. The last thing I want as a Noles fan is that stupid swamp crowd getting a shot at the title. But even I can see through my hatred that Florida would be the most deserving.

You cannot tell the SEC, "Sorry, you aren't good enough! We're taking the runner up again! K thx bye!"

Michigan and USC can go beat the life out of each other in the Rose Bowl.

Why not? Michigan already lost to Ohio State. Let Florida have their chance.

and Florida lost to Auburn, a worse team than Ohio State so what are you saying?...just watch the rematch when it happens and enjoy it :)

This isn't Little League. Everyone doesn't deserve their chance at bat so they can feel good about themselves. Michigan has been no worst than the 2nd best team for the last 2 months, lost by 3 AT # 1, and as such they deserve a shot at the National Championship. Stop letting your brain be clouded with that rematch horseshit. In any other year no one would be clamoring for # 3 or 4 to get a shot instead of # 2.

Guest Princess Leena
You cannot deny the SEC the shot at the title when you have two one loss teams.

That's what's going to happen.

Unless Florida gains a ton of votes over Michigan. Which won't happen.

I'll say it right now, Michigan is NOT the second best team in the country. It took two fumbled snaps for them to even make it a game with Ohio State.

If Florida wins the SEC, they should jump an IDLE Michigan team and get the shot. Period.

and Florida lost to Auburn, a worse team than Ohio State so what are you saying?...just watch the rematch when it happens and enjoy it :)

I'm just saying. I don't care what happens, now that I know where USC is going. You don't have to be an asshole about it just because not everyone wants to see a rematch.

I'll say it right now, Michigan is NOT the second best team in the country. It took two fumbled snaps for them to even make it a game with Ohio State.

If Florida wins the SEC, they should jump an IDLE Michigan team and get the shot. Period.

Unfortunately for you, you don't have a vote in any of the polls that will put Michigan # 2.

P.S. It's about to be a 3 point lead for the Gators.

I love how bitter all the USC fans are getting, and how everyone is jumping on Florida's bandwagon halfway through the final game of the season. I bet many of the people pimping Florida right now were the same ones trashing them a few weeks ago for playing a I-AA school.

Glad to see USC lose. I'm just tired of seeing them every year. Carroll was getting a little too high and mighty and needed to be humbled. As far as Florida/Michigan goes, I personally believe that Michigan is the better team. Florida is in a position to jump them though. This is where it hurts the Big Ten to have its season end early. In a Florida/OSU championship scenario, the big loser would be LSU cause I would think that a USC/Michigan Rose Bowl would be in order.

Guest Princess Leena
As far as Florida/Michigan goes, I personally believe that Michigan is the better team. Florida is in a position to jump them though.

No, they're not.

It will be OSU/Michigan in Glendale.

Even if Florida beats Arkansas by 50, if people had Michigan ahead of Florida beforehand, they're not going to change.

*cough* playoffs *cough*

Will never happen, that ship sailed when they invented the BCS. I gave up on the playoffs when they had Oklahoma get a shot at the National Title after not winning their damn conference. And here we go again apparently.

Luckily it looks like the Gators are going to choke it out so that'll end all the talk.