TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

Guest Princess Leena

So, the SEC gets screwed yet again.

Nothing will change. The BCS will rule us forever.

I can't wait to see this folder when Florida gets the Title bid and everyone cries that the BCS is garbage and blah blah blah...

No, most of the people here are bitching about Michigan, particularly the bitter USC fans who were loudly proclaiming about how much better USC was than Michigan. But Michigan is going to get the title shot and the bitching will still happen.

I can't wait to see this folder when Florida gets the Title bid and everyone cries that the BCS is garbage and blah blah blah...

I've been saying the BCS is shite since almost day one.

Maybe this will give Florida the title game nod on virtue of this being an entertaining game (should Florida win).

......right

Well isn't that the argument for Michigan? "BUT THE GAME WAS GREAT! WOULDN'T YOU WANNA SEE IT AGAIN?!"

The arguement is that they are better than Florida. What a noble concept

Says who? A Michigan fan? No thanks.

For clarification i'm not defending the BCS system because it IS shite as you say. Just sayin that's what people are going to use as the excuse.

I look forward to Florida/Ohio St. alot more than a Michigan rematch.

Maybe this will give Florida the title game nod on virtue of this being an entertaining game (should Florida win).

......right

Well isn't that the argument for Michigan? "BUT THE GAME WAS GREAT! WOULDN'T YOU WANNA SEE IT AGAIN?!"

The arguement is that they are better than Florida. What a noble concept

Says who? A Michigan fan? No thanks.

Of all the people that say Michigan should not be in the championship game.The vast majority of them never actually say Florida/USC is actually a better team than Michigan. There are lways a subjective comment..Take that as you will

I have never seen a football game with that many twists and turns. One of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

I really think Florida deserves a shot at the title. But so does Michigan. I can't really decide right now but I hate to see controversy yet again in the BCS.

Either way, it's great to finally be SEC Champs again.

Guest Princess Leena
Does anyone actually think Florida's high-school offense would stand a chance against OSU?

I thought Michigan, USC, Florida, Boise, etc... would all get blown out by OSU. But, whatever.

Let another year of BCS bitching commence!

Does anyone actually think Florida's high-school offense would stand a chance against OSU?

No one does. I don't care what Michigan fans say. They were lucky to be that close the first time. Ohio State has their eyes on the prize. They won't be stopped.

I got an idea. Everyone loves David vs Goliath. Good vs Evil. Big man against the little guy. The solution to all of this is really simple.

The 12-0 Ohio State Buckeyes vs the 0-11 Florida International Golden Panthers.

No one does. I don't care what Michigan fans say. They were lucky to be that close the first time. Ohio State has their eyes on the prize. They won't be stopped.

Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ANYONE on TV saying that Michigan was lucky to be in the game. In fact, some gave Michigan CREDIT for coming back from 14 down in a tough environment and having a chance to win. I'm pretty sure that these people know what they're talking about. And Ohio State is no sure bet to win against anyone. Sure, they should be favored, but as everyone should know after today, upsets happen. And no, I won't gripe if UM doesn't make b/c Florida is just as deserving.

Guest Princess Leena

Or, put both undefeated teams against each other.

I'd dig it if they spray painted every other 5 yard blocks blue like their home turf.

That would be awesome. Or, just paint one half of the field blue.

The Fiesta must do this.

As far as I'm concerned, Florida and Michigan are damn-near equal but, considering Michigan already played Ohio State and lost, Florida should get the nod.

It ain't gonna happen, though, because the computers and some pollsters will keep Michigan at #2 and we'll get a rematch of the ABC-ESPN circlejerk game of the millennium instead.

(Not that it wasn't a good game, but ABC and ESPN are NOTORIOUS for overselling top Big Ten and PAC Ten teams as opposed to teams from the Big East, Big 12, SEC, or ACC. It's goddamn sickening unless you're a fan of one of those two leagues.)

That being said, Florida getting screwed helps my team, LSU, out in a big way.

Michigan going to the title game means a Rose Bowl of LSU and USC, which should help exorcise some of those demons from the 2003 BCS clusterfuck that have lingered.

Florida going to the title game means LSU goes to the Sugar Bowl to face Notre Dame, which I'd be less enthused about. The Sugar Bowl is good, but I'd rather them face Louisville or Michigan than Notre Dame, who got friggin' STOMPED by the two Top Ten teams they faced this year.

I want a REAL game, not the annual "Notre Dame goes to a big bowl thanks to NCAA Affirmative Action and gets stomped as a result" party that's happened the last twelve years when the Irish have gotten a bowl bid.

(Their last bowl win was the 1994 Cotton Bowl over Texas A&M. Their last win in what is now a BCS bowl was in the 1992 Sugar Bowl over Florida.)

Guest Princess Leena

Wake, Rutgers and Boise in the BCS.

"The U" in the Blue Bowl.

I love college football.