TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

I'll say it right now, Michigan is NOT the second best team in the country. They'd totally beat Ohio State on a neutral field.

FYP.

I love how bitter all the USC fans are getting, and how everyone is jumping on Florida's bandwagon halfway through the final game of the season. I bet many of the people pimping Florida right now were the same ones trashing them a few weeks ago for playing a I-AA school.

people are letting their bias dictate who they think should be in the title game...it is number 1 vs number 2....not number 1 vs a team they didnt play

Glad to see USC lose. I'm just tired of seeing them every year. Carroll was getting a little too high and mighty and needed to be humbled.

True. Starting John David Booty wasn't helping matters.

What has been all this NFL talk for Booty? I haven't seen one quality that made me think he's even a good quarterback yet. His strength seems to be throwing the ball up and hoping either Jarrett or Smith catches it.

Michigan deserves to play Ohio State, whether or not Florida wins.

And Rutgers, who someone claimed would put up either "6" or "9" points against Wake in the Orange Bowl, already has 10 in the 1st quarter, on the road, in a place they have never won, against West Virginia.

As far as Florida/Michigan goes, I personally believe that Michigan is the better team. Florida is in a position to jump them though.

No, they're not.

It will be OSU/Michigan in Glendale.

Even if Florida beats Arkansas by 50, if people had Michigan ahead of Florida beforehand, they're not going to change.

Actually, this is incorrect. The average pollster has a memory of about three days, and if Florida blew out Arkansas by 4 or 5 TDs, I think they'd get to #2. However, with it at 17-14 right now, and Arkansas scoring a TD right as most pollsters changed the channel, I think Michigan's looking pretty secure.

As far as Florida/Michigan goes, I personally believe that Michigan is the better team. Florida is in a position to jump them though.

No, they're not.

It will be OSU/Michigan in Glendale.

Even if Florida beats Arkansas by 50, if people had Michigan ahead of Florida beforehand, they're not going to change.

Well yeah now the way Florida's playing they're not gonna make it. But my concern was that theoretically, the voters who thought Michigan was the second best team but put USC at #2 b/c of their anti-rematch belief would do the same for Florida if they just simply won.

"What has been all this NFL talk for Booty? I haven't seen one quality that made me think he's even a good quarterback yet."

Booty's best NFL quality would be that when he falls down it's not an automatic sack.

Can he throw the ball 50 yards from his knees? Cause if he can, I know where he'll be going right now.

Ohio State must be laughing at all the prospective candidates for the title game, including Michigan. This looks like an easy title for Ohio State.

are you sure about that?

"What has been all this NFL talk for Booty? I haven't seen one quality that made me think he's even a good quarterback yet."

Booty's best NFL quality would be that when he falls down it's not an automatic sack.

Can he throw the ball 50 yards from his knees? Cause if he can, I know where he'll be going right now.

I don't think he can. He couldn't even throw it 10 yards downfield at times.

As boring of a prospect as a rematch of a game we just saw two weeks ago(that was no where nere the classic some people say it was), it looks like we're going to have it.

I'm not that disappointed. It would've been awful for Florida fans to have the Bball and F-ball titles to yap about.

God, too much too switch between now. WVA/Rutgers, Oklahoma/Neb., Fla./Ark. and the Rockets/Cavs game is about to tipoff. Going to be a busy night for the remote. I'm not going to see a commercial for the next two hours or so.

What a huge risk taken by Florida there. Amazingly well done, and it just might be enough to turn this game around.

Does Urban Meyer tell his team at halftime, "now remember, the third quarter doesn't matter. Hell, you don't even need to come out for the third quarter. As long as you go out and give me 60% in the fourth quarter, we'll kinda sorta win!"

Oh my God. It's not even the fourth quarter and Florida's out of time outs. What the hell is going on here?

Arkansas' scholar athlete of the game is a 2.8? Hmmmm. Not exactly the highest GPA I've seen.

And I don't watch Florida all that much, so I'm just asking. Does Florida's offense ALWAYS look like a poorly executed Chinese fire drill?

And that was horrible clock management by the Gators. Why call TO just to punt? Take the 5 yards and save the timeout.

Edit: That's why they call the TO. Urban had to draw up that fumbled punt for a touchdown. It all makes sense now.